another dumb question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DreamOutLoud13 said:
He's right handed. They all are. I have a weird habit of watching people and noticing whether they're right handed or left handed :shrug:

I do too,It`s just he writes fast and I never had really noticed:shrug:

Maybe hes hexidextris, dunno excatly the word but it means he can write with both hands *I THINK* only what my dad said the other day

that'd be ambidextrous... :nerd: I know it, since I am one...
I can write with both, but oddly I write mostly with left, and do about anything else with my right hand... but I can play soccer with both legs aswell...

oh yea, another random point of observation on his hands, Bono usually has his mic in his right hand and his left hand..... :uhoh: well...

Just go watch any random U2 live gig :sexywink:

flybabe said:
I do too,It`s just he writes fast and I never had really noticed:shrug:
You can also tell by the guitar. They make seperate guitars for left handed people, with the neck on the right side. Paul McCartney, Jimi Hendrix, and Kurt Cobain are (were) left handed. Though granted, some left handed people learn to play guitar right handed.

U2_Dudette said:
Maybe hes hexidextris, dunno excatly the word but it means he can write with both hands *I THINK* only what my dad said the other day
Ambidextrous :yes:
But you know, I suppose if you worked on it, it wouldn't be hard to train yourself to write a little with your non-dominant hand, at least enough to sign your name :shrug:

EDIT: GG! Quit posting the same thing as me, right before I get a chance! :madwife:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

You can also tell by the guitar. They make seperate guitars for left handed people, with the neck on the right side. Paul McCartney, Jimi Hendrix, and Kurt Cobain are (were) left handed. Though granted, some left handed people learn to play guitar right handed.

Ambidextrous :yes:
But you know, I suppose if you worked on it, it wouldn't be hard to train yourself to write a little with your non-dominant hand, at least enough to sign your name :shrug:

EDIT: GG! Quit posting the same thing as me, right before I get a chance! :madwife:

I play guitar right handed:eyebrow:

and I wrote with my left hand once,so I don`t know

DreamOutLoud13 said:
He's right handed. They all are. I have a weird habit of watching people and noticing whether they're right handed or left handed :shrug:

Me too! :hyper:
Some photographic evidence of the subject in question...
348694249%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B664%3B86%3B%3Aot1lsi

Galeongirl said:
I can write with both, but oddly I write mostly with left, and do about anything else with my right hand... but I can play soccer with both legs aswell...
:ohmy: OMG GG you are my little clone! I can play pool either way too. When you write, do you tilt the paper instead of craning your hand around in that strange position most leftys use?

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

Me too! :hyper:
Some photographic evidence of the subject in question...
348694249%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B664%3B86%3B%3Aot1lsi

:ohmy: OMG GG you are my little clone! I can play pool either way too. When you write, do you tilt the paper instead of craning your hand around in that strange position most leftys use?

:lol: I DO!!!!!!

Galeongirl said:
A really vain and silly party trick you can use to liven up dull gatherings is to demonstrate your ability to write forwards with your left hand and backwards with your right hand at the same time. If you're truly ambidextrous you should be able to do this easily, although the penmanship won't be as good as usual from either hand. There's some fancy scientific explanation for why this works, but I can't remember right now what it is...anyhow, it's apparently one of those things people can either do from the first try or else they can't do it at all, like tongue-rolling or something.

Last edited:
I don't notice what "hand" people are, but do notice "sidedness". The term is not really relevant anywhere but gymnastics. Every person has a dominant side. Unlike ambidextrous writers, I've never met someone who doesn't have a dominant side. Your "sidedness" indicates how you will step out, which way you will twist, how you would fall, etc. Handedness has no significant relationship to sidedness. If your right handed, it doesn't mean you will be right sided, and the other way around. When you spot or coach, you have to constantly be aware of each child's sidedness, or serious injury could result. That's why I can't help but notice. :wink:

blueeyedgirl said:

And noone's commented on this yet??? :lol:

:shifty: as the brits say, Bono dresses to the right indeed...

yolland said:

A really vain and silly party trick you can use to liven up dull gatherings is to demonstrate your ability to write forwards with your left hand and backwards with your right hand at the same time. If you're truly ambidextrous you should be able to do this easily, although the penmanship won't be as good as usual from either hand. There's some fancy scientific explanation for why this works, but I can't remember right now what it is...anyhow, it's apparently one of those things people can either do from the first try or else they can't do it at all, like tongue-rolling or something.

wow, I've never tried that out before!!!

yolland said:

I'm a lefty but can write forward with my right and backward with my left at the same time, does that count :D

I can't believe I was actually sad enough to try it.

Actually I can do both, I've just tried - how mega sad is that LOL :lol: :p :rolleyes:

I can roll my tongue too :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom