Almost the real thing baby!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allegra

Refugee
The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap,
If you girls missed seeing the Joshua Tree tribute band Friday night, here are some pics that agentmissa took. Jason "Bono B. Jones" [also an Interferencer] is looking just like the real thing and looking pretty damn fine as a matter of fact!!!

BBJones13.jpg

BBJones12.jpg

And look at lucky agentmissa here!!!

MissaBBJones.jpg

:drool:

Hmmm.

Methinks he looks more like a person *trying* to look like Bono...rather than actually looking like Bono...

If you get what I mean.

Which you probably didn't.

Because not even I did.

:wink:

Tony will always be my favorite faux Bono, but this guy is good too. I don't know why Bono impersonators get dissed. What better thing could a guy do than to copy Bono?! :sexywink:

I think the guy from U2:UK is a good look a like and has a very good voice! (and he sang with or without you to me) lol

U2:UK

36.jpg

Theres Achtung Baby and Zu2 as well but I cant remember what their website addresses are...

Last edited:
biff said:
Missa looks like she's in seventh-heaven!

Kitty, your box is full!!! (I don't mean litter-wise.:wink: )

AGAIN? I just cleaned it out :scream:

and LOL at the cat reference :laugh: Bono says hi to Rupert! :wave:

* MoFo * said:
wow i wanna know they (bono2 and adam2) got the clothes just right!

(where do i get an adam shirt????) :|

Ok, first off I can't believe I'm posting here because I'm embarrassed (in a good way and Allegra told me to look at what she did-bad girl), but I wanted to answer your question for you MoFo.

Oh, and yes, I realize I'm not near a dead ringer for Bono looks wise, but the voice, to me, is much more important. Besides, the chances of being someone who looks just like Bono and sounding just like him as well are pretty slim. The U2UK guy looks close in that picture, I'll have to check out their website to see how he sounds.

Ok, on to the clothes.

I bought the jacket used on Ebay for $30 and from numerous photo's on line (thanks Otto Kittsinger!), I constructed the jacket's trimming myself. I am a very detailed person and knew if I didn't get it as near perfect as possible, I wouldn't do it at all. I spent a lot of time in fabric and craft stores which, for me being a guy, was a little strange. The trim along the jackets stitch line is just a gold metal ribbon material glued on with heavy criss cross black rope stitching over it. The star is a naugahide like material. I just made a star pattern and cut the material out and it is also glued on. (stitching leather is really difficult) The cheverons on the shoulders I made myself too because I couldn't find already made that I liked and looked good. It's a shiny gold fabric glued over black felt. Got the "D" rings for the shouler straps at Home Depot (a hardware store here in the U.S.) believe it or not.

Black tee shirt, black "Anchor Blue" pants, GBX shoes, and of course the Bvlgari 611's sunglasses in blue to top of the ensemble.

My "Adam's" shirt was hand painted by a very talented young lady in the band "Exit" who is the bass player in that band and a huge Adam fan herself. She was kind enough to make it for him.

Hope that helps!

God bless,

Jason.

P.S. check out our website if you haven't already! www.u2jt.com

Bono B. Jones said:

Oh, and yes, I realize I'm not near a dead ringer for Bono looks wise, but the voice, to me, is much more important. Besides, the chances of being someone who looks just like Bono and sounding just like him as well are pretty slim.

Oh, I agree. But this thread was about you looking like him, so that's what I commented on. Didn't mean any offense by it (And the jacket you half-made is extremely damn cool, my man!)

I'm on your website right now, gonna be checking out the videos and stuff in just a sec :)

Lucy3011 said:
Hmmm.

Methinks he looks more like a person *trying* to look like Bono...rather than actually looking like Bono...

If you get what I mean.

Which you probably didn't.

Because not even I did.

:wink:

:lmao:

I agree.

Lucy3011 said:

Oh, I agree. But this thread was about you looking like him, so that's what I commented on. Didn't mean any offense by it (And the jacket you half-made is extremely damn cool, my man!)

I'm on your website right now, gonna be checking out the videos and stuff in just a sec :)

Oh, no-no offense at all. I'm sorry if it sounded like I was offended, didn't mean to because I wasn't at all. Yeah, there are a few Bono clones out there (lucky devils). Danno of Elevation USA is close. I have met him in person. I think the photo's of him make him look more like Bono than he actually does in person. He really has Bono's stances and poses down, so in a photo, he really captures the "look" and he's also Bono's size which helps. (I'm 5'10")

Thanks for the compliment on the jacket. It was fun putting it together. I don't have the American flag liner...not sure how I feel about that because the only way to do it is to use a real flag. Some may be offended by that. I don't think it's really that important, but it IS cool and the most stand out thing about his jackets, so I'll probably wind up having someone sew one in.

Thanks for checking out the website and for allowing me to be a part of the PLEBA forum.

God bless,

Jason.

Tony of UF may not look exactly like Bono, but he does a good job with his Bono-like facial expressions and moves in person.

bu2fultony.jpg

Bono B. Jones, do you go around dressed like Bono all the time, and do you change your 'look' with Bono's? Were you shaved bald during Pop? Anyway, thanks for stopping by PLEBA and good luck with your career! :wave:

U2Kitten said:
Bono B. Jones, do you go around dressed like Bono all the time, and do you change your 'look' with Bono's? Were you shaved bald during Pop? Anyway, thanks for stopping by PLEBA and good luck with your career! :wave:

Hey Kitten,

No, I don't go around dressed like Bono when I'm not performing. (although I do have the green army hat that I wear occasionally) I'm quite myself when not impersonating him. The only thing that stays with me that's Bono-like is the hair color. I dye mine for the "Elevation Tour" look. My natural color is auburn, very close to Bono's natural color.

As far as changing looks, the only two I do right now are the Elevation and Joshua Tree era looks. (as you can see on our website photo's) My tribute band wasn't around when the POPMART tour was happening and I really didn't care for his look with the shaved head, muscle shirt, unibomber hooded sweatshirt and all. The only cool clothes he had on that tour IMO was the bubble suit.

I'm planning on attaining, as best I can, his new look once the tour starts. The photo's of him right now may not be what he winds up wearing on the tour (just like Elevation) so I'm gonna wait for the tour. I am, however, still going to buy the straw cowboy hat. The new shades...ehh I like the Bvlgari's better.

Thanks for asking!

Jason.

because i play guitar, i'd impersonate The Edge, but i dont feel like shaving my head. ZING! :p

Back
Top Bottom