Analog Edge or Digital Edge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OnTheEdge

Refugee
Ooo, ooo! *waves hand* Guess what! I went to the mall today and got to experiance first hand the pleba pining. I left early in the morning and this is my first chance today to get on... But the day still turned out okay: The mall had disco balls hanging from it's ceiling. BOOM-CHA! A&F had numbered shirts! A Build-a-Bear! I go in and discuss what bears to use for the remaining members of U2 in my U2 bear band with my mom.
biggrin.gif
Weren't we Christmas shopping? I go into a video game store and it has these controlers that call themselves either Analog Edge or Digital Edge. I thought: do they have supplies for Animatronic Edges?
Worth noting: I went to SamGoody and they did not have the Elevation VHS. The woman said it hadn't been released.
rolleyes.gif
I browse the U2 stuff for fun (ooooooo... aaaahhhh). My brother reiterates that he will not get me anything related to U2 for Christmas.
Then on a happier note, I go to Barnes and Noble and get Spin. (oooooo... aaaahhhh)
smile.gif

Then a tried an Irish Cream latte for the first time!!!!
biggrin.gif
It really was nothing special, but it pleased me greatly.
Then I was drifting off into U2 thoughts on the way home and didn't realize what was on the radio until halfway through... it was this Irish song, about Irish bands, but I couldn't make anything out besides the words shamrock and Irish band. I snorted Irish cream latte into my brain! I was lmfao and my mom was rolling her eyes.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness.....
To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

you definitely need to go back and read the "yep, it's a sickness" thread. this has been happening to people SO MUCH.

does anyone ever think that the Big DJ In The Sky is looking down at your life and putting little things here and there...like posters...songs on the radio...
magazines...videos in bars...I do.

Next in the series "Things That Remind Me of U2": Today the food page of the newspaper had the headline Cutting Edge Cookies.
biggrin.gif
I want Edge cookies!

Okay, I'll stop.

------------------

To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

Originally posted by On The Edge:
Next in the series "Things That Remind Me of U2": Today the food page of the newspaper had the headline Cutting Edge Cookies.
biggrin.gif
I want Edge cookies!

Okay, I'll stop.

To continue the "Things that remind me of U2" ...
Our city is in the process of redesigning the city flag. Anyone in the city could submit a design .... here is an interesting choice
slide0072.htm

If the rex x appears go to http://www.ci.mil.wi.us/citygov/mis/Presentations/Flags/CityFlagContest_files/slide0072.htm and click on slide67.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

[This message has been edited by JessicaAnn (edited 12-13-2001).]

Originally posted by martha:
I'll take the analog Edge; the digital Edge will have those little squares all over him.

True, but sometimes Analog Edge gets tangled up in the reels of my Walkman.

I hope that makes sense to someone else besides me.

------------------
*Echo the Pimpstress* ... Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

"That's entertainment." - Vlad the Impaler

"Bono's stuck! I need something to poke him with! I can't get Bono out!!" - Mona

On the Moon, nerds get their pants pulled down and spanked with Moon rocks!

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure!

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Delicious AND Nutritious!

Go l? neach neamhshaolta do dhiosca crua. - May an alien being lick your hard disk.

Gee, i wonder who started THAT thread???
biggrin.gif
Originally posted by elizabeth:
you definitely need to go back and read the "yep, it's a sickness" thread. this has been happening to people SO MUCH.

does anyone ever think that the Big DJ In The Sky is looking down at your life and putting little things here and there...like posters...songs on the radio...
magazines...videos in bars...I do.

Yes, I totally do as well! My life seems to revolve around "all things U2" and things U2-related, no matter how insignificant. I just found out that a theater in my home stomping grounds of Milwaukee is going to be playing R&H on the BIG SCREEN a mere 2 days before I fly home. I am seriously contemplating changing my flight.
wink.gif
When I'm either thinking of a particular U2 song, or hoping to hear ANY U2 song...whoop! there it is!

I find myself quoting Pleba, quoting Bill Flanagan's book, quoting the boyz, quoting Bono's lyrics whenever and wherever appropriate. And even if it's not appropriate!

Go for digi-Edge...less wires! Unless you WANT to get tangled up with Edge that way!
biggrin.gif
(oh, I had to explain animatronic Edge to a friend the other day...me, laughing hysterically over it, him...not getting it in the least. Sigh.)

Originally posted by Discoteque:
I just found out that a theater in my home stomping grounds of Milwaukee is going to be playing R&H on the BIG SCREEN a mere 2 days before I fly home. I am seriously contemplating changing my flight.
wink.gif

When???? Milwaukee isn't toooo far away from here. hmmmm.

Originally posted by Discoteque:

And even if it's not appropriate!

LMAO At least I don't do that. A lot.

------------------

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
When???? Milwaukee isn't toooo far away from here. hmmmm.

Today and next Friday (Dec. 14 & 21) at the Rosebud Cinema Drafthouse.

http://www.rosebudcinemadrafthouse.com/

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by On The Edge:
The Art Institute of Seattle says I can get an Edge there!!! Echo, I know where you got your animatronic Edge! *call AI of Seattle to order her own AE*

Trust me. I went to the f*cking Art Institute of Seattle for TWO F*CKING YEARS and I NEVER saw Edge. Or an education. Or a career. Or hope.

That f*cking school ruined my life. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

*whew*

Well, now's as good a time as any to post something that I wrote. It's about 1/3 of the way down the page:
http://www.thestranger.com/2001-09-27/school.html

And I STILL haven't gotten my check for writing that.

GRRRRR.

P.S. I maintain that digital Edge has the advantage, if you don't mind the pixelation.

------------------
*Echo the Pimpstress* ... Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

This is it! I've been waiting two hours for this! It's a revolution! Blood runs! Flags wave! Come on everybody, throw down your tools and throw up a barricade! Run into the Winter Palace and stand on the tables waving bits of paper at each other! "Hello, are you the Czar?" "Yes, I am actually." BLAM BLAM! Ha ha! Tough luck, FASCIST! That's what happens to people who aren't working class!

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure!

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Delicious AND Nutritious!

Go l? neach neamhshaolta do dhiosca crua. - May an alien being lick your hard disk.

[This message has been edited by Echo (edited 12-17-2001).]

Originally posted by Echo:
Trust me. I went to the f*cking Art Institute of Seattle for TWO F*CKING YEARS and I NEVER saw Edge. Or an education. Or a career. Or hope.

*whew*

I'm sorry!
frown.gif

So no Edge for me?

------------------

Originally posted by Echo:

*whew*

Well, now's as good a time as any to post something that I wrote. It's about 1/3 of the way down the page:
http://www.thestranger.com/2001-09-27/school.html

And I STILL haven't gotten my check for writing that.

GRRRRR.

P.S. I maintain that digital Edge has the advantage, if you don't mind the pixelation.

Um...they kicked me out...

*Sheepish*

The Art Institute of Seattle says I can get an Edge there!!! Echo, I know where you got your animatronic Edge! *call AI of Seattle to order her own AE*

------------------

Back
Top Bottom