Angry Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chickadee

New Yorker
My friend is looking for a pic of Angry Bono (I have no idea why). Can anyone oblige? I seem to not have any appropriate ones!

:grumpy:
grumpy8ax.jpg
:grumpy:

He was pretty damn pissed when ice was thrown at his head on the Boston DVD. I don't really feel like making stills, though.

That was ice? I thought it was something else, like a bottle cap or some shit...

That was a funny Bono response though. LOL. :lmao:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
He was pretty damn pissed when ice was thrown at his head on the Boston DVD. I don't really feel like making stills, though.

During which song did this happen? Elevation Boston?

FungusAmongus said:
That was ice? I thought it was something else, like a bottle cap or some shit...

That was a funny Bono response though. LOL. :lmao:
:ohmy: where? what did he say? :ohmy:

I believe what you're talking about happened right as Sunday Bloody Sunday started on the Boston Elevation DVD. Someone threw something at Bono and then he did some finger thing which i hear is the equivalent of giving someone the finger...I live in America so I guess it's some European thing?:scratch:

i think he gave him 2 fingers

like such...

bono_finger.jpg

it is in fact a very european thing that dates back to some century somewhere when the french were fighting the english. if the french ever captured an archer they would cut off the 2 first fingers so that they couldnt pull the bow back anymore.
so the english used to taunt the french by putting 2 fingers up at them to say "ha ha you haven't got me yet"

at least i think thats the story or the basis of it at least.
although that said, i did read somewhere that this was all in fact a myth as well but no one has any better explanation for where it comes from.

basically it means "up yours...." or the equally polite :censored: you

Last edited:
What about his tirade on Rattle and Hum when he says "Am I buggin' you, dont meanta bug ya..." Before that he's talking about Fuck the revolution... he seemed kinda angry then. Sorry can't make screen caps.

Yeah she wanted something along the line of the 'fuck the revolution' angriness! I just wondered if there was others but I'll make caps for her! The Boston DVD is funny, when he gives the guy the two fingers!

digsy said:
i think he gave him 2 fingers

it is in fact a very european thing that dates back to some century somewhere when the french were fighting the english. if the french ever captured an archer they would cut off the 2 first fingers so that they couldnt pull the bow back anymore.
so the english used to taunt the french by putting 2 fingers up at them to say "ha ha you haven't got me yet"

at least i think thats the story or the basis of it at least.
although that said, i did read somewhere that this was all in fact a myth as well but no one has any better explanation for where it comes from.

It is an Urban Legend. http://www.snopes.com/language/apocryph/pluckyew.htm

Sue DeNym said:

Interesting site, thank you. Whilst we're on the subject of what the two finger gesture means, did you know that the word f**k is supposed to be English and come from the middle ages when, once married, ppl were allowed to 'do it'. They used to put the word on the front doors of the ppl who were at it.. Apparently the letters stand for Fornication Under the Concent of the King...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dunno if this is exactly true but I read it in a book..

Sorry, back to the topic: More pictures of R&H B saying "F**k the revolution..", please..:drool: :drool:

youvedonewhat said:

Interesting site, thank you. Whilst we're on the subject of what the two finger gesture means, did you know that the word f**k is supposed to be English and come from the middle ages when, once married, ppl were allowed to 'do it'. They used to put the word on the front doors of the ppl who were at it.. Apparently the letters stand for Fornication Under the Concent of the King...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dunno if this is exactly true but I read it in a book..

Sorry, back to the topic: More pictures of R&H B saying "F**k the revolution..", please..:drool: :drool:

it's true about the f**k thing...I learned it in psychology today :lol:

Ye, I never understood that gesture he made there :huh: At least now I know at least a bit of what it is...:) but what was it that was thrown at him?? Pretty upsetting guy :huh:

Any angrier pics?? hehe :D

Max_theHitman said:
I don´t think Bono ever gets angry.
He always just looks like he´s gonna bite you, or mug you! :eyebrow:

bono084.jpg

I wouldn't mind getting one of those looks:drool:

youvedonewhat said:

Another Urban Legend. Here's the link for that one.

I've seen Bono get quite angry when they're playing SBS, he starts complaining about romantic Irish-Americans who give money to the IRA.

Back
Top Bottom