Any cure for the blues??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JemEvans

War Child
Hello, Hello. I'm @ a place called Vertigo...-devi
:help:
Alright I need your help with this one guys. It's not the blues of not having my own comp @ home and being forced to use these crappy comps @ my local college that has a evil time limit where they close @ 9pm eastern time for me. This is more of a life is just not playing fair with me kind of blues. First I have to deal with hearing about my granda. See he's been really sick for a good long while now and 'coz of his damn social security there's more than enough paper work to keep him from going to the hospital and getting treated. I don't know how long he has left really since practically everytime my mum calls to see how he is he is worse - see my parents and i live in Hell...uhh i mean Florida hey it feels like it in the summer! hehe anyways and nearly all of our family lives in guatemala [a different country and no it's not in mexico like some ppl think it is around here....it's its own country and stuff] what's worse is that plane tickets are damn expensive to fly out....plus my mum being the eldest when the time comes has to do all the planning for the funeral and pay for it so we can't fly over to see him then fly back again when it's time. You think that would depress me enough that i haven't seen my granda since i was like....12 and now i'm 23 -yikes- but lets add to it a bit..... my boyfriend who i love more than anything in life lives in a different state than me. remember me w/no comp so we basically only get time online when we can. guess he's been really busy with work 'coz i haven't talked to him for several days now -no biggie since i've had to deal b4 with like months from different situations- NOW put stuff w/my granda and not being able to talk to my beloved together and u've got me being all depressed 'coz I really don't have anyone to go to to just talk about all of this. So after ALL of that talking.... anyone got any ideas how I can find that ever popular silver linning in the gray and dark clouds?? you guys are just the greatest ppl I've come to know and love so I know if anyone can help it's you guys. Oh and suggestions of having Bono or The Edge cheer me up or even getting a chance to drool over some sexy arse pics of them would be greatly accepted! hehe Well I have to go now.... they are switching the lights on and off in the school library...hmmm i think they want us to leave soon.

:rant: <-- me wishing i could tell the library ladies off

:hug:

It is really hard to be so far away from a loved one, especially when they are sick and maybe dying. I don't know if they still do it, but airlines used to give discounts or free airfare for families visiting dying relatives and funerals.

With your Mom being the "hub" of family information, be a support to her. My Mom is the one who always seems to have to make the phone calls when a relative dies. Making those calls gets harder and more painful each time. Offer to help her...see if you can call some of your relatives also, so she don't have to give the same sad news over and over again. When things settle down a bit, take her out to dinner, or buy her flowers to thank her for all that she has done for your family.

Long distance relationships are tough....but if you love each other enough, you two (tehee) can weather this storm.

Here is your silver lining:

Hold tight to the people you do have in your life!!!!!!

Remember that your Grandfather lived a full life and may be on his way to bigger and better things. He will always be with you if you keep him in your memory and your heart.

Re: I'm Sorry You're Sad

Jem,

I'm sorry that things are tough for you right now. And I'm sorry that your grandfather is ill.

The older you get, the more you will see that life is a series of peaks and valleys. Sometimes, things are so wonderful that you almost can't believe that such good things are happening to you. Other times, you wonder if you'll ever have another happy day. That knowledge makes it simpler to ride out the bad times, because you've learned that things can and will improve in the future.

As for your boyfriend, if it is meant to be, it will be.

And as far as beating the blues...you have a wonderful gift, and that is your writing talent. Your PLEBA stories are so entertaining?you have a terrific imagination! Why don't you try writing about your feelings to get the sadness out of your system, then working on another PLEBA story, even if you have to write it in longhand and then type it into a computer later? Once you start concocting some story involving :bono: :edge: :larry: and :adam:, you'll probably beat those blues, for a little while anyway.

Take care of yourself, and always remember, you have plenty of PLEBA friends who care about you.

Diane

Very true thoughts Daisy and Diane.

Jem the best thing you can do is not being hopeless.

OK I'll write a quote these are the words of a hungarian writer:
' There's no voyage after death, which is more mysterious than life'
Just look in youself and talk to yourself to get to know your own soul cause if you know yourslef then you know everything.

And girlie don't be sad. IF you're sad then everyone around you is going to feel the same way and I don't think you wanna have the same ppl around you. And if you feel sad just try to be cheerful or at least try to pretend happiness especially to your mother who really needs some support in these hard days.

And finally I'll write another quote?well it's not coming here but this always cheers me up.

' Love: when a gentle breeze moves the curtain. It's not the breeze, not the curtain. It's the movement.'
:heart:

you guys are the best

reading what you guys said just made me all teary eyed....but in the good happy way 'coz I've got you guys here for me. Thank you! I'm already feeling a lil better just by being around here. oh and daisy....all our family execpt for my uncle lives in the same country but I will take your adivce about doing something extra nice for her. would be great if airlines gave discounts or something for when something like that happens....i'll look into that. As for my stories...hehe i'm glad u guys like them so much... I already had one idea to maybe put some of us back in time when the guys were just starting out the band. ooooo young U2 can u imagine going to the same school as them??? and bono hitting on all of us ! lol i swear everytime i hear about how he was always flirting w/girls it makes me laugh and think wow i didn't know bono was such a player back then.

:hug: (daisy,diane & chrissie)
:bono: :edge: :larry: & :adam: *come and comfort Jem*
*starts to get her usual evil grin of ideas in her mind*
*guys begin to worry so they double their efforts to 'Distract' her from any of her stories*

Re: you guys are the best

JemEvans said:
As for my stories...hehe i'm glad u guys like them so much... I already had one idea to maybe put some of us back in time when the guys were just starting out the band. ooooo young U2 can u imagine going to the same school as them??? and bono hitting on all of us ! lol i swear everytime i hear about how he was always flirting w/girls it makes me laugh and think wow i didn't know bono was such a player back then.

Sounds so cool!!! Can I be in that one?Hehe

I'm sorry things are so tough for you now, Jem. I know the feeling. I remember the first time I was separated from my parents. It was hell. It reallly hurt. Neither one of them were sick but it was less than a year after my grandfather died, I was sick and hospitalized, and egads was I ever depressed. I felt so alone. I hate being in hospitals, they are depressing places to be in. Just think about your grandfather's life, and how cool it all was. Unfortunately, this was before I'd ever heard of U2.....a little too long ago. :wink: Find yourself some sexy pix in PLEBA.....that's been working great for some recent blahs. It's *FUN*!!!!:heart: :heart: :heart: :bono: :edge: :heart: :heart:

Back
Top Bottom