Angel in Sacramento

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No kidding...all bets are off.

(summons her best Mary Katherine Gallagher impression)

My feelings are best expressed in the monolouge from Ed Rooney in the movie titled Ferris Bueller's Day Off made in 1896:

" Les jeux sont faits. Translation: the game is up. Your ass is mine."

:wink:

Congrats angel :)

One bit of advice for those hoping to get onstage- I've seen a lot of concerts, and Bono does NOT like those who are pushy or seem to expect to get pulled up. At one show I was at, there was this beautiful blonde right at the tip of the heart with a dozen red roses in her hands, a flashing heart necklace on, and a sleeveless, braless, lace teddy tee that read "Angel of Bono"- every time he came her way, she got this seductive look on her face and held up her boquet like she totally expected him to grab her as irresistible. He never even looked at her twice. One more thing Bono ignores is "HUG ME" or "KISS ME" signs. I guess there are too many, or he thinks it's presumptuous or something. Oh, and he avoids people who jump up and down and shove signs or gifts in his face. The girls I have seen pulled up were chosed by Bono, not the other way around.

Maybe it was because she was blonde! :sexywink: Another reason I am excited to have recently become a sultry brunette.

But seriously I agree...Bono does seem to be careful to pick a girl that isn't going to freak once she gets onstage. I've read somewhere about how Bono used to have to whisper in the girls ears to calm down...

Ok, I'm getting too worked up thinking about Bono whispering anything in my ear....:combust: COLD SHOWER TIME!

That reminds me of the U2 at the End of the World book where Flanagan relates a story about some young woman pushing her chest at Bono obviously thinking he would be impressed. Flanagan says he got borderline rude with her (at least that's how I remember it, it's been a while) I loved that story.

I put together this whole scheme a long time ago about how bono feels he has to win everyone over and if i just act like Im not totally impressed with him he might want to get me up there just to win my heart!
:lol:
it sounded totally good at the time until i realized that i couldnt help but look at him like hed just fallen from the sky

Thats such a cool story Alli! He looks very pleased to have his arse grabbed. :D

And as for the whole getting on stage thing...

U2Kitten said:
Oh, and he avoids people who jump up and down and shove signs or gifts in his face. The girls I have seen pulled up were chosed by Bono, not the other way around.

I think its more about being in the right place at the right time. You could try really hard and have a sign or a flower and you will get pulled up or you could not do anything at all and you will get pulled up anyway. Its all about what Bono feels like that night and what kind of girl he fancies bringing on stage and what kind of show he wants it to be. :)

U2Kitten said:
Congrats angel :)

One bit of advice for those hoping to get onstage- I've seen a lot of concerts, and Bono does NOT like those who are pushy or seem to expect to get pulled up. At one show I was at, there was this beautiful blonde right at the tip of the heart with a dozen red roses in her hands, a flashing heart necklace on, and a sleeveless, braless, lace teddy tee that read "Angel of Bono"- every time he came her way, she got this seductive look on her face and held up her boquet like she totally expected him to grab her as irresistible. He never even looked at her twice. One more thing Bono ignores is "HUG ME" or "KISS ME" signs. I guess there are too many, or he thinks it's presumptuous or something. Oh, and he avoids people who jump up and down and shove signs or gifts in his face. The girls I have seen pulled up were chosed by Bono, not the other way around.

I guess that's what happened to me...kinda. When Bono kneeled down in front of me and signaled for me to go onstage, I was doing anything. I was just singing quietly to myself and then bam! He points at me and tells the security guy to pull me out of the crowd.

But everybody knows that when I was about to get onstage, this girl jumped the barrier and grabbed Bono's arm and got onstage before me. :huh:

u2bonogirl said:
I put together this whole scheme a long time ago about how bono feels he has to win everyone over and if i just act like Im not totally impressed with him he might want to get me up there just to win my heart!
:lol:
it sounded totally good at the time until i realized that i couldnt help but look at him like hed just fallen from the sky

haha yeah you'd have to be an amzing actor to pull that off. :laugh:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

But everybody knows that when I was about to get onstage, this girl jumped the barrier and grabbed Bono's arm and got onstage before me. :huh:

What an F'ing bitchmonster! I would have jumped over the barrier right after her, grabbed her by the ankle and kicked her ass. Unbecoming or not....there's no way I'd stand for that. :angry: I've never heard that story before.

starsgoblue said:

What an F'ing bitchmonster! I would have jumped over the barrier right after her, grabbed her by the ankle and kicked her ass. Unbecoming or not....there's no way I'd stand for that. :angry: I've never heard that story before.

I posted aaaaaages ago, when I fist started posting here. I'll look for it and re post it.

Well, i can't find the thread where I posted my story because I'm not a premium member anymore.

If somebody can search the archives, maybe the could re post it?

Thanks! :D

Wow. Great story Alli!

as i see it on the pictures ... Bono was enjoying the dance just as much as you!!! :hyper: ....you grabbed his bum :lol: thas's so cool.

:applaud: WELL DONE GIRL!!

Last edited:
Great going Alli!!! I'd love to see someone with some nerve run around the back of the stage and grab Larry from behind (that would take guts), or run to the side and grab Adam or Edge. We don't want to leave them out now do we?

U2FloridaFan said:
Great going Alli!!! I'd love to see someone with some nerve run around the back of the stage and grab Larry from behind (that would take guts), or run to the side and grab Adam or Edge. We don't want to leave them out now do we?

I don't know. I don't think Larry would be too thrilled if something like that happened. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom