Amazing story of a fan who finally met Bono!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
First, I have to say, this is not my story (I wish it was!). This is the story of Maria from Spain, a girl I know from another forum. She has been trying for years to meet Bono and has had many heartbreaking disappointments. Last week, on the night of May 8, she finally met him and her story is incredible and full of love and excitement! She wants other fans to read it, so they can also have hope that someday it will happen for them too, and to spread the Bono love! It's so hard not to get discouraged after so many failed attempts and near misses and I know how that is, but thanks to her I am trying to hold onto hope it can happen to me too. Here is her amazing story, I really love how she describes him!

eebono2.jpg

Hi babies!!!!!!!

Well,it?s a long story.. for the moment,I am gonna tell you with EVERY DETAIL how it was the moment of meeting him,because if you would know WHAT I HAD TO DO FOR GETTING INSIDE THE HOTEL...what a story! I can tell you I really earned that moment,I deserved it for ALL MY SWEATING AND SHOCKS of that day and I needed it so much to happen at that time, 8:20 in the evening of the 8th of May ...

Okay,let?s begin!!!

I had to meet two friends at the Clarence THAT day at 8. One of them,called Gavin,called me and told me that Bono was in the Octagon bar!!
I could get in miracously knowing that Bono was inside!! I was at the main entrance trying so badly to get in... at the moment when the security man told me "Okay,come in" I wanted to die! But,you know,I had this feeling that YET AGAIN it would happen what has happened through these ten past years: really close to him but when I arrive he goes away.

So I went to the Octagon Bar with this security man,Michael,because I was given the permission to get in the hotel because I had a friend there waiting for me...and that was real!! It was a friend of a friend,so I had just seen him on pics!So I had to make the whole round at the Octagon for recognising him! When I saw him,I sat there at the bar with him and Michael went away..

I WAS EXPECTING TO SEE BONO JUST THERE AT THE BAR BUT HE WASN?T THERE WHEN I GOT IN!! And yes,my worst thoughts came to mind and I was thinking to myself.."Maria,what do you think,that you are gonna succeed one day?? ?t?s not your luck!!

Then,I sat with Gavin and I look to him serious and I asked him "Where the hell is Bono then?"
And he told me: "Look to your left,at the farest table"

And there he was.

I COULDN?T BELIEVE MY EYES!! There he was!! THERE HE WAS!! AFTER HAVING BEING THE WHOLE WEEK ALONE THROUGH DUBLIN..AFTER UNCOUNTABLE HOURS AT HIS GATES,AFTER ALL THESE YEARS OF TRYING ONCE AND AGAIN.. There he was though i could only see his back,no cap,long black hair,black jacket,four women sitted with him and he was having a pint of beer.

At that very moment,everything had sense.It had to happen that day,no hair done or make up--not that it matters at all--(not like the rest of the week),when I was leaving the following day,when my illusion was lost FOR EVER and when I felt so stupid for going there to Dublin mainly for that. Everything filled in its place and I realised that,weirdly,the only day that I said to myself that enough was enough,no more Bono chasing,he CAME to me! I mean,you understand what I want to say.. I had to go to the Clarence cause I had to meet Bonograce there at 8:30 and Gavin at 8:00!! So you can?t fight fate,as a very young Bono would say.. :)

It was surreal!

WEll,when I turned my head and I saw him with all these women..I started shaking,and I looked to my watch and I thought: well Maria,you are gonna do it,so keep this moment for ever! I had with me a blue birthday card that I had bought for leaving it at the Dockers..
Well,Michael came AGAIN(so wonderful that man) to check if I was okay,I told him that I was,and that if he would mind to let me a pen for writting the card.He let it to me and he went away. I wrote something like "To the most inspiring and coolest man in the world, thanks for your music,love,Maria from Spain,happy 43 birthday.." things like that.

While I was there sitted I was looking at him,of course..you can?t imagine how slow his movements are!! He took his pint...he took it to his lips..with such a grace,soooo calmed... the room was empty,but he..he shines.. he is a normal guy,I?m sure,but at the same time,he has a special aura..a good vibes feeling...like if he was in peace with himself..don?t know how to explain it!!! But GOSH HE IS SPECIAL!

Okay.I wrote that down and Michael came to handle it to him...I told him.."Michael,could I give it to him myself??" He said: Well,he is in a meeting..wait here and we?ll see when they finish it.."

AND SUDDENLY,BONO AND THE WOMEN GOT UP!!!!! I stood up immediately,I looked to Michael and he said: "Okay,come on!!!!!!!"

Quietly and shaking I walked some steps to the middle of the room..nobody else there. Women passed me by and Bono was there gently saying bye.. When the last woman passed me,he put on his green cap and turned back!!

I SAW HIS FACE AND OH MY GOD HE IS SOOOO GOOD LOOKING!!SO PRETTY! I started shaking and then HE LOOKED AT ME,and I said "hi Bono.." he said Hi and he was walking torwards me!!

He stopped where I was and hold my left hand,he stared at me and asked me "Hi,what?s your name??" I WAS SOOOOOO EXCITED AND FEELINGS,EMOTIONS,ALL THAT WEEK got mixed up and tears were running down my cheek! I couldn?t help it and I could not speak!! I just said "sorry... sorry" and HE HOLD ME,so sweetly,and he tried to calm me down saying..."oh,don?t cry...I?m here.."

Let me tell you he smells like ABSOLUTE GLORY and that I was in heaven..but I realise that I wanted to talked to him and look to him in the eye..so I stepped back and I said that I was MAria from Spain,that I had been at the studios but they weren?t here.. and then he changed his face like sad and told me "oh..we didn?t have to go there.." HE REALLY FELT BAD FOR NOT BEING THERE!! I told him that I knew they were on vacation because Sam had told me..

He was ALL THE TIME SAYING.. "oooh so nice...... so nice... " and he kissed my hands I don?t-know-how-many-times! he is so unbelievable!

You PEOPLE WHO SPEAK ENGLISH...IN THIS CONTEXT..WHAT DOES IT MEAN EXACTLY?? LIKE how cute..or what????

Then I told him that I had made that trip on purpouse mainly to meet him,after ten years of trying,that it was my dream..and then he HUGGED ME AGAIN! and I couldn?t believe how sweet he was.. that time,while I was sobbing there holding him,I thought "Oh God,how lucky Ali is..but not for the sexy man,but for the beautiful person he is.."

Then I looked at him again and told him that I had a birthday card for him..he said "Really? thank you very much! and he gave me a little hug and he took my face with his hands and gave me two kisses!!I THOUGHT I HAD DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN!! then he said thank you,that he had to go and kissed my hand twice.

I stood there like an idiot and Gavin,my friend who was watching it all from the bar told me.."MAria,ask him some pics!!" and then I called him "Bono,Bono!! ..(he turned back slowly)..would you mind to take a pic with us??" He asked me "do you have the camera there?" I said yes and he came to us,posed with me and then with Gavin and I told him thank you very much,you?re wonderful. Then he said something like "No,you are.See ya!" I couldn?t understand that well,but Gavin told me he had SAID THAT!!!

Gosssssssshhhhhh!!!

Then I run out to the main entrance,I went out to the street where my two friends were and I started screaming,jumping,I couldn?t stop crying... wow what a feeling.Now I feel so happy..but,in one sense,just a little bit sad..cause you know,when you finally meet him you know that you will never have the first impression anymore...and hey,I am the happiest person on earth,but I know that the moment has passed and I feel strange after ten years of trying.Everyday since Sunday I look to the pic before going to bed for five minutes and I think...Wow,how strange,you and Bono together..this moment is a tresure,and don?t misunderstand me,I am so glad and I feel so blessed.. but now I feel that I don?t know if I will live another moment in my life like that...

Well, I?m weird in that sense of live and so on,I don?t want to confuse you,I?M VERY VERY HAPPY AND I FEEL SO LUCKY!

eebono.jpg

An hour later to that,I was sitted there with Bonograce and I went to call my mother.We were there both talking and my mother started crying..she knows it means the world to me! Then I SAW BONO IN THE CORRIDOR AND I HANG MY MOTHER!!LOL!

I went out and HE WAS THERE WAITING that someone would open the door for a private or something!! I said hi,he said hi and smiled,then I approached him and I told him:

-Thank you very much for being so nice with the fans,really..
B: Oh,no problem..
M: You know,I have called my mother to tell her that I finally met you and she was so moved and happy--he stops me and says
B: Ohhh,talking to your mum...
M: yep,she is so happy for me...thank you very much Bono,truly.
B: (smiles)
M: (Dies) LOL!
M: see ya ..
B: see ya,bye

And he went into that strange room at the middle of the corridor.

And that was that.All I can say is that he is the sweetest person I?ve ever met,and that he is sooooo caring..he really seemed worried about me crying.. and he could passed me by cause the ladies were gone or whatever,but he listened to me,he looked at me without blinking..(how can he do that??????) I felt so well treated,so understood..

And the last thing: I have not posted that to make ANY SINGLE PERSON JELAOUS OR SOMETHING.At all.I wanted to tell all the details for two reasons:

1- AFter ten years,and after seeing in the net A LOT of people meeting them around the world,I had that feeling that I would never meet them.Never.So this is a glimpse of hope to all the fans that they never did it.I tell you that it?s difficult,but POSSIBLE,so keep trying please and never give up! It?s such a moment that I really wish every fan gets the chance to make it true.

2- I want to show to the world how sweet he is.A lot of people may think he acts like a singer,he acts when there are cameras around...but in that room,it was just me and him.And he really is a caring person and very down to earth.He is amazing,and I want everyone to know it,without any doubt.He is a very nice fella,inside and outside.

So I?m sorry if you may feel jelaous,it?s normal,but this story is to encourage you all to make it true and to tell you that yes,you can sleep well tonight: YOU ARE FANS OF ONE OF THE MOST ENCHANTING PERSONS IN THE WORLD. Good election.

Thanks God for make it possible and God bless him.

Best of lucks to all the people who felt like me a week before.One day it will be your beautiful day.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

He stopped where I was and hold my left hand,he stared at me and asked me "Hi,what?s your name??" I WAS SOOOOOO EXCITED AND FEELINGS,EMOTIONS,ALL THAT WEEK got mixed up and tears were running down my cheek! I couldn?t help it and I could not speak!! I just said "sorry... sorry" and HE HOLD ME,so sweetly,and he tried to calm me down saying..."oh,don?t cry...I?m here.."

*swoon* :cute: :up: :heart: :love: :bono: he never fails to be a perfect gentleman. thanks for sharing.

Wow, what a rockin Sotry!

I near cried for her when I read it, because when I read the way a fan writes his/her emotions, the way they really express the excitement - I can really feel it!

Ive been there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great, fantastic story

and gawd bless her on thinking her posting her story might make others jealous..................NOT A BIT!

I know that if I were Bono, Id wanna meet each and everyone of u!

:D

:hug: Kitty, thanks baby!
:happy:

What a beautiful story!!!!!!!!!!

I have to go to the bathroom now and blow my nose, I am just bawling because I am so happy for her. Co-workers must think I am a freak.

It took me 12 years for the 'meeting' and it was only for 30 seconds, and I had to steel myself not to cry, but I guess it would have been alright if I did.

What an adorable story! I am so happy for her and what a sweet picture that is :)
I also know that dreams do come true, and I hope that one day for each fan, your time with Bono will come :)

Does anyone know if she'd like this story to be put on the main page of Interference.com? It's so beautiful - it deserves to be read by thousands of people!! Does anyone know how to get her permission?

Awww, that was so touching. I understand perfectly what she is saying... after you meet him, you immediately feel very proud of being a U2 fan. He is such a caring, sweet and wonderful man. I get chills thinking about it. :happy: :cute:

wow
another breathtaking emotional story from a lucky fan who got to meet one of them
I feel so happy for her ^_^
I don't think any decent person could be jealouse :happy:

what a fantastic story - I'm so happy for her! It makes me all the more excited cos I'm going to Dublin on tuesday! :hyper: Do I gather from this story that they're not in the studio at the moment? Is it not worth me hanging around outside it?

Awwww, I'm really HAPPY for her! I know her in person and she's amazing, she really deserved it. I must phone her right now because I want her to tell this to me, it is so incredible!

:hug: Mar?a :hug: You rock!!!

Wow! That's story is amazing! I'm so happy for Mar?a! Bono is the sweetest man on earth!!!! :hyper: :heart:

"He stopped where I was and hold my left hand,he stared at me and asked me "Hi,what?s your name??" I WAS SOOOOOO EXCITED AND FEELINGS,EMOTIONS,ALL THAT WEEK got mixed up and tears were running down my cheek! I couldn?t help it and I could not speak!! I just said "sorry... sorry" and HE HOLD ME,so sweetly,and he tried to calm me down saying..."oh,don?t cry...I?m here.."

Let me tell you he smells like ABSOLUTE GLORY and that I was in heaven..but I realise that I wanted to talked to him and look to him in the eye..so I stepped back and I said that I was MAria from Spain,that I had been at the studios but they weren?t here.. and then he changed his face like sad and told me "oh..we didn?t have to go there.." HE REALLY FELT BAD FOR NOT BEING THERE!!"

:cute:!

Dear god, how sweet IS that?

:hug: :bono: :heart:

What an awesome story.

Of course I'm insanely envious...but I am holding on to hope, like mentioned. Perhaps someday I'll have a wonderful experience of my own to share.

I'm very happy for Maria. Very, very happy. Such a sweet story...just makes me love this guy even more, makes me not worry so much about meeting him if I do get the chance, 'cause stories like this make me feel at ease.

Angela

Beautiful story, good for you, Maria!
He's such a warm and charming man...:heart:
And I didn't know such nice securitymen existed...even Bono's bodyguard is nice......:bow:
Hope I'll meet him as well one day.....
Que sera, sera...what will be, will be....:wink:

Ok, that's it! I'm going to the studio and the hotel this week! :D

I have been here in Dublin for 2 months and I haven't even bothered looking for them! :shame:

Well, the thing is that it kinda sucks going by yourself cus I know if they are there and I get to talk to them I'll go completely blank! So it'd be cool to have someone around me to kick my ass if that happens! :D

Bammo! Give me a ring when you are in town! Maybe we can go chase them together! :hyper:

Wow Maria!
That's beautiful story, he really is an amazing man...actually amazing dosen't even begin to describe how wonderful he is.
Maria I am so happy for you, your story brought tears of happiness to my eyes!

I am SO happy for you as all U2 fans are! He is an amazing and caring man. I have been fortunate to have met him also. Those eyes are mesmerizing!

Wow! I am so happy for her, too! And Moocho Gracios, for sharing Maria! It does inspire me to dream of My day, someday! Adn hery, Ramblin Rose-that was my 'handle' when I was driving truck! Cool! Happy Bono Dreams, Maria!

Back
Top Bottom