Another Fake Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Niamh_Saoirse said:
Does anybody know if this guy is in a particular tribute band or if he just goes around pretending to be B?

BAW posted this in the previous fake-Bono thread:

That is Pavel from the the U2 tribute band Desire based in San Diego

The previous thread can be found here:

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=159146&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

I'm pretty sure that the previous thread^ and this thread are about the same fake Bono, so Flavia, the answer to your question would be yes!

:|

There's been a few of the Bono's in tribute bands going around signing autographs as the real man, fooling people. I can think of one of them that probably still does so. His band is based in Chicago. :|

Oh sweet Jesus.... :|

In their website, he is always referred to as "Bono impersonator", which is grand when you are performing or making commercials, etc, but if you stumble upon someone who is a U2 fan and they start chatting to you cus they believe you are the real thing, at least have the decency to say:"Look, Im not the real Bono. My name is (.....) and we have a U2 tribute band bla blah blah. And we could pose for a pic until you get a pic with the real thing". That way you get ublicity for your band and the fan knows the truth at the same time.

Merc said:

BAW posted this in the previous fake-Bono thread:

The previous thread can be found here:

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=159146&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

I'm pretty sure that the previous thread^ and this thread are about the same fake Bono, so Flavia, the answer to your question would be yes!

:|

Yup, it's the same guy.

http://www.101photographers.com/directory/Celebrity_Look_Alikes_Impersonators/v4083212.htm

If you check his myspace page and look at his pic with Pierce Brosnan, he's even wearing the same shirt he's wearing in the picture with the reporter. The pinky ring is pretty distinctive too.

http://www.myspace.com/capitalp

BandMembersonBeach.jpg

*same shirt in this pic too

Last edited:
Bono's American Wife said:
Yup, it's the same guy.

http://www.101photographers.com/directory/Celebrity_Look_Alikes_Impersonators/v4083212.htm

If you check his myspace page and look at his pic with Pierce Brosnan, he's even wearing the same shirt he's wearing in the picture with the reporter. The pinky ring is pretty distinctive too.

Just had a look at his homepage...

As a U2 fan and a fan of Bono's views on humanity, it's been an honor and an absolute pleasure to share not only the physical likeness of an incredibly talented musician.....but also to feel the impact he has on normal everyday unsung heroes on the streets

:barf:

Seriously, this s just too much...

...and as Granny said - I look more like Bono than this guy! :|

Because of the striking resemblance, I'm stopped daily for autographs and photographs. Of course, I don't autograph Mr. Hewson's name nor do I tell people that I'm Bono

Oh, really? :eyebrow: :tsk:

Last edited:
Quote: “I hope U2 is able to inspire you to make a difference in your world”. ?????????

I don't hear Bono talking that way to a fan. :no:
dumb

U2Girl1978 said:
H
Which one plays the Edge anyways?

The guy with the beanie, of course :wink:

And I should add that Rod (the Edge) is a VERY nice guy, who as far as I know, has never tried to pass himself off as the real Edge! :giggle: I'm just trying to figure out how he and the rest of the band handle their "Bono" pulling this crap all the time.

The guy with the beanie, of course :wink:

And I should add that Rod (the Edge) is a VERY nice guy, who as far as I know, has never tried to pass himself off as the real Edge! :giggle: I'm just trying to figure out how he and the rest of the band handle their "Bono" pulling this crap all the time.

Oh whoops! :der: :lol:

I know the B-man when I see him,and that SOaB isn`t,yeah and you know that he get`s paid money to rip people off like that:shame: :tsk: :censored:sorry but I have seen this far too much and I get extremly mad when it happens :mad:

Hello Hello,

Hollywood Bono here from Hollywood U2.com. As careful as I have to be about these topics I felt I needed to step in here for the first time on this site..... Mostly so no one thinks it's me pulling this scam which would take some credability away from me.

It is disappointing that anyone would pass themselves off as the real king and nothing short of blasphemy. I've had so many opportunities, (especially in other countries), to fool people but the second I see they really think I'm him I feel so stupid and tell them right away out of respect for The real Bono, them and myself. But mostly for them.

I sign autographs ALL THE TIME......but I sign Hollywood Bono and make very sure they know who I am not. I have an enourmous amount of respect for King B and am pretty damn ok with myself. I think we all need to dig for compassion for the imposters but they DO need to be posted as fakes and be rebuked. The only time I am mistaken for the real thing is just off stage by someone who doesn't know any better. I couldn't take advantage of someone like that...I DON"T DRESS LIKE HIM OFFSTAGE EVER. So in the future know these guys aren't me. I'm in it cause people need it not cause I do. But it is a lot of fun preaching these songs as everyone loves to listen.... It's all about the message and I feel I am doing a great service to the U2 fans and know the line of respect needed to go along with it.

By the way...Isn't it illegal to say your someone your'e not? Not to mention how risky that is with this particular highly political figure.

Jesus came back down and joined a rock band to get his message out this time......I'm listening and am WIDE WAKE.

Love and Peace for all/////Hollywood Bono

Last edited:
And I should add that Rod (the Edge) is a VERY nice guy, who as far as I know, has never tried to pass himself off as the real Edge!

:lmao:

that is so offensive... cant they pay tribute to the band without dressing like them.

I didn't really believe it in the last thread that someone was actually going around doing this, but I guess since he's talking to reporters now it's true. :| That's crappy.

[off topic]
As well
[/off topic]
eng101.gif

OMG these people are :sick: that makes me mad bono looks way better than that!!! some one breake it to her softly!!:lol:

The King Bono said:
Hello Hello,

Hollywood Bono here from Hollywood U2.com. As careful as I have to be about these topics I felt I needed to step in here for the first time on this site..... Mostly so no one thinks it's me pulling this scam which would take some credability away from me.

It is disappointing that anyone would pass themselves off as the real king and nothing short of blasphemy. I've had so many opportunities, (especially in other countries), to fool people but the second I see they really think I'm him I feel so stupid and tell them right away out of respect for The real Bono, them and myself. But mostly for them.

I sign autographs ALL THE TIME......but I sign Hollywood Bono and make very sure they know who I am not. I have an enourmous amount of respect for King B and am pretty damn ok with myself. I think we all need to dig for compassion for the imposters but they DO need to be posted as fakes and be rebuked. The only time I am mistaken for the real thing is just off stage by someone who doesn't know any better. I couldn't take advantage of someone like that...I DON"T DRESS LIKE HIM OFFSTAGE EVER. So in the future know these guys aren't me. I'm in it cause people need it not cause I do. But it is a lot of fun preaching these songs as everyone loves to listen.... It's all about the message and I feel I am doing a great service to the U2 fans and know the line of respect needed to go along with it.

By the way...Isn't it illegal to say your someone your'e not? Not to mention how risky that is with this particular highly political figure.

Jesus came back down and joined a rock band to get his message out this time......I'm listening and am WIDE WAKE.

Love and Peace for all/////Hollywood Bono

So you are saying you never gave an interview to this girl who is in the pic with you?

The King Bono said:
It's all about the message and I feel I am doing a great service to the U2 fans and know the line of respect needed to go along with it.

So, you’re doing me a service? :huh: :scratch: I beg to differ.
You ought to be ashamed of yourself:yuck: , but how could you if you’re living a lie?! :coocoo:
Also, for someone who pretends to be Bono you ought to care about writing with fewer mistakes.

Niamh_Saoirse said:

So you are saying you never gave an interview to this girl who is in the pic with you?

He's not the guy in that photo, and he's saying that he would never do anything that slimy.

I have a question about a pic.

Is this Bono or Hollywood Bono? (or some other "Bono") People have always said it IS Bono but something about it has always seemed not right to me.... if it IS Bono... well then I dunno what I'm thinking.... :shrug:

bonohandnice.jpg

Back
Top Bottom