Angry Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
12-05-2003.jpg

:angry:??

LightMyWay60 said:
I believe what you're talking about happened right as Sunday Bloody Sunday started on the Boston Elevation DVD. Someone threw something at Bono and then he did some finger thing which i hear is the equivalent of giving someone the finger...I live in America so I guess it's some European thing?:scratch:

That's from England..... I did not know it either before my girlfriend did it to me...... haha.... and I'm not far from England!

dietcokeofevil said:
I am a fan... but fuck Bono for that tirade.

I don't know.

I guess it's not good, but it's not THAT bad. It just this man's temper, and this is not the first time we saw it, if anyone remember the famous spring hill mining disaster performance, featuring the infamous "we are not beatles..." rant? I guess if he wasn't that into the performance, most of the fans gonna complain that U2 just ripped them off and all fake now?

I got mad if I was fully concentrate on doing my work and someone disturbed me, we just normal people, so does he.

Be nice to the guys and don't use double standards, that's all I want to say.

in that you tube clip looks like he says "put down that f ing phone while he is in the middle of the sunday bloody sunday "NO MORE" bit?? which is a really moving part of the show.. no wonder he was annoyed.

Has anybody mentioned the 'when love comes to town' clip, not the R&H one but the actual video for the single, there is a bit where Bono kicks a door open in anger backstage.
???

Yeah, i know, i should get out more....

gluey said:
^^ If you call that a tirade, then maybe you've never seen a real one :giggle:

Yeah...I guess it wasn't an Axl Rose moment but still. Bono keeps giving the haters material. I have a hard time arguing against the pompous bastard accusations after that clip.

dietcokeofevil said:

Yeah...I guess it wasn't an Axl Rose moment but still. Bono keeps giving the haters material. I have a hard time arguing against the pompous bastard accusations after that clip.
Yes, because you never get angry on anybody or are in a really bad mood and happen to let it out on someone else, unfairly or not?
As far as I know B apologized to the guy.

I am not saying it's okay, anybody can be an ass from time to time, including him.
I don't get why some people always have to bring up single incidents to point out what a jerk they think he is.
I am sure other rock stars are doing worse things on a regular basis.

If you never have any rants or lose self-control I congratulate you on your endless calmness and composure.

The regular hourly wage Joe loses his job for a temper tantrum.

The Billionaire rock star not only loses his temper, but publicly humiliates and singles out someone in front of thousands. ...Because rock stars get stressed out too after all.

Yeah, I lose my temper. And I get called out for it every time.

dietcokeofevil said:
The regular hourly wage Joe loses his job for a temper tantrum.

The Billionaire rock star not only loses his temper, but publicly humiliates and singles out someone in front of thousands. ...Because rock stars get stressed out too after all.

Yeah, I lose my temper. And I get called out for it every time.
Yes, me too, and I haven't lost my job so far. I don't like to bottle up my emotions or always take shit from people.
The rock star-regular guy comparisons are really getting tired.
Bono is only human and makes mistakes, and he apologized for it.

...Are they getting tired? They would get tired a lot faster if Bono didn't try to feign humility so much.

OK, let's just agree that Bono was an ass at this concert and that it's not okay to act like that. He made a mistake. No one says he's perfect.
But it should not be an excuse for some people to constantly disrespect the man.

Angry Bono is a dangerous subject.
Seems like he isn't allowed to be angry at all in his position.

:rolleyes:

dietcokeofevil said:
...Are they getting tired? They would get tired a lot faster if Bono didn't try to feign humility so much.

I don't understand your point.

If you mean that Bono should have lost his job because he showed his temper on stage, you could have done that. Just don't go to the U2 concert, don't buy anything from U2, then he's no longer working for you. It's your freedom.

But if you want to bash some one for being angry, I wanted to know if you ever got angry some time?:huh:

Just as I said before, please don't apply double standards to yourself and the others.

last unicorn said:
OK, let's just agree that Bono was an ass at this concert and that it's not okay to act like that. He made a mistake. No one says he's perfect.
But it should not be an excuse for some people to constantly disrespect the man.

Angry Bono is a dangerous subject.
Seems like he isn't allowed to be angry at all in his position.

:rolleyes:

Only if the fan has heart narrower than a matchbox.

BonoFox1 said:

He looks confused not angry ::confused:

No I didn't mean he looked angry in that picture. WildHoney had originally posted a smaller version of the pic saying "he doesn't look too happy in these either". I just posted a larger size of the pic and agreed with her that yes he wasn't very happy that day. (It was 11-25-05)
Sorry for the confusion!

This was why he's unhappy in those pics
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/story/2005/11/25/bono-martin-051125.html

Back
Top Bottom