Another Fake Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Another Fake Bono?

hcbiggs2002 said:

The article isn't there anymore! YAY!! She must have received your e-mail and removed the offensive piece straight away!?! :ohmy:

It was gone for a while but I just clicked on the link and it's back up :|

bonocomet said:
I have a question about a pic.

Is this Bono or Hollywood Bono? (or some other "Bono") People have always said it IS Bono but something about it has always seemed not right to me.... if it IS Bono... well then I dunno what I'm thinking.... :shrug:

bonohandnice.jpg

It doesn't really look like it is him. Could be the lighting, but the jacket and glasses, nose, hair.....

Someone with Myspace should post on his page, call him out with a link to the story with that stupid Quote he gave the reporter....

Last edited:
bonocomet said:

Is this Bono or Hollywood Bono? (or some other "Bono") People have always said it IS Bono but something about it has always seemed not right to me.... if it IS Bono... well then I dunno what I'm thinking.... :shrug:

bonohandnice.jpg

This is the real Bono. I forget which concert in 2001 that it was at but it is definitely the real Bono.

biff said:

He's not the guy in that photo, and he's saying that he would never do anything that slimy.

Oooooooooh! I see....

My bad then! Sorry! :D

But I still keep my first comment about this whole situation being pathetic, whoever the fake Bono is.

bonocomet said:

bonohandnice.jpg

look at the hand... Bono has short, thick fingers...
that's the only odd thing I can find.. but it could be him... I dunno :huh: ack now I'm confused..

Seems as Biffs letter to the author of the article didn't have the desired affect of getting rid of this article. So I've taken it upon myself to write a letter to straight this cybergolf site itself, pointing out that the 'Bono' in their article is an imposter.
I too sent them photos of Bono, with his new hair style, from Dallas and also the link to Bono's speech on that day. So hopefully this time they'll take note. I'll let you know if I get any kind of reply. :eyebrow:

8c8e39f2.jpg

Brian Howell, right, photographs Bono impersonator Matt Easter, left, during the sixth annual Celebrity Impersonators convention at the Imperial Palace in Las Vegas on Tuesday, May 30, 2006.

:crack:

bonocomet said:

bonohandnice.jpg

Ok "mystery" solved proof. Just as U2Girl1978 said, this IS the real Bono. Found another pic and everything seems to match up just fine, right down to the one button on the jacket buttoned.

bwbonosingsmic.jpg

whew! Ok I can now go back to enjoying that pic as it should be properly enjoyed.

:happy:

one4u2 said:
8c8e39f2.jpg

Brian Howell, right, photographs Bono impersonator Matt Easter, left, during the sixth annual Celebrity Impersonators convention at the Imperial Palace in Las Vegas on Tuesday, May 30, 2006.

:crack:
]

impersonators convention??? that's.. sick..

he doesn't look much like him tho.. fake hat and jacket.. *coughbuttonedshirt*

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Totally not him. Believe me, if Bono had been in my state, I'd have known. And he'd have looked a hell of a lot hotter than that.

You know that! Never been to one Derby in my life,but if Bono had been here ...you better believe my butt would have been there!

:hyper:

:grumpy: that guy should rethink giving the peace sign with those obviously non-bono skinny fingers

:giggle:

Wow, it just occurred to me that it's really weird to be attending public events and trying to give out interviews as a rock star. Its one thing to just want to look like him....but pretend to be him? And with those awful corny lines? *gag*

bonocomet said:

Ok "mystery" solved proof. Just as U2Girl1978 said, this IS the real Bono. Found another pic and everything seems to match up just fine, right down to the one button on the jacket buttoned.

bwbonosingsmic.jpg

whew! Ok I can now go back to enjoying that pic as it should be properly enjoyed.

:happy:

bonocomet, I'm sorry, I don't want to ruin your night, but that first pic is NOT BONO!!:wink: The hair is different, the HEAD is different, and I don't think the clothes match up exactly, but even if they did, it doesn't mean much. You can buy the clothes! It isn't him!

And I have to say this, I got a look at the pic of Nutjob's band; OK, I know one of them is supposed to be Larry, so I guess the other three are Moe, Curly and Shemp????? If this is a tribute band, can you imagine what a U2 insult band looks like? How the boys must cringe when they see things like this!

If they are such wonderful guys, they had better get their so-called singer some help, and fast, before he gets himself, and possibly Bono, into some real trouble.

CMM said:
as you wish :)

pointy nose
two rings on fingers, while Bono has 1
pinky ring is even incorrect
skinny fingers
one CHEAPearrring..
earring isn't odd placed... way too close to the head
long hair whenw as this posted?
skinny neck
are those wrinkles under the shades of his left eye?
the sleeves of his coat and shirt fit..

did I prove the point? :wink:

CMM said:

Oh wow! Look who was just in Dublin :happy: :down:

PAVEL SFERA "Bono" Impersonation Appearances:

04/29/06 - Chicago, Illinois; Single performance fill-in as frontman with Vertigo U2 tribute.

05/05/06 - Puerto Rico; Commercial Impersonation Appearance.

05/15/06 - San Diego, California; KGB Radio Commercial & Video Skit with "Chainsaw" on-air personality.

05/25/06 - Los Angeles, California: Guest "Bono" on Carson Daly Last Call Talk Show.

05/25/06 - Dublin, Ireland; Commercial Impersonation Appearance.

FEELINNUMB said:

bonocomet, I'm sorry, I don't want to ruin your night, but that first pic is NOT BONO!!:wink: The hair is different, the HEAD is different, and I don't think the clothes match up exactly, but even if they did, it doesn't mean much. You can buy the clothes! It isn't him!

Don't worry, no nights ruined here... I originally put the picture up for debate (or at least confirmation) because it didn't look like him to me. I am wondering why U2girl1978 is so sure it is him then. Maybe someone knows the photogapher, anything like that? I still think those 2 pics match pretty well though. The 1st pic is just a very ODD picture. :huh:

FEELINNUMB said:

If you're talking about that one of him singing onstage, it is Bono.

You can see Larry's arm in the background, excellent scale for being on the actual Elevation stage, not just some tribute band's performance. (Hah, I'd like to see any tribute band manage to land that big of a stage. Most can only land a whole venue the size of the Elevation stage.)

And in the background of the first questionable pic that bonocomet posted, you can see people in what appears to be arena-style seating behind them.

For your viewing pleasure:

ItIsTooBono.jpg

You can also see several large floodlights like they used for Beautiful Day (I think that's the song they used 'em for...) That many floodlights in your average tribute band venue... City of Blinded Audience. /cheeeeezy lameness

Anyway.
*Waves*
Hey Gabe!
More like Bono, MacPhisto and the Edge.

Heh heh, at least you have The Man's blessing in this vein, eh? ;-)

PS. What happened to that shirt order?

Back
Top Bottom