Angry Bono!/Edge/Larry/Adam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and another larry one :

finger.jpg

oct_31st said:
and another larry one :

finger.jpg

OH MY GOD..that picture was taken here in PORTUGAl..oh my oh my..Lisbon video for Vertigo..lol..looks like something went wrong for Larry :)

I wished I would have been there to see that.

Edge is a very sweet man but when he feels he needs to "express" himself, he doesn't hold much back. :ohmy:

I'm just glad that he directed his "expression" to those who evidently deserved it: ebay collectors.

GO EDGE! ;)

No, I wasn't there. But from what I've read here, the guy had a stack of U2 lp's (as you can see in the picture) and Edge took them from the guy. He started yelling saying how he knew that the guy wanted to sell them on eBay.

Edgette said:
No, I wasn't there. But from what I've read here, the guy had a stack of U2 lp's (as you can see in the picture) and Edge took them from the guy. He started yelling saying how he knew that the guy wanted to sell them on eBay.

WOW!:ohmy: ..I mean how did Edge know that this guy(s) were E-bay collectors??...I mean If I approched U2 with LPs that I had say, found in a flea market or thrift shop and wanted them to sign my new found treasures would they think Im going to try to sell them???..Maybe Edge has seen this guy before??? I wonder if Edge kept the LPs???...

This guy I know (true fan) said that they (U2) can kind of spot autorgraph hounds/E-bay collectors..He witnessed an incident where Bono went off on this guy, really yelling and cursing at him
because Bono would see this guy all over the place and Bono kept ignoring him, He finally blew up when he saw the same guy again when Bono stepped out of a restaurant and just blew up! yelling and pointing and cursing...The guy I know ducked out of sight thinking he might get some of Bono's wrath, and this all happened a day b-4 I had my encounter with Bono, so I was a bit nervous..Bono was really sweet though/in great spirits......
None the less I can imagine it would have been quite a sight to have seen him blow up:|

Edgette said:
Edge yelling at the eBay collectors...

644c3426.jpg

e1b3a7c3.jpg

I think there's more with this set too...

:hyper: :hyper: I was there! I was there! That was in Seattle on April 25th. My first U2 concert. I was on the other side of the street, so I couldn't hear much, but Edge got over it really fast (or he just hid it really well). I remember hearing something like "Hey man!" but couldn't hear the rest (probably due to noise coming from pounding heart). By the time Edge got over to my side of the street he was in perfectly good spirits, he signed my stuff and everybody else's happily and talked to everyone. I think he had seen the guy before a few times, so knew he was just selling the stuff.

MrsDarcy said:
Not a happy chappy!
driveldotcalarry4.jpg

driveldotcalarry2.jpg

:eek: Wow! Larry can actually grow stubble! ...hot. LOL, sometimes I think that man is afraid of his own hair. He does look mighty pissed at something though.

^looks like poor Bono got shocked^

:bono: (singing) Electric Coooooooooh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
He looks more constipated than angry. Then again, if you were really constipated, you wouldn't be in that good a mood either. :shrug:

And angry Edge :lmao:
I know I shouldn't laugh, but it's just so funny! He get's all pointy (as in he points at everyone - not actually any more pointy than normal in terms of angles), and when he runs back and gives his guitar a little kick... :lol:

Bono looks like he's being electrocuted! I'm getting visions of Billy Crudup in Almost Famous.

BonoFox1 said:

WOW!:ohmy: ..I mean how did Edge know that this guy(s) were E-bay collectors??...I mean If I approched U2 with LPs that I had say, found in a flea market or thrift shop and wanted them to sign my new found treasures would they think Im going to try to sell them???..Maybe Edge has seen this guy before??? I wonder if Edge kept the LPs???...

This guy I know (true fan) said that they (U2) can kind of spot autorgraph hounds/E-bay collectors..He witnessed an incident where Bono went off on this guy, really yelling and cursing at him
because Bono would see this guy all over the place and Bono kept ignoring him, He finally blew up when he saw the same guy again when Bono stepped out of a restaurant and just blew up! yelling and pointing and cursing...The guy I know ducked out of sight thinking he might get some of Bono's wrath, and this all happened a day b-4 I had my encounter with Bono, so I was a bit nervous..Bono was really sweet though/in great spirits......
None the less I can imagine it would have been quite a sight to have seen him blow up:|

a friend of mine met Bono outside his hotel in London over the summer and she said there were autograph hounds there....B's minder directed him straight to the "proper" fans and he signed for them and spoke to them...being really nice....but he looked pissed off at times when the autograph hounds kept pushing at the fans........

i can uderstand why they get pissed off at people doing this because they are making money out of the band and ripping off their fans

i say go them for putting these people in their place!

Melanya said:

:hyper: :hyper: I was there! I was there! That was in Seattle on April 25th. My first U2 concert. I was on the other side of the street, so I couldn't hear much, but Edge got over it really fast (or he just hid it really well). I remember hearing something like "Hey man!" but couldn't hear the rest (probably due to noise coming from pounding heart). By the time Edge got over to my side of the street he was in perfectly good spirits, he signed my stuff and everybody else's happily and talked to everyone. I think he had seen the guy before a few times, so knew he was just selling the stuff.

I was there too :).

An Edge didn't really "yell", as in raise his voice, he was more stern. The ebay guy, however, was an absolute :censored:hole, a real jerk and nasty about it.

And you're right, after Edge said what he had to say to the guy, he went right back to signing stuff and chatting with people :).

YAY,,thanxs on the details...

and once again...one moer reason to realise how Edge is really the coolest of the guitar men world :p

Ya know, I wonder if that's the same guy I saw in Chicago last Spring! I remember someone saying he was an autograph-hound Ebay seller and the rest of us crowded him out! :lmao:

good! coz us fans go to great lengths sometimes to meet these guys...i am yet to meet them properly...so i certainly wont be letting any autograph seller get in my way, who sees them on a regular basis, and spoil my once in a lifetime opportunity!

the real fans come first.....so go you for pushing him out! :D

Oh yeah...I actually physically jumped in front of him and the other real fans followed! The girl I was hanging out with was 19 years old and in the mad rush, she missed out on getting her purse signed (it was shaped like a guitar)...we saw Bono again a few blocks over not long after that and I made sure she got in front and even called Bono's attention to her, and she got her purse signed. But the autograph hound Ebay seller didn't get diddly squat! :D

oh good! hehe!

they dont deserve it because all they are doing is making money out of the band and its not fair on them or the fans who actually appreciate getting to meet them.

its pathetic if they think this is a decent way to make money.....i would NEVER sell their autograph on ebay or anywhere....id be mad to!....and i wouldnt buy signed pics off the net either.....i would rather that i got the autograph myself as that has more sentimental value...and you know that its genuine....and thats priceless to me

same goes for concert tickets...the amount of touters working out there is ridiculous:mad:

Back
Top Bottom