Another timezone, another place...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think she's in... canada or so atm :scratch: I can't remember it totally, but I thought after scotland she was going to either canada or the US...

Molly's correct - I'm not sure what state, but she's definitely in the US right now. I know she was going to go to Hawaii at some point.

Ali - thanks so much for the postcard. :lol: I think I got it a day or two after we had talked. :ohmy: The mail was really quick. I had a good chuckle over the picture.

Hope you're continuing to have a fantastic time! :hug:

Wasn't she going to DragonCon near Atlanta? If so, I know a couple people who went and it was last weekend - she was probably too busy to post :wink:

:shifty:

Drea's right, I was way too busy geeking out at Dragon*Con (am currently wearing the t-shirt!) to get near the internet :wink:

After Scotland I went back into England to spend some time with friends I hadn't seen in 4 or 5 years (and the dogs I used to live with too!), and went to Stonehenge with them... that was amazing. Did the quick and dirty tours of Bath and London, there's SO much I didn't get to see and I want to go back and do it all properly... if only I can get another month off work. *L* Didn't get to see much of Bristol, cos a son of the guy my friend has married broke his arm one day... :yikes: All is well though.

Landed in the USA on the 29th, Atlanta via Washington (that last leg of the flight had some amazing clouds... it really is stunningly beautiful from 34,000 feet), spent that night in Macon where I have friends (who I met in person for the first time then!), then back to Atlanta to check into the Mariott for the convention on the 30th. Four days of unashamed geekery, and now I'm back in Macon, spending time with the friends there, as well as my friends from Cornwall and Scotland who also came to the convention. :D

Today I went to a Gap and bought a metric crapload of (RED) products. It's seriously the most fun I've ever had while shopping for clothes - normally I hate shopping, but this was extremely cool. I bought about 25 little beaded things on pins, to give to everyone at work, which I figure is nicer than getting crappy plastic key rings, and also is more of the socially conscious thing to do. Heaven knows I've bought my fair share of tacky souvenirs so far on this trip! :wink:
I spent a crapload of money in the Stonehenge gift shop too, actually... and after we did the tour of the re-created Globe theatre, I bought a bunch of stuff, including this awesome set of fridge magnets, which had various Shakespearian insults on them... cracked me up. :D

No more photos at the moment, not had a chance to upload anything onto photobucket since Scotland. Hopefully I can hijack someone's computer in the next couple of days (and a washing machine too...), and sort something out. I'm writing now from the free internet access room in the hotel, and I don't think they'll let me put photos onto these computers.

Anyway, I'm so glad to get some blue crack and see you all! :hug: :hug: :hug: Thanks so much for all your kind words and for thinking of me :D

Wow, thanks for the update Ali! What an amazing trip, you are so lucky to be able to do it! Your 4 days of unashamed geekery cracked me up, as I too spend 5 days each year at Comic-con enjoying the unashamed geekery as well. :shifty:
Keep on having fun, how far west are you going to make it in the US? Take care!

:hug: :hug:

I'm back! Got home last night after a delayed flight from Honolulu (I got as far west as Hawaii, comet! :wink: other than that, it was Chicago in between), a brief stay in New Zealand (Auckland airport is very nice, but I'll be happy to not see another one for a long time!), and stuff... got to HNL airport on Friday night, landed in Melbourne Sunday evening... gotta love that date line! :wink:
And Melbourne's weather... cold, windy, raining and 14C! It was 28C when I left Hawaii... :sad:

So much to say, so many pictures, so many places I want to see again and spend more time in. Will have pics up soon, I hope! Not enough room on the computer just at the moment... :reject:

Can't wait to talk to those of you on MSN :hug:

One pic...

IMG_6090.jpg

Stonehenge at dawn.

Thanks everyone, I missed you all too :hug: :heart:

Pic organisation is proceeding... I have over 1700!! :crack: :faint:

One more random thing I saw in London...

P8250344sml.jpg

I found this highly amusing... shame I wasn't in a certain other city!! :giggle: ... :sigh:

OOh I haven't visited this thread for awhile. Gorgeous Stonehenge picture, I'd love to see it someday. So you missed everything in between Chicago and Hawaii? :lol: LOL
Looking forward to seeing more of your photos! :)

unico said:
Hi Ali! :wave : glad you enjoyed your travels! Were you on holiday or was this for work? You have some really cool pictures!
Hey there! :hug: I love your dancing cartoon sig :giggle:
It was a purely selfish holiday :D I got back to work on Tuesday and had forgotten all my passwords and half the tasks I'm supposed to be working on :lol:

bonocomet said:
OOh I haven't visited this thread for awhile. Gorgeous Stonehenge picture, I'd love to see it someday. So you missed everything in between Chicago and Hawaii? : lol: LOL
Looking forward to seeing more of your photos! :)
Yeah, we flew over the mid-west, and I didn't even see much of that, cos I was sitting in the middle of the plane :grumpy:

All the people at work wanted to know was whether I'd gotten drunk/lucky... :tsk:

P8130158sml.jpg

:D

Alisaura said:

Hey there! :hug: I love your dancing cartoon sig :giggle:
It was a purely selfish holiday :D I got back to work on Tuesday and had forgotten all my passwords and half the tasks I'm supposed to be working on :lol:

Yeah, we flew over the mid-west, and I didn't even see much of that, cos I was sitting in the middle of the plane :grumpy:

All the people at work wanted to know was whether I'd gotten drunk/lucky... :tsk:

P8130158sml.jpg

:D

Now, that is one beautiful drink for a beautiful lady! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom