Almost flipped at the doctor's office

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sweetie

Refugee
MA - the land of every weather pattern imaginable
I was at the hospital to get some tests done and the lab tech called my name and I followed her. I happened to be wear my Vertigo tour shirt. She looked at it and said "Oooo I love them".

I grinned from ear to ear. "Me too!"

She says "I missed seeing them when they were here last"
I say "They were absolutely fabulous" Still grinning- bordering on :hyper:

She says "I love that Bono"
Now I'm getting all :drool: "Me too!"

She says "But only as long as he keeps his glasses on"

:huh:

She says "Cuz when he takes his glasses off I scream"

:eyebrow:

She says "Cuz he's quite an ugly man"

:mad: :madwife:

She says (I think she said this after noting my silence)
"But even though he's ugly, he's a wonderful person - a great humanitarian"

I was stunned. Bono? UGLY!!! How could she think that. I couldn't get mean- she was drawing blood after all. :wink:

I know that there are some out there don't find him to their tastes - but ugly???

:madwife:

That is soooo shocking sweetie! :shocked: How can say Bono's ugly?!?!?! :rant: :angry: :rolleyes:

Do you know what i actually thought you were about to say, as i was reading through your post? I thought you were about to say that she actually would prefer him wearing his glasses cos it would be too much to handle to see his eyes since they just make you go CRAZEEEE when you look in to them!!!!! :combust: :faint:

Shame on her eh?! :shame:

Bono is beautiful, gorgeous AND extremely sexy! :drool:

susanp6 said:
[B
Do you know what i actually thought you were about to say, as i was reading through your post? I thought you were about to say that she actually would prefer him wearing his glasses cos it would be too much to handle to see his eyes since they just make you go CRAZEEEE when you look in to them!!!!! :combust: :faint:

[/B]

Thats exactly what I thought she was going to say!! I started slipping into a Bono with no glasses fantasy and the next thing I hear from her is that he's ugly. I couldn't believe it.

Susan, I think you're right!

I think the woman is in denial and had to say something bad about him so that she wouldn't start to drool from the thought of him, cause herself to melt into a puddle of goo, and have to go home early from work to regain her self-control.

:combust:

:yes: :combust: :giggle:

No way sweetie! :ohmy: You thought the same idea! :wink:

Bono looking into your eyes sans shades, while stroking your hair&caressing your back :faint: :faint: !!!!

btw - I still read your uncensored fan fic from time to time sweetie :sexywink: it was smokin'!!!! :combust: :combust:

Me too on the fan fic--have in my secret file. You should have told her listen here--this is Bono we are talking about--you might be seeing some of your own blood if you don't watch it. :wink:

We all know that woman aches for him really, don't we girls? :sexywink:

How could she not? I mean just look at him lying there&sucking his thumb :eek: :faint: :combust:

How can you not want to :censored: him!!!!!:evil:

Oh! I'm glad to hear that you're planning on writing another story sweetie :love: your writing was fab! :up: :combust: esp the uncensored part hehe :evil:

:giggle:

sweetie said:
:hug: regarding the fan fic! Thanks so much. I think its time I put pen to paper again!

LOL Dismantled! You're right--more for me me me me me! and you :wink:

you share so well:drool: :drool: :drool:

phooey on that doc:madspit: she has NO idea what she's missing:drool: :evil:

I was just thinking the same thing&saying this to my friend earlier Dis! :wink: It's a shame that all these women think they have to be like sheep and go crazy about G Clooney&Brad Pitt the whole time :tsk: :down:

But as you say, more B for us greedy lusty Plenans!!!! *Rubs hands* :evil:

susanp6 said:
We all know that woman aches for him really, don't we girls? :sexywink:

How could she not? I mean just look at him lying there&sucking his thumb :eek: :faint: :combust:

How can you not want to :censored: him!!!!!:evil:

I want that man too damn much! :drool: :combust: How could anyone possibly call this adorable man ugly?! :madwife: Ok I need to go and comfort Bono in NUMEROUS ways after this comment was made about him :evil:

Last edited:
but you have to hand it to her:
even if she thinks he is ugly.. she still thinks he is great!
Not many people find ugly people all that great.

a-mole said:
but you have to hand it to her:
even if she thinks he is ugly.. she still thinks he is great!
Not many people find ugly people all that great.

:yes: true true... :yes:

:hmm: But well, then again, she should REALLY look at his eyes.. I think she never really did!! :drool: :D

At my work,2 of the ladys I work with both say that Bono is ugly...I said yeah,he's so ugly that's why he made People magazines 1 of their sexiest man alive.One of them said now that was scary.Yeah,right.Plus one of them says when he sings or talks,she doesn't know what he says cuz he mumbles...mumbles???,he does not.She just doesn't like him and would say anything just because of that.She also say that I need to "wake up"???,I said oh,I'm awake.Bono is VERY SEXY,in deed.One of the other lady's husband said that he was ugly too,I said,oh,he's just jealous.

Some people are just so shallow, who believe that beauty is only skin deep! I feel sorry for such people and infact Sweeetie your story made me laugh!:giggle:

And to Bono's Lady... Take no notice of people who say such things, I've had to put up with similar comments from my own family! But you know what? They're all wrong! We know the truth and it sets us free!:heart: :bono: :heart:

Last edited:
mmmm :drool: yeah, i think Ewan is gorgeous, esp without the beard tho'! :combust:

I was watching the video for I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For and my Dad came in, he said to me;
"This is a great song, pity Bone-io's such an ugly bugger"
(He only calls him Bone-io 'cos he knows it annoys me)
- I was speechless, has he no eyes?!!

I've dated my share of perfect GQ cover-worthy himbos and they can't hold a candle to Bono. Is Bono model perfect? No and that's why I adore him. His face has character and his inner beauty shines like no other. And he's short and has such purty blue eyes (I like that in a person :wink: .)

:shocked: that's unbelievable Total U2 Nut!!!! :tsk: He is god's gift to women alrite :combust: :faint:

Where you at the Twickenham shows? I went to both :rockon: :happy: :love:

susanp6 said:
:shocked: that's unbelievable Total U2 Nut!!!! :tsk: He is god's gift to women alrite :combust: :faint:

Yep, well, maybe he's just a little visually impaired, you never know.....

Nope, I couldn't make it to the Twickenham shows even though they were just down the road form me, on Saturday, I went up to Milton Keynes to see Green Day at the Bowl and I thought I'd be pushing my luck a bit to go to another gig on Sunday 'cos I had a GCSE exam that week.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom