any Foreign film lovers out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I enjoy foreign films. I haven't heard of this one, but I'll check it out. What's it about?

I :heart: Amelie

And i also :heart: the spanish films directed by Pedro Almodarvez or something like that lol- Todo Sobre mi madre and La belle eopque

Lara Mullen said:
I :heart: Amelie

And i also :heart: the spanish films directed by Pedro Almodarvez or something like that lol- Todo Sobre mi madre and La belle eopque
I LOVED Amelie!! It's so witty and different! Devdas is an old Indian story about a boy, Devdas, and a girl, Paro( that's her nickname, I can't remember her full name..hehe) that are neighboors and grow up together, even though Deva(nickname, too) is from the high class, and Paro from the lower. Even the families are friends- their mothers are like sisters together. When Dev is just a teen, he follows his father's footsteps and goes to London to become a lawyer- he returns 10 years later, and when he is coming home, that's when the movie begins. So i'll make it short- they love eachother, parents realize they are way different, class wise, and money wise, and the mothers become enemies, parents won't allow their marriage, Paro is ordered to marry some other guy,Dev runs away and in his grief stays in a brothel with this woman who loves him, but he's too blinded from his love for paro...erm...no more..you gotta see it for yourself! Apparently it's an old story, and was actually true- there's more stuff in it than i mentioned- it's pretty long- about 3 and a half hours- but it's worth it! and of course, there are subtitles...wait..you already knew that. *sigh* i had to read them, even though the whole movie is in my native language..hehe go see it!

Last edited:
Thanks for the sinopsis Jam Jar, I'll definitely ck it out. Almodovar's films are great too. There's a really good mexican film called "Como agua para chocolate" that's really good and different. I have not seen Amelie, though. Life is Beautiful and Cinema Paradiso are two of my favorite films ever.

And Indochine!

Back
Top Bottom