All you nerds come join me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2bonogirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Back on the blue crack after a long break
Since I have been called a nerd by so many people in my hometown lately I think I need to call a nerds meeting here. Anyone who feels like a nerd come and join me for conversation.

I think the reason I get called a nerd is because I always seem to have my head in a book. Ive always been like that though. My dad had to take my books away from me to get me to go to bed at night!
Ive been reading a lot about history lately. Namely biblical history. Trying to weed out the fact from the myth.....
Im really not that smart I just like to read :shrug:
Of course I dress like a nerd sometimes. The tie I wore today kinda confirmed that one:wink:

SO all you nerds, u2 nerds, book nerds, computer nerds,
join me in a nerds conversation!
*Dum da da da!* enter music

I'm a nerd out of necessity. I'm a computer tech and I can't quit my job b/c they need me so much everytime I go looking elswhere, I get a raise. Things that are *normal* to me (wiring our house for cable and internet, fixing my discman and VCR, stocking up on tools and bits, etc) are *techy* to other people. One of my housemates refers to me as McGuyver when I'm working on stuff. One of my co-workers who has 8 kids and pretty much knows everything about kids and birth order could hardly believe I have no older brothers. I guess when you are the ONLY female working in your department, the "guy" stuff starts to rub off on you.

I also LOVE to read and always have. During school I never do b/c I don't even have enough time to read the assigned books, but in the summer I read a novel every few days (mostly murder/mystery/suspence stuff, sometimes non-fiction stuff about high profile cases).

But aside from that I do "girly" stuff like makeup, shopping, going to the beach (OK so I do spend two full weeks fishing religiously every summer, but I like to tan!).

Tara - If you like to read and are somewhat interested in theology, read the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman (yes, they are marketed as young adult fantasy novels). It will blow your mind.

yes music nerd does count!

bootleg- i wish i knew more about techy stuff!
I have a lot of guy stuff thats rubbed off on me since i was raised by mostly men at a gas station:wink:
Im a guitar effects geek too
so his dark materials trilogy? i was just at the library so tomorrow I will have to go back. Two library visits in one day is just too nerdy if ya know what I mean.
I have a book on the dead sea scrolls out right now, along with a movie on how the mind works:huh: (really nerdy)
and the da vinci code:D

I have more U2 facts stored up in my head than i would like to admit:reject:

i'm a political nerd. my friends will be playing games online and i'll be reading the washington post or the ny times, all i do is watch cnn, etc. etc. shoot, i love watching c-span!!!!! you really can't get any nerdier than c-span.

I'M A NERD AND I'M PROUD!!!! after all its the nerds that run the country.

Nerds can be cool, I just don't always feel like I fit in, but partly it is because I am a teenager.

u2bonogirl said:

so his dark materials trilogy? i was just at the library so tomorrow I will have to go back. Two library visits in one day is just too nerdy if ya know what I mean.
I have a book on the dead sea scrolls out right now, along with a movie on how the mind works:huh: (really nerdy)
and the da vinci code:D

Yes, His Dark Materials (aka The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, and The Amber Spyglass). Check youth/young adult fiction/fantasy. And if you ever want to debate theology, bring it on.

U2democrat said:
i'm a political nerd. my friends will be playing games online and i'll be reading the washington post or the ny times, all i do is watch cnn, etc. etc. shoot, i love watching c-span!!!!! you really can't get any nerdier than c-span.

I'M A NERD AND I'M PROUD!!!! after all its the nerds that run the country.
I like watching c span too!:huh:
and CNN. thats a good one.
I used to do the crossword puzzle in our oregonian newspaper every day and get the whole thing done. haha, i got razzed by that a lot.

we dont have to talk about nerd stuff all the time who4life:wink: i just wanted to start up another conversation thread for us nerdy people. I kinda think everyone has a bit of nerd in them:D

hey bootleg- I love discussing theology when I know what the hell Im talking about! Ill be sure and check the books out

for some reason all my life i've hated reading. i love writing and creating my own stories, using my own imagination, but i don't like reading books. i never have, and i hope someday i will, but i just find it dull. :shrug:

I feel the same way as Demacrat too, I can't stand reading. I don't even read U2 stuff unless it's about Edge, but even then I dont really feel like reading it lol.

i'm a self-professed 'nerdy girl' (along with a couple of other nerdy girl partners in crime :wink:). i'm a total school nerd, would love to stay in school forever if only i could. i love the learning process, i love the atmosphere in small university classes... getting nostalgic for the good ol' days... *sniffle*

mostly, i'm a word nerd. i love language and i am obsessed with grammar. i am a writer, and i am very particular about conveying precise meaning, correct grammar and spelling, accurate citiations, the whole nine yards. i am also one of two boggle queens and one half of the best trivial pursuit team ever. i spend far too much time playing yahoo word racer. :reject:

i'm a huge book nerd, too. my parents used to fight with me at night when i was little as well because i never wanted to go to sleep without reading at least a little. i still fall asleep with my face in a book most nights. i've got at least two or three books on the go at any given time. so many books to read, so little time.

nerdy girls rock!

I am a
-girly nerd - sephora is my mothership
-computer nerd
-news nerd
-book nerd
-music nerd
-apple nerd
-u2 nerd
-cheesy 80s/teen movies nerd
-triva nerd
-bad music nerd

If I had to do high school again I would have been more nerd-proud - so much more fun being who you are instead of who others want you to be:)

Nerd proud!!!!!

I am a nerd on so many levels........
I love anything and everything 80's even the clothes:reject:

I have read Wuthering Heights more times than I care to count among many other classics.

I know more about "FRIENDS" than I should.

I looooooove to cook

I have a closet full of Trivia games

I am obsessed with ancient Egypt

I have been known to stay up all night playing "Tomb Raider" or "Resident Evil".

I enjoy black and white movies.

Just to name a few.

dreams out loud said:
I am a nerd on so many levels........
I love anything and everything 80's even the clothes:reject:

I have read Wuthering Heights more times than I care to count among many other classics.

I know more about "FRIENDS" than I should.

I looooooove to cook

I have a closet full of Trivia games

I am obsessed with ancient Egypt

I have been known to stay up all night playing "Tomb Raider" or "Resident Evil".

I enjoy black and white movies.

Just to name a few.

Im obsessed with ancient egypt too!:D its so interesting but really confusing.
I have been into that since i was a little kid and it really freaked my parents out.

nobody ever wants to play scrabble with me :grumpy:
or anything wordy for that matter. it pisses me off.
I love reading news articles and magazines just to pick out the grammatical errors. same with street signs. and i wont even go into instruction manuals made in china:eyebrow:

I play Boggle w/ my bf's family. I thought I'd get smoked since his dad is a pastor and has had tons of schooling......but I beat everyone combined :macdevil:

Now his mom plays a round w/ herself during breakfast so she can try and beat me. I haven't lost yet.....

I beat my boyfriends family at scattergories
BAD
They were so mad.
And while we were playing the radio was going in the background. a song came on and his dad was like oh i love this song, its led zeppelin.
haha, hes the right generation for that music and im 18 but I had to correct him as I beat him at scattergories.
thats not zeppelin you dork, thats peter FRAMPTON!
:wink:

:wave: hellooo 'felow' nerds

hmmmm....I was a part-nerd I think before the word was even coined, or came into more mainstream use.

love astronomy, cosmology, archeology, enjoy geology, oceanography, quantum physics {yes, i could actually talkk to Edge about it}, culturaL studies, history. Love science fiction both 'hard' and more socio-cultural type.

part policy-wonk:
watching when i had cable alot of C-SPAN- their special deries, morning news shows and special tapings of stuff from...say the Kennedy school of Goverment within ? Harvard.

I read a book then NYC's traffic commishion er in 6th grade [loong time ago]

Semi-activist-
been one for single issues- environmental, human rights, health issues, anti-nuclear power & weapons, renewable energy sources. Also done politival candidate vunteering when i was 16 onwards from time to time.

definately have loved to read since i was a kid.

all-artist/artisan- painting , drawing, collage, sculpture. jewelry design & fashion design {my 'girlieness' there}

definately was a 'tomboy'.. way before 'title 9' {yay t9}

and passionate music lover- rock, orchesteral, world, R&B/soul

/while it's very frustrating at times to not ave the time nor money to do all i want to....for me, it's better than being constantly bored as some people are.

and oh yeah, while i have the better vocabulary, my mom would 2 out of 3 times beat me in Scrabble because she did a oot of crossword puzzles :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom