And There Won't Be Snow In Africa This Christmas Time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
It's Christmas time, there's no need to be afraid

3395366323232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2326%3D86%3B%3D52%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323484%3B6%3B8%3C4ot1lsi

At Christmas time we let in light and we banish shade

3395366323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2326%3D86%3B%3D52%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323484%3B674%3B%3Bot1lsi

Please add on yours :) And if anyone has the pics Bono took in Ethiopia, those would be nice to add as well

Where can I find the lyrics of this? I have heard it many times but don't know the exact words. I have lots of good pics and I want to contribute.

ah, ok, now that they've loaded and I can SEE them: the Oprah ones were obviously on Oprah, and I've assumed that they were Bono's. The other's are the one's I don't know where they came from, but my intuition tells me they are also his.

It's Christmas time
There's no need to be afraid
At Christmas time
We let in light and we banish shade
And in our world of plenty
We can spread a smile of joy
Throw your arms around the world
At Christmas time

But say a prayer
Pray for the other ones
At Christmas time it's hard
But when you're having fun
There's a world outside your window
And it's a world of dread and fear
Where the only water flowing
Is the bitter sting of tears
And the Christmas bells that ring
There are the clanging chimes of doom
Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you

Feed the world
Let them know it's Christmas time
Feed the world
Do they know it's Christmas time at all?

And there won't be snow in Africa
This Christmas time
The greatest gift they'll get this year is life
Where nothing ever grows
No rain nor rivers flow

Feed the world
Feed the world
Let them know it's Christmas time again

(Here's to you) raise a glass for everyone
(Here's to them) underneath that burning sun

Feed the world

That's all I have uploaded....from THAT particular trip! But I won't post anymore today. This one is my favorite, and probably my favorite Bono magazine cover too:

3365637523232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2326%3D933%3D72%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E232336665674%3Aot1lsi

Last edited:
After watching Oprah's special on her trip last year to South Africa, I had an urge to view some pictures from Bono's trips to Africa. Pleasantly surprised by this thread. :up:

:bow: Thank you *so* much for posting those pictures, LivLuvAndBootlegMusic. I haven't seen a majority of them in a long time.

Also: I :heart: this thread.

:cute:

some news photos

The greatest gift they'll get this year is life

capt.ny42412162040.ye_world_in_2003_ny424.jpg

Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you

capt.sge.kff89.011203161052.photo00.default-390x260.jpg

But say a prayer, to pray for the other ones

r969638426.jpg

Where the only water flowing is the bitter sting of tears

capt.sge.iro49.261103114559.photo00.default-384x244.jpg

Do they know it's Christmas time at all

r3296584081.jpg

awww, MrsSpringsteen, those are so sad :( (but the babies are cute!) This thread is making me think about the possible three week trip to help in an AIDS clinic in Uganda next winter. It's not 100% decided yet, but I'm still excited and kind of scared at the same time. I've never been out of this country really, or even on a plane.....

One of the seniors at the senior citizen recreation center where I work talked to me about this today. She's 70 and she is really concerned about what is going on regarding AIDS in Africa. She saw Oprah's show about South Africa and admires Bono's work as well. It's like Bono said, the mothers and the grandmothers are the ones that are concered too :)

She wants me to give her more information on DATA :up:

Last edited:
I had several phone calls yesterday to ask me if I was watching Oprah, while I was trying to watch it. I missed it the first time because of work but I put links to Africare, the African Well Fund and DATA and Oprahs Angels on the bulletin board at work. Someone must have seen it since a couple of the people who called have never called me before. LivLuvandBootlegMusic and Ms Springstein, kellyahern, the pics are just awesome :up: so much love here :heart:

Back
Top Bottom