....and justice for all??!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

*Stormy*

I can't believe that entire threads were created soley for the purpose of attempting to annoy, tick off and/or hurt me, and nothing was done to stop this. As if the 'envelope' thread weren't ignorant and outrageous enough, another one, the 'SC gang explained' one had to be made, dragging the whole sordid story back up as if someone thought it was very cool and wanted to get another kick out of it. The claim of wanting the thread closed before it became a bashfest was meant to look noble, it was a bashfest in itself, and was actually just someone's way of getting the last word, and laughing about it.

You know, when I was 5 years old, I lived on a street with other little kids who thought it was very funny to find something I didn't like and shove it in my face just to get a reaction out of me so they could laugh and snicker and feel really cool! They found out I was terrified of poison ivy, so they giggled with pleasure as they threw me in it, and while I was down, pelted me with bricks. They would even take leaves of any type and put them on my head and down my dress and yell 'poison ivy!' If they found out something else I didn't like, like monkeys, they would be sure to stick a toy one or a picture of one in my face, laughing with wicked delight, or just making monkey noises at me. When I cried, they called me cry baby, and made up a song about it, and sang it to me every time they saw me, whether or not I was crying. They got such a charge out of picking on me! That was the lowest, most pitiful display of bully-ism I had ever seen- until now. This tops it all. Still, I am honestly sorry for anyone who finds such behavoir entertaining, because a mean streak and taking joy in other's torture has got to be some type of mental problem.

What I can't understand is that those in charge have allowed this to happen. Personal biases should not interfere with justice. Here's an example:

Say the Redskins were playing the Cowboys down in Dallas. One of the Redskins makes an illegal chop-block on a Cowboy. But instead of just penalizing the Redskins 15 yards and going on, say that official, because he likes the Cowboys and hates the Redskins, and knows that the majority of the crowd is in favor of the Cowboys, allows, even invites, all the other Cowboys to attack the Redskin player and beat the crap out of him while the crowd cheers! Not only does this official do nothing to stop it, he sits there and laughs! No matter how much he is biased toward one team, right is right and wrong is wrong, and certain standards of ethics, morals, and common decency should be adhered to. If not, why even have rules?

This is clearly stated in the Interference.com rules:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Apparently, this does not apply to everyone, and those the mod thinks are funny and cool are exempt. The thread(s) in my 'honor' are very hateful, abusive and harassing. But, it's only Stormy, so nothing is done. (The SC seems to be attempting to be threatening and invasive of another person's privacy, even if it is a joke, you people are weird, and if I was U2 I would run from you. Really.) Whatever I you think I may have done, I have been more than penalized for it, and the punishment far outweighs the 'crime.' Now, onto the sexually oriented thing. Okay, I read on another thread that the little girl Chelsy, though she may be annoying and calls U2 old (grrrr) brings up her disgust at some very sexually explicit comments, and is criticized for it. Not only that, the bullies came out in force to repost said sexually expicit material just to annoy her. She finally shut up and left. I suppose the dirty stuff was okay, though against the rules, because the 'cool' people thought it was funny, and the 'uncool' didn't. One more thing- the 'oodlepoodle' thread, which was pure spam, OT and just plain worthless, yet it was allowed to remain. I have come to the conclusion that the rules need to be re-written to say what is actually the case here on this forum:

NEW official forum rules

1. It's not what you know, it's who you know.
2. It's not what you say, but who you said it to.
3. It's not what you did, but who you did it to. You are not allowed to speak unfavorably against certain people, but if it's someone no one likes, then it's funny and cool so go ahead, it's open season, he he he!
4. If you are considered funny and cool, you are above the rules.
5. If you are not considered funny and cool, every move you make is wrong, though your comments may not be nearly as bad as those exalted 'funny and cool' people.

There should be justice for ALL or there is no justice at all.

Yes, I make this post knowing it will be my last, but I have had enough of your abuse anyway. I only want those who think this is a 'friendly family atmosphere' here to be warned and know the other side, lest next time it happen to you.

------------------
"I absolutely DESPISE bullies. I always have." -Bono

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 05-06-2002).]

I didn't see any harassment. I think some people are just too sensitive and take this forum way too seriously. Writing a thread bashing those who are lucky enough to go to Ireland over the summer was very immature, and showed your jealousy. So what if they decide to hang around the studio all day? If the band doesn't want them there, they'll do something about it.

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

I just want to say that if you need to say something, you should ALWAYS let it out. And that is what I'm doing now.

I believe you *Stormy* had the right (as anyone here) to post whatever you felt you needed to post. If a person dislikes what you wrote/think, well they also have the right to reply to your post and write their reasons, but, only when they do it on a respective way. And most importantly, they also have the chance to IGNORE what you wrote.

(((*Stormy*)))

Originally posted by Ana:
I just want to say that if you need to say something, you should ALWAYS let it out. And that is what I'm doing now.

I believe you *Stormy* had the right (as anyone here) to post whatever you felt you needed to post. If a person dislikes what you wrote/think, well they also have the right to reply to your post and write their reasons, but, only when they do it on a respective way. And most importantly, they also have the chance to IGNORE what you wrote.

(((*Stormy*)))

Well said Ana.

All these recent unpleasantnesses have caused my faith in humanity to take some serious blows. And I'm not just talking about one person here. I'm sorry I ever asked what the SC was. Ack, I think it was better when I thought it was stunt c***.

------------------
I've seen his baby blue eyes in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend~~~~

I think there's too much drama in this place sometimes.

*should go back to an old signature of mine that some may remember*

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

I'm still not entirely convinced that that Chelsy person was really a thirteen year old girl. I hadn't seen her on here before, but it seemed like all she came here to do was BASH U2. At least Sicy took care of that problem...

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Originally posted by Bonochick:

Amen! There was no need for all of this. In my opinion Stormy, you are just dragging this out.

You have a Bono Quote in your signature, here's another one:

"To let it go, and soon fade away..."

I'm not suggesting that you "fade away," I'm merely saying, let the anger go...it's only hurting yourself.

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

*should go back to an old signature of mine that some may remember*

I do remember it!
biggrin.gif

btw: What does FOB means?

Originally posted by wertsie:
I'm still not entirely convinced that that Chelsy person was really a thirteen year old girl. I hadn't seen her on here before, but it seemed like all she came here to do was BASH U2. At least Sicy took care of that problem...

Chelsy is, well, not exactly the loveliest person here. Or WAS here. She was here back in March -- http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum7/HTML/004535.html She then caused trouble here again yesterday.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
I can't believe that entire threads were created soley for the purpose of attempting to annoy, tick off and/or hurt me, and nothing was done to stop this.

What I can't understand is that those in charge have allowed this to happen.

What the hell do you want Stormy?
I closed the thread.. is that not enough?
When are you just going to go away?

------------------
Sexy poshin' sugar snarlin' rock and roll ...

My Lair

I'm sorry you feel this way, Stormy. You do have a right to post your opinion, even if we all disagree with you. But if your going to make insulting and harassing posts directed towards others (Marina) you have to realize that your going to get the same thing back. I personally don't like abuse going either way, but I really don't think you have a right to complain in this case. It was YOU who started the abuse here. Why is it so shocking that people want to throw it back in your face? Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

But like hippy said, just let it go. This is solving nothing.

Originally posted by Sicy:
I prefer F*ck Off B*tch.

Hahaha...that's what I was thinking
wink.gif

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

stormy~
as evident by my sig, i was one of the few who started this whole sc thing. i was angry that you would bash someone who i knew as a sweet person. i read some things that you had written, and i was angry. i admit that what i did was perhaps mean, but i didn't mean it that way. what i meant to do was joke. i realize that now you're going to jump all over me and say that jokes against other people aren't funny, etc. that's not what i mean either. WE WERE SIMPLY REACTING TO YOUR HARSH WORDS THE BEST WAY WE KNEW HOW. we never said your name, and we didn't mean for you to be so upset. i'm truly sorry now that i posted the mean things, but you were just as mean to me. you stated that all we were doing was acting like high schoolers pumped up on hormones, and claiming to be a family atmosphere. uh...I AM A HIGH SCHOOLER. i retain the right to act like a hormonal teenager because i am one!!! and we aren't a family atmosphere. that's why you have to be 13 to be on this board. we were merely trying to lighten up all these arguements, and make peace through laughter. perhaps we chose a false path, but like i said earlier, i am sorry. i'm going to stop rambling on now, but i think that you should keep one thing in mind. as ridiculous as you think we are acting, you appear just a ridiculous to us. that's not meant to be mean spirited...it's just the truth.

a "stalking, immature, hormonal, and apparently mentally challenged" u2 fan, laura.

------------------
Official Town Crier of Willyville

Official Member of SC

Originally posted by Stories for Boys:
we never said your name, and we didn't mean for you to be so upset

I do not know your motives, nor do I intend to. But just a little bit of information, you don't need to say someone's name in order to hurt them. Just implying is enough. Oh and Madonna's child (!), you are the voice of reason. I agree with every single word you said in that post.

[
i admit that what i did was perhaps mean, but i didn't mean it that way. what i meant to do was joke.

Ehm. You admit that what you did was mean. But you didn't intend for it to be mean- just a joke. That's what you stated, or am I interpretting this wrong?

When you did what you did (create the circle), you wanted it to be a joke and not mean. Yet you admit that it truly was mean. So why did you do it in the first place? If you know something's mean, and you don't want to be mean... why did you do it, knowing inside that it indeed was cruel?

Just wondering... It's just my curiousity, and you're free not to answer any of the questions I asked.
wink.gif

------------------
i'm too busy to see you
you're too busy to wait

stormy~
as evident by my sig
I'd appreciate it if you (and if others have it they too) would remove that from your sig

this place gets messy enough without little games like that being played

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Stormy, I am genuinely sorry that what has been happening here has hurt you so much. I'm also sorry for others who were hurt by the things you said. But you need to stop taking it so seriously, please, for your own good. It's just a forum. Sometimes it's clique-y, sometimes it's immature, but it's almost always a lot of fun, if you want it to be. Which is all it's really meant to be. If you're not having fun, you should leave. I'm not saying that to be cruel, but it just seems like common sense to me.

Now, could we please move on? Could this please be the last thread dealing with these issues? Because that would be great.

------------------
I used to think
As birds take wing
They sing through life so why can't we?

?Poetry doesn?t belong to those who write it; it belongs to those who need it.?

*throws hands up in the air* I give up. I'm sick of having to explain myself...I'm especially sick of taking the time the time to explain and having my words twisted to suit your needs. If you're ever in need of a job apply to work at a tabloid, you definately have the skills. What can I say please continue talking behind my back to other members of this forum, which is the epidimy of childish behavior. If you have as much problem as you claim to have with me the adult thing to do would be to contact me and sort it out. The thing that still amazes me it that you started this whole thing and now you want to play the victim. If you're a victim of anything it's of your own doings.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Now, could we please move on? Could this please be the last thread dealing with these issues? Because that would be great.

I second that!

------------------
Lord Caversham: Why don't you try to do something useful in life?
Lord Goring: I am far too young.
Lord Caversham: I hate this affectation of youth, sir. It is a great deal too prevalent nowadays.
Lord Goring: Youth isn't affectation. Youth is an art.

My PLEBA sisters, this needs to stop before we all end up turning on each other. Maybe we could all agree that this situation should not be discussed any further on a public forum and any personal resentments we may have should be handled by email or IM. Maybe you'll all tell me to shut up, I don't know, but this thing has taken on a life of its own and if we just agree to let it go, maybe it will die from lack of interest. I don't think there's anything new that can be said anyway, we've all expressed ourselves pretty clearly I think.

Lets bring back the PLEBA love, please?

Originally posted by Sicy:
After all you reap what you sow.

Good point Sicy.

Stormy, I am sorry you feel so violated in this forum, I truly am. But you want to know something? You are not the only victim around here. I have had wose done to me than leaves getting stuck down my back. Want to know? Well, my sophomore year I dated a guy who started lots of nasty rumors about me. LOTS of them. Then he blamed me for it, saying that I was a bitch and worthless and caused him to do it. He broke up with me calling me "too fat to date" accompanied by a picture like this 8 <- me and | <-him. Of course I believed every word he was saying to me. Then , two of my very best friends told me i was worthless as well. They elaborated, saying I 'had no right to exist' and that everyone I mean EVERYONE hated me. They made a list for me of people who hate me. So I believed them too. (of course the list wasn't true, none of it was) So that's about as much abuse one can take, right? no. apparently not. I found out that year that my parents were having marital problems and I thought it was all my fault. I lived thinking that I was my dad's burden, not his child. Last year at this time, I wasn't thinking of living, I didn't even want to plan for a week ahead, because I didn't know that I would want to, or get to, see it. It was a dangerous idea that made a LOT of sense.

You know what Stormy? I don't blame those people for what they did to me. Not at all. In fact, I regard it as a blessing, God moved in a very mysterious way there. It destroyed me when it happened, in fact parts of me are still rebuilding. But I'm stronger now. I know what I can and cannot take.

Still, I am honestly sorry for anyone who finds such behavoir entertaining, because a mean streak and taking joy in other's torture has got to be some type of mental problem.

I suppose that the term "torture" is relative, but to me, it's an extremely serious word and I hope that you considered all of its implications before you wrote it to us, preceeding saying that we have mental problems.

Think.

Indeed.

Stormy, I'm sorry you feel mistreated and it's quite possible that you were. I've always known you to be a nice girl and I was shocked by the things you've been saying recently. Clearly, you are hurt.

I didn't read any of the threads in question, so I can't really judge.

PLEBA can be cliquey and you may have fallen victim to it. I don't know. But what's done is done. By you attacking fellow PLEBAians it lowers you to the level at which you were attacked.

Anyway, it's only an internet forum!

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

Originally posted by *Stormy*
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Yknow, if you like, I can enforce those rules anytime. But I really dont think there would be many threads left around here. Some of those rules do get enforced on a daily basis but you know what, I'm not a forum nazi and I'm not going to censor or edit/delete threads because someone says a swear word or says the word sex. And if you feel you are getting harrassed.. I'm sorry, but I dont see it quite as bad as you're making it out to be. After all you reap what you sow.

------------------
Sexy poshin' sugar snarlin' rock and roll ...

My Lair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom