Any pics of Edge driving his hearse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, they have a nice way of "towing" a car in Ireland! Here, they just put hooks on the front of the car and drag it away.

I don't know about Edge having a hearse but Bono had one for a while. It is in the "In a Lifetime" video that he did with Clannad.

Dana

thrillme said:

In 1999? 2000?, U2 were awarded the 'Freedom of Dublin City' which I guess among other things, think they get some sort of parking privilege but maybe a local Irish person can clarify this. :shrug: Edge's green Mercedez was towed before they got that honor.

actually it was towed after. The award was in 2000 and the tow happened in 2002.

BonoFox1 said:
Edgecar2.jpg

Here is another one of Edges Cars..JT/Rattle and Hum era

edit: It's also a Mercedes...Im not good with car years but this one and the green are definately older, My bro (car expert ) would know if he saw them

Wow that brings back memories.. this is the entrance to The Factory where I guess they must have been rehearsing for the JT or Lovetown tour.
I was there in 93 when they were recording Zooropa and he pulled up in the same car.
I think this one and the green one are the two absolute classic Mercedes that he owns and still drives.

thrillme said:

In 1999? 2000?, U2 were awarded the 'Freedom of Dublin City' which I guess among other things, think they get some sort of parking privilege but maybe a local Irish person can clarify this. :shrug: Edge's green Mercedez was towed before they got that honor.
I know one of the privileges was that they're allowed to graze lambs on St. Stephen's green... but I don't know what else it was..

:hmm: I wonder which of the U2 boys has the most cars..

thrillme said:

I don't think it does because Bono has said he'd give up his right to graze sheep on Stephen's green to be able to park on a double yellow line...

Mephy said:

I don't think it does because Bono has said he'd give up his right to graze sheep on Stephen's green to be able to park on a double yellow line...

Well, I don't know how they mark the roads there but in the US a double yellow line is the middle of the street, so even if they got a park anywhere perk I doubt the middle of the street would be considered ok.

Dana

The_Edge89 said:

:hmm: Interesting.
I didn't know that they had a home there.
Or did they sell it when they bought the one in Malibu last year maybe?
:hmm:

I didnt know that either!!! Love Morocco. Does anyone knows sth about that?

The_Edge89 said:

:hmm: Interesting.
I didn't know that they had a home there.
Or did they sell it when they bought the one in Malibu last year maybe?
:hmm:

He had a house in Malibu that he bought a few years ago. I think the new house is on more land than what the other house was on. The 1st house in Malibu, unless there's a big backyard, had no front yard but an amazing hilltop view on the ocean :drool:

rihannsu said:

Well, I don't know how they mark the roads there but in the US a double yellow line is the middle of the street, so even if they got a park anywhere perk I doubt the middle of the street would be considered ok.

Dana

Here and in Ireland the double yellow lines are next to the curb/sidewalk and it basically indicates a no parking zone. :)

He's still has the house in Malibu. He's bought another piece of property. Location? I know as it's come up at my job, oddly enough. But wouldn't be prudent to post the exact location.

Anywho... from the sound of it the new property doesn't have anything built on it yet. But it will!

A couple of years ago he also drove a Range rover Voque. We saw a whole bunch of people standing at the Clarence hotel,So we went to see what was going on, Some guy told us that Edge just got out of his car, and got into the hotel. We saw him trough the window, He saw us and waved,we waited for about an hour and a half, Then he went into an elevator with Morleigh and both waved at us,then they were gone.

Back
Top Bottom