Any help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildhoney88565

The Fly
Hello all you lovely people!
I really need some help, Im a student so never have money and the answer to my problem has come...A JOB INTERVIEW ON SATURDAY!!
however...
Its in Sainsbury's, a supermarket and I really dont know what they'll ask me or what I should wear, should I bring my CV along?,GCSE results?, I DONT KNOW!!
can anyone help :(

Hi wildhoney,

I've been both sides of the desk, so as an employer this is what I'd look for in an interviewee:

First impressions really do count, so smartly dressed, neat hair, don't overdo the makeup and jewellery. A smile and a handshake never go amiss.

Definitely bring all exam results and CV. Better to be overprepared and it gives the impression you're serious about wanting the job.

Don't know what questions they'll ask, might be about previous job experience and you may get the 'why do you want to work for us?' one. Try to answer without too many 'ums' and 'ers', be positive and upbeat.

Posture and body-language is important, go for good eye-contact and avoid fidgiting. Try to project an air of relaxed confidence, appear interested, enthusiastic, LISTEN to what the interviewer is saying. If you don't understand a question, ask for clarification.

You may be invited to ask questions at the end, so it's good to have these thought out beforehand.

Hope this helps! Very best of luck with the interview, let us know how it turns out. :wink:

I work in a supermarket, and one thing my interviewer liked to do was let me talk and not say anything, so I ended up umm-ing and ahh-ing and trying to fill in the silence. Keep a confident appearence, oh and also they like to ask stuff like "What are you hoping to get out of a job at Sainsbury's?" ....Don't say "money."
Say something like "experience in a team, experience for later life etc etc." They seemed to like that sort of thing.
Good luck anyway! Let us know how it goes!! :up:

If you can get hold of a couple of references to take with you it will be a plus for you - it'll save them having to write to people themselves. Try to get a reference from teacher/lecturer or some such if poss, saying how they regard you: ie: personality, whether you mix well with other people, good time keeping etc.

If you can't get these references before you go then give some consideration to who's names you might give them - and ask the person if they'd mind doing it.

I took references to my present job and they seemed surprised that I came along with them. They promptly went off and photocopied them and then rang me back in the afternoon offering me the job.

Not everyone will want a reference, but hey, it won't hurt.

..good luck..

Back
Top Bottom