Another Example of Bono's Beautiful Heart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Here is another example of Bono's amazingly BIG HEART.

Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did. :wink:

What a great world this would be if we all could be more in our words and our actions toward each other like Bono is towards others.

:angel:

The Mirror
January 13, 2006 Friday

BONO HANDS BEGGAR EUR100

BY PAUL MARTIN

BONO was doing it all in the name of love as he flashed peace signs and
handed a beggar d100 (pounds 70) on a night out.

The U2 rocker was one of host of stars to hit the tiles in Dublin after
attending the premiere of Breakfast In Pluto.

But Shane MacGowan was top of the strops when he gave the fingers to
onlookers as he hit glitzy showbiz haunt Lillies Bordello for a big
booze-up.

The former Pogues singer flashed V-signs at photographers on his first
public outing since leaving rehab last week.

Moments after Shane's unglamorous entrance Bono, 45, arrived with wife
Ali after a a few drinks with pals at his hotel, the Clarence.

He strolled over to a beggar and handed him EUR100 before being
retiring to the Library Lounge where he ordered drinks for his
entourage, which included best pal Gavin Friday.

After an hour Ali, 44, went home and left Bono to party the night away
with his mates.

One reveller said: "The homeless guy couldn't believe his luck when
Bono handed him the money. He just kept saying, 'God bless you, God
bless you'.

"Inside Bono was the life and soul of the party. He was clearly
enjoying being back at home after touring for nearly a year."

The star will jet off to Australia at the weekend to resume the group's
record-breaking Vertigo world tour.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

BONO - :hug:

Ahhh Bono is such a darling!! Bless him :)

I hope the Mirror has that last part wrong about him being in Oz at the moment - I am off to Dublin on Friday.

Can't see it though - as he is in Europe next week and not due in Oz till March

Lisa

I've heard of this before. Apparently he often gives away his money when he's out and about and usually to ppl down on their luck.. And even though he's comfortably well off, it's still very generous of him. Not all celebs would do that.

Hats off to B...again... ( and if he offered me a few quid, I think I'd give it back an' ask for a snog instead...:drool: :drool: Some things money can't buy...hee hee).

youvedonewhat said:
I've heard of this before. Apparently he often gives away his money when he's out and about and usually to ppl down on their luck.. And even though he's comfortably well off, it's still very generous of him. Not all celebs would do that.

Hats off to B...again... ( and if he offered me a few quid, I think I'd give it back an' ask for a snog instead...:drool: :drool: Some things money can't buy...hee hee).

True, too true.

i wish i could do that. im short on money and there are so many beggars in boston. i was raised around the cynical view that they were going to spend it on drugs or booze. i wish i could do more.

youvedonewhat said:

lol I'd do the same thing :drool:

but indeed, the Bman has a big heart and HE ROCKS! :D
I love the fact that Ali went home pretty soon and Bono partying the night away...Ali's a very very smart wife... :D why does reading these things make me always super happy?

This is a very sweet thing for him to do and no matter what the dumb papers or press say the person who got the money appreciates it I'm sure.

I use to be cynical too about giving out money and such. But now I don't care. I figure what they do with it is between them and God. My part of it is to step out in faith and give what I can. I always live week to week, but Mr. Cat and I figure every little bit can help someone. And especially when I see young kids who are on the streets, if that was my child I would hope someone would be generous to them as well.

Once again this is yet another reason I admire Bono for doing what he thinks is right. :heart: I can imagine how the person must have felt. :love:

youtooellen said:
Bono's so amazing :heart:

I completely agree!

For all the talk about his looks, his intellect, his music, his humor, etc., when it all comes down to it, it's really Bono's big and beautiful Heart that TRULY IMPRESSES the most. :up:

Bono's Heart is ONE in a million.

Thanks for all the wonderfully positive responses so far in this thread.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

I think when a gesture like that comes from Bono, we know it to be 100% genuine and from the heart.

Its good to see him enjoying the craic as well! Also I hope Shane didn't fall off the wagon but on a night out in Dublin what are the chances of him staying sober?!

pop marter said:
Also I hope Shane didn't fall off the wagon but on a night out in Dublin what are the chances of him staying sober?! [/B]

Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing when I was reading it. :eyebrow:

That's nice of Bono, but we all know he's great like that :D
Of course some people will always take it the wrong way, but it's only their loss ;)

legethien said:

That's nice of Bono, but we all know he's great like that :D
Of course some people will always take it the wrong way, but it's only their loss ;)

Very true, legethien. :wink:

Thanks for all the GREAT responses for Bono. ;)

hcbiggs2002 said:
I know for a fact that Bono does this sort of thing quite often. This time a reporter just happened to be around to witness Bono's generosity.:cute:

this makes me love him even more... but it's a sad thing that most people imediately will think it's a publicity stunt... but how do you know he does it quite often???

greety said:
I read another story like this one once, but unfortunately Bono had no money on him, so he drew a a cartoon on the guys shirt instead. Should be worth a few bucks/euros eh? :D

rofl Bono is soooo coool :D
I bet that shirt was worth a lot!

Galeongirl said:

this makes me love him even more... but it's a sad thing that most people imediately will think it's a publicity stunt... but how do you know he does it quite often???

Well, if memory serves correctly, Bill Flanagan noted this behaviour on numerous occasions in his book 'U2 At the end of the world' as he travelled with the band during their ZooTV tour.

Back
Top Bottom