Angry Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lemon Grrrrrl said:
hissyfit.gif

I was looking or this clip I LOVE IT!!:drool:

dont know what upset him like that but WOW :combust:

This may have been mentioned, but he looks pretty angry in this month's U2 calendar picture! :giggle:

Bono has mentioned in many of his early interviews that one reason that he came to admire people like Gandhi and Dr. King so much was their "nonviolent pacifism".

Bono would go on and say that he admired them because he wanted to be more like them - and he felt at the time that he wasn't enough like them.

So, even though I'm sure that he has mellowed out a lot, from time to time you can see streaks of Bono's anger, although nowadays he keeps most of his anger for dodgy politicians. :up:

Interesting thread. :yes:

TheBrazilianFly said:

Wow, I had never seen this before and I love angry Bono! Can someone please explain me what happened in that moment? Is it on youtube?
Unfortunately I don't remember what was happening at the time in that gif, I just saved it. :reject:

I KNOW he was angry in this photo, because I'm the one who took it and after I snapped it he was none too pleased. I feel bad about taking it. :( They'd just finished UTEOTW and the lights went out and he was just trying to grab a sip of water, and here comes dopey LG with her stupid camera shoved in the poor guy's face. :reject:
349%3B8%3C345%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D32327875%3B%3A955nu0mrj

I'm working on finding the one I have where he flips the bird. He's not angry in it though.

Vincent Vega said:

So you tell people something that is not really true as a true story, although you know better?

Might be a cool story, but could you at least indicate that it's rather a myth than true?

well if you go back and read my 2 year old post again (slightly pathetic that you decide to be arsey about it now) you'll see that I also wrote:

"at least i think thats the story or the basis of it at least.
although that said, i did read somewhere that this was all in fact a myth as well but no one has any better explanation for where it comes from."

so next time, try read a post properly before getting your panties in a knot and your head all stuck up your arse about it!

Just on the 2 finger salute...

It means "up yours", but is not as strong as the one middle finger.

Where as the 1 finger "bird" is stationary, the 2 finger is sort of thrust upwards...

It's palm in for "up yours" and palm out for peace

We always got a kick out of seeing American politicians doing the 'v' sign with the palm in.. hehe it looks rude to us.

It's up there with saying "we're rooting for ya" and anything to do with "fanny" for butt. especially "fanny pack." yikes. These words have different meanings outside the US ;)

If that's the worst he's done in 30 years of touring (along with the Mining Hill "stop whistling" incident and "one more s--- out of you and you're out of here" from Osaka)...that's pretty good.

What's not mentioned is that he apologised to the fan later. He was overboard but I feel he had a point.

digsy said:

well if you go back and read my 2 year old post again (slightly pathetic that you decide to be arsey about it now) you'll see that I also wrote:

"at least i think thats the story or the basis of it at least.
although that said, i did read somewhere that this was all in fact a myth as well but no one has any better explanation for where it comes from."

so next time, try read a post properly before getting your panties in a knot and your head all stuck up your arse about it!

I didn't take a look at the post date, so I thought it was a new one.

I'm sorry.

And it wasn't meant to be arsey, anyways. I just didn't see the other sentence. :reject:
Should have been more carful reading the stuff. My bad.

:lmao: OMG that's a brilliant picture! damn that watermark I cannot remove!

:shh: he looks like somebody just told him that Ali deflated and threw away ALL his beachballs!

Galeongirl said:
:lmao: OMG that's a brilliant picture! damn that watermark I cannot remove!

:shh: he looks like somebody just told him that Ali deflated and threw away ALL his beachballs!

OMG! Too funny!!! haha! Poor fella....

Looks like a good argument at least. Look at Guggi's face.
Hasn't he said, never start an arguement you can't win....
I think he WON! haha!!

Back
Top Bottom