Alright, let's see some fingers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ouch!
I think someone should kiss you better....:sexywink:

elevationsinging3.jpg

flywithcig.jpg

eow17b.jpg

:hug:

I slammed my thumb against the car door and the car door closed...It was internally bleeding for about a month then one night the blood started to drip out, an hour later the nail started to chip off(it hurt) Later that day my friends accidently sqeezed it and blood shot out all over our hands..:wink: ...Nail finally came off....The nail that was growing under it took a few months to finally recover but has bumps all over it (because out the skin) and finally now the final bump is at the edge of my thumb and im bout to use a nail clipper to clip it off once it is ready..I'm excited:hyper:

QUOTE]I slammed my thumb against the car door and the car door closed...It was internally bleeding for about a month then one night the blood started to drip out, an hour later the nail started to chip off(it hurt) Later that day my friends accidently sqeezed it and blood shot out all over our hands.. ...Nail finally came off....The nail that was growing under it took a few months to finally recover but has bumps all over it (because out the skin) and finally now the final bump is at the edge of my thumb and im bout to use a nail clipper to clip it off once it is ready..I'm excited[/QUOTE]

just what Lemon Grrrrrl wanted to hear :wink:[

Last edited:
Lemon Grrrrrl said:
I banged the bejesus out of my middle and index fingers today at work - slammed the tips really good while I was closing a drawer. So, let's see our boys' fingers in honor of this lovely event today so I can cheer up a bit. :hyper:

You feeling better? Are they still red or internally bleeding?

tpsglick2424 said:
I slammed my thumb against the car door and the car door closed...It was internally bleeding for about a month then one night the blood started to drip out, an hour later the nail started to chip off(it hurt) Later that day my friends accidently sqeezed it and blood shot out all over our hands..:wink: ...Nail finally came off....The nail that was growing under it took a few months to finally recover but has bumps all over it (because out the skin) and finally now the final bump is at the edge of my thumb and im bout to use a nail clipper to clip it off once it is ready..I'm excited:hyper:

Yummy :drool:

You should be on an episode of House, your squirting finger would fit right in with the eyeball popping out, and the exploding scrotum.....

:happy:

I jammed my finger once in the car door. the pressure under my fingernail from the blood was so bad that we ended up drilling a tiny hole in it to let the blood ooze out.....much better after that!

Bono's Betty said:
QUOTE]I slammed my thumb against the car door and the car door closed...It was internally bleeding for about a month then one night the blood started to drip out, an hour later the nail started to chip off(it hurt) Later that day my friends accidently sqeezed it and blood shot out all over our hands.. ...Nail finally came off....The nail that was growing under it took a few months to finally recover but has bumps all over it (because out the skin) and finally now the final bump is at the edge of my thumb and im bout to use a nail clipper to clip it off once it is ready..I'm excited

just what Lemon Grrrrrl wanted to hear :wink:[
[/QUOTE]

Well, reading tpsglick2424's post literally made me do this: :shocked: , and reading Betty's post and the rest of this thread so far: :lmao:

I guess I'm a wimp. No internal bleeding that I can tell, just still swollen, mainly the middle finger (it took the brunt of the slamming) and very tender to the touch. After soaking in epsom salt (my miracle drug), it's feeling much better. Still swollen but not as much. And typing doesn't hurt too much either. I did manage to be a huge drama queen though - I freak out when anything happens to my hands, as I'm a massage therapist and depend on them for my living. So, when I started whimpering and talking unintelligibly and then ran towards the back room in a panic, some people thought maybe I'd gotten a phone call that someone had died or something. It hurt so bad at first I couldn't touch it though, not even with ice - hope that counts for something. No squirting blood or exploding scrotum (which I don't think I have anyway :wink: - yes I saw that episode!!!). But when my boss came in to check on me she instinctively started to try to rub my fingers, which I told her it hurt too bad to touch them, but for some reason (either because I was still talking unintelligibly or she just didn't bother to listen), she kept trying to rub them. :shrug:

I love hearing your stories, though! Feel free to share them - PM or email if you like. It's hard to gross me out. :)

Oh, and more pics!!!!!!! Much, much more!!!!!!! New body part fetish!!! :hyper:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
I banged the bejesus out of my middle and index fingers today at work - slammed the tips really good while I was closing a drawer.
:yikes: I hope you use can also do forearm and olecranon techniques.. In the mean time, take care of those fingers! Kinda important in our line of work and all :wink:

Re: Re: Alright, let's see some fingers!

kafrun said:

:yikes: I hope you use can also do forearm and olecranon techniques.. In the mean time, take care of those fingers! Kinda important in our line of work and all :wink:

Absoflogginlutely I use my forearms and olecranon processes! I have tomorrow off so I think I should be sufficiently healed by Thursday.

Oh and Brightest Star - I like your line of thinking! C'mere, Bono...I need you to kiss it and make it all better!!! :evil:

Hands up for people who have hurt their fingers recently!

poppeaceearth.jpg

I got my left index finger caught in a filing cabinet today. But I'm generally clumsy, so I was just glad I didn't break my arm. :wink:

Do the RICE thing LemonGrrrr: uh, Relax, Ice in a cool beverage, Complain, Elevation Tour DVD, I dunno, something like that. Hey, I'm not a nurse here! :wink:

Re: Re: Re: Alright, let's see some fingers!

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

Absoflogginlutely I use my forearms and olecranon processes! I have tomorrow off so I think I should be sufficiently healed by Thursday.
Oooh oooh! Shop talk! :hyper: Say.. don't you think Bono has beautifully defined sternocleidomastoids? Wouldn't you love to petrissage those babies? :drool:

:eeklaugh: k.. bedtime for Kaf.. :nerd:

They are some of the best SCMs these eyes have ever laid eyes on. I could petrissage those things all night long!!!! Any day of the week you can PM or email me about those babies... :drool:

(Actually, honestly, Ali's SCMs disturb me a bit. She def needs some treatment on them!!!)

Sorry - crashing my own thread. Here's some fingers:
of50277443.jpg

Bono Mot said:
I got my left index finger caught in a filing cabinet today. But I'm generally clumsy, so I was just glad I didn't break my arm. :wink:

Do the RICE thing LemonGrrrr: uh, Relax, Ice in a cool beverage, Complain, Elevation Tour DVD, I dunno, something like that. Hey, I'm not a nurse here! :wink:

I do believe that's what RICE stands for!!! :laugh: It was a bit difficult tonight because we bought a new car and I didn't get to get the disposable ice pack I was meaning to before we got to the dealership. But all is well. I'm kinda high from the new car smell to really care too much about the fingers. (That is, until, I brush them against the wall or something.

Sorry to hear about your finger mishap today too. :hug: I guess it's just in the air today.

Last edited:
Seeing as this is a topic about phalanges, here's a prime example of Bono's - including the interphalangeal(proximal AND distal) and the metacarpophalangeal joints :nerd: Oh, to have had pics like these in our anatomy texts..
MojoBonopic.jpg

k, I'm really done now.. :lol:

I love your style of thinking, kaf. If you and me open up a school, we must use these photos for our anatomy classes. :yes:

Here we have Edge's right arm in abduction (that ABduction, not adduction), with his wrist in a slight lateral deviation and his phalanges in a neutral position:
3479%3B5663%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E232369485%3B996ot1lsi

Phalanges in flexed position:
3479%3B5663%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323864897346ot1lsi

Bono pointing with a phalanx plus cervical rotation to the left side, firing that lovely right SCM
of50443443.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom