Angry Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep my hubby is from Dublin and he does the two fingers thing all the time. We do it to each other when we're being silly, like when one of us is driving away instead of waving we do the two fingers. Essentially the same as the middle finger as someone already said.
Not sure about the origin though.

The other thing hubby and I always say that is very Irish is:
Me- "Cheers, big ears!"
To which hubby replies- "Up yours noddy" and gives me the old 2 fingert salute as I call it! Bono and the guys would DEFINITELY know what "up yours noddy" means.

Queen Bee said:
:grumpy:
grumpy8ax.jpg
:grumpy:

he just looks deep in thought, pondering... LOL.

i love it! :lmao:

Could someone explain the difference between a peace sign and the "up yours" gesture? It looked to me like Bono flashed a peace sign after the ice hit him.

the peace sign is with your palm facing out.
the two fingers (up yours) comes more from below and you flash two fingers with your palm facing yourself and the back of your hand facing out.
i'm not sure if i am explaining that very well....

Would someone be kind enough to make a youtube out of the above gif? thank you so much!

ps more angry Bono pics wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:
CMM said:
Val, that's just the Wild Horses video.
I'm sure it's over there somewheres.

yes, but I just want the part in the gif. Or perhaps a second before and after included. I don't know how to do that.

Oh, and the yelling Bono at MSG....I was there and it was something. I still think Bono did it to shake up the crowd.

Last edited:
digsy said:

yeah thats what i had read earlier about it being a myth
personally i still think its a cool story though and untill someone has a better one i'll stick with it!

So you tell people something that is not really true as a true story, although you know better?

Might be a cool story, but could you at least indicate that it's rather a myth than true?

Last edited:
youvedonewhat said:

Interesting site, thank you. Whilst we're on the subject of what the two finger gesture means, did you know that the word f**k is supposed to be English and come from the middle ages when, once married, ppl were allowed to 'do it'. They used to put the word on the front doors of the ppl who were at it.. Apparently the letters stand for Fornication Under the Concent of the King...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dunno if this is exactly true but I read it in a book..

Sorry, back to the topic: More pictures of R&H B saying "F**k the revolution..", please..:drool: :drool:

When I was in school we were told it was from some period when people were made to wear signs with their crimes on them and F**K was supposed to stand for "For Use of Carnal Knowledge". Maybe the story changes every generation?

Dana

Bonos always yelling at the crowd to get everyone aroused! :giggle:

During Elevation, it was the beginning of Sunday Bloody Sunday where he was hit with the ice and the 2 finger gesture came out! :huh:

woud someone be kind enough to tell me either how to copy Mrs Darcy's gif or how to make my own. Thank you very much!

I thought that was the "Irish V-sign"?

For like Victory over the English???

That's what I learned in an Irish history book, anyhow.

The 2 finger gesture is as strong here as it is in Ireland and the UK....probably because we're part of the commonwealth?? I knew that one before I learnt the 'bird'.... :D

Val said:
woud someone be kind enough to tell me either how to copy Mrs Darcy's gif or how to make my own. Thank you very much!

I have a gif of it without the lettering on there.... not sure if that helps you at all.

WGRYWHBono.gif

How do I copy it? When I I try to copy it like I do a pic, it copies it as numerous frames.

I'm on a Mac.

My daughter has a Mac. She said to press Ctrl and Option down as you click, and then choose Save Image As.

Does that work?

Last edited:
it saves it as a still with a drawer that has multiple stills that together would form the gif if it was in motion. :(

thanks anyway, Bonocomet.

It sounds like it's opening with preview, Macs do that automatically. Open it with Safari or Internet Explorer, whatever you use for internet. (Control click, and choose Open with... Safari...etc...)

I figured out how to make it play on Preview. thanks for your guidance, Bonocomet. It's always nice to converse with you and reassuring to know you're out there in U2 space.

Back
Top Bottom