angry Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bambu

The Fly
Hi,
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I just found a video of Bono getting very angry over a broken mic!
I'm sorry I can't post the link because I'm not allowed yet, but if you look on Youtube for "angry U2" it is the second one, a live version of the electric co in madrid on the vertigo tour.
maybe someone else can post it?!

mad1 said:
I can't access there these days :madspit:

however, for a moment I thought you may have meant the image of him pissed off at something in a 2nd version of Love Comes to Town.

his crew looked scared to feck!

hello Bambu :wave:

hi mad1!
your name fits the topic:wink:

I'm so sorry I can't post it but I think with 15 messages I can do it.

I was there that night, it was a very hot August night in Madrid and the mic had had some little problems previously and then it stopped working in the middle of the song and well, you see, Bono got angry with the crew cause he had to wait, it took him a little while to cool down again, but I have always thought he was also overacting because he knows Spanish people like these temperament crisis in artists. Anyway, he apologised with the crew a bit later and dedicated them a song.

Oh yeah, Bono and his temper.

I don't think I want to be in a room with him when he's getting really angry.

But somehow I can relate to him. I think I'd have overreacted like that as well in such a situation.

Marien said:
I was there that night, it was a very hot August night in Madrid and the mic had had some little problems previously and then it stopped working in the middle of the song and well, you see, Bono got angry with the crew cause he had to wait, it took him a little while to cool down again, but I have always thought he was also overacting because he knows Spanish people like these temperament crisis in artists. Anyway, he apologised with the crew a bit later and dedicated them a song.

Angry Bono...:drool:

Anyway, could you imagine being all hyped up in a song and then suddenly it stops....kind of breaks the momentum. Looks like he got it back rather quickly though.

Yeah, JC that must feel frustating, but the crowd was wonderful helping him and celebrating the incident as something original to be remembered, and we saw Bono, the charmer, as always.

That was fantastic! Thanks so much for the link. I thought it was hilarious when Bono starting beating his mic. Reminds me of how, I would like to bang my computer monitor, at work!

Wow! I've never seen that and don't remember hearing anything about it. I can see how that would have pissed Bono or any performer off. I remember there was trouble with the sound at the San Diego opening night of Vertigo but he wasn't banging microphones or throwing water around. :ohmy:

Fuck, that was awesome! I wish we could get more performances like those (specially on official dvds)! So powerfull, real and passionate! Ranks up there with Edge on Gone from the Elevation DVD! Rock n' roll is all about being pissed off and uncontrolled and it suits that song so well! I love angry Boo!

TheBrazilianFly said:
Fuck, that was awesome! I wish we could get more performances like those (specially on official dvds)! So powerfull, real and passionate! Ranks up there with Edge on Gone from the Elevation DVD! Rock n' roll is all about being pissed off and uncontrolled and it suits that song so well! I love angry Boo!

Amen!!! :rockon: :yes:

heehee...angry BOO. :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom