Another Example of Bono's Beautiful Heart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know there alot of people down on their luck-but I'm often hesitant to give money cause they usually need for drugs or alcohol. Sorry to be so crass--but they stand at the exit on the interstate near our house--and there a couple of guys who stand there who take turns using crutches to get people to stop & give $. Then I have seen them walking about a block up the road to the liquor store. :madspit: God Bless those who are really needy & I don't like to judge anyone--we do help thru work & church people in our community.

Bono's Doll said:
I know there alot of people down on their luck-but I'm often hesitant to give money cause they usually need for drugs or alcohol. Sorry to be so crass--but they stand at the exit on the interstate near our house--and there a couple of guys who stand there who take turns using crutches to get people to stop & give $. Then I have seen them walking about a block up the road to the liquor store. :madspit: God Bless those who are really needy & I don't like to judge anyone--we do help thru work & church people in our community.

It's fine, not everyone can help everyone anyway. Sometimes people have these stupid expectations without even thinking of the long term effects. For example, Bono COULD sell his house and all his earthly belonging and give all his money to charity, but then he wouldn't be able to travel and meet with leaders like the presidents, prime ministers, pope, Mandella, Kofi Annan, Desmund Tutu, etc, etc. I COULD save up my money to buy EDUN clothes, but then I would not have been able to study in Africa for a month and experience first-hand the issues Bono and Ali so strongly advocate.

My boyfriend and I have both encountered local beggars. Instead of giving money that they say is for food or baby diapers, simply offer food or baby diapers...and nine times out of ten their story changes.

Back
Top Bottom