***All GOLDEN GLOBE Discussion Goes HERE!***

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hippy said:

You know what, I understood it and I thought it was fuckin brilliant! It was the best introduction for Best Picture of the evening! He was speaking in metaphors, which was probably why most of the people didn't get it.... silly Hollywood.

I still think the man is brilliant :)

I agree - I not only "got" Bono's introduction, I thought it was the best intro. of the night. I guess when they said "understood by nobody" they meant the brain-dead morons that write those types of articles. :yes:

doctorwho said:

I agree - I not only "got" Bono's introduction, I thought it was the best intro. of the night. I guess when they said "understood by nobody" they meant the brain-dead morons that write those types of articles. :yes:

Right on! :up: I 'got' it and I liked his 'muse' analogy comparing Scorsese and NY with James Joyce and Dublin. Bono is a creative lateral thinker and he has a brilliant mind- mine works the same way, so I understand;) :yes: I pity the fools who can't comprehend. :sigh:

U2Kitten said:

Right on! :up: I 'got' it and I liked his 'muse' analogy comparing Scorsese and NY with James Joyce and Dublin. Bono is a creative lateral thinker and he has a brilliant mind- mine works the same way, so I understand;) :yes: I pity the fools who can't comprehend. :sigh:

Well said!!:yes:

IWasBored said:
and the whole "oh my god bono siad 'fuck'" thing is hilarious. ooh look it's the big bad rock star comming along and corrupting the minds of our nation's youth. you know what? in elementary schol, i'm talking about 1st grade here, the big thing is to see how many people you can piss off by flipping them the bird through the school bus window...don't tell me that the scary rock singer on tv is the cause of this. and anyway, WHEN did he say this? what time was it? it had to be atleast 9 or 9:30 when it aired here, and don't kids that age usually go to bed before then? if you're really worried about your kids picking up bad language from television, what the hell are they doing watching some boring awards show (and if the parents REALLY go through with beleiving that swearing isn't appropriate for their kids, then exactly how many of those movies will their kids have seen?) at that time of night? and anyway, anyone older than 7 is going to hear that in school on a regular basis.

No kidding.

That parent group is pathetic. I can't stand groups like that who think they can sit there and dictate what is and isn't appropriate for people to view on television. We've got minds of our own, we can decide for ourselves whether we can handle a swear word or whatever else or not.

Kids have heard that word before, it's nothing new. And Bono wasn't even using it in an offensive context. He was just really happy U2 had won.

Plus, I think groups like that seem to forget there's a little invention called the remote control...if they found the swearing so offensive, they could *gasp* change the channel! Novel idea, huh?

In response to the other things discussed in here...Joan Rivers does not know what she's talking about. People like her bug me as well, thinking they're the fashion know-it-alls...what works for her won't work for other people.

I thought Bono looked just fine. So there. :madspit: to Joan Rivers.

And I've heard about Frank Sinatra being cut off...I agree that that was rather rude for these reasons:

1, consider the guy's age. When people get to that age, sometimes their minds tend to wander, and they start rambling on about various other things.

2, he was not gonna be around much longer, might as well have just let him have his night.

3, I could understand if they want to keep the acceptance speeches for the other awards at shows like these to a certain time limit-fine, whatever.

But for an award such as the Lifetime Achievement Award-I mean, that's a huge honor-the people running the show should allow those who win that award to have a little more time for their acceptance speech.

4, like these awards shows have never run over before anyway-they always do, what was the worry with Frank's speech? That awards show was probably gonna run overtime as it was, might as well have just let him yap.

And in response to Bono's introduction...Bono has a certain way of saying things, I thought his introduction was fine as well. It's just him being creative in his speech, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Angela

U2Kitten said:

TOTALLY!! :love: :cute: :combust:

globecute.jpg

globebeauty.jpg

globemeet.jpg

How could those Hollywood fakes not see that? :confused:
P.S- Melpop don't go blind yet, there's more sexy Bono to see!;) :drool:

Look at this man. Just LOOK at him.

I've been reading a lot of nasty comments (on other sites) about Bono's looks and his 'aging', and all of that.

As Adam once said, I think that's kinda bullshit.

And by the way, who is JOAN RIVERS to criticise anyone? She has never, ever looked good in ANYTHING in her entire pseudo-celebrity life. Every time I see her I shiver and wonder 'Why doesn't someone put that thing under house arrest so we'd no longer have to be subjected to her?'

Rock on B-Man!

sengira said:

I've been reading a lot of nasty comments (on other sites) about Bono's looks and his 'aging', and all of that.

Yep, it is.

Bono is "aging" just fine, and he looked fine.

Originally posted by sengira
And by the way, who is JOAN RIVERS to criticise anyone? She has never, ever looked good in ANYTHING in her entire pseudo-celebrity life. Every time I see her I shiver and wonder 'Why doesn't someone put that thing under house arrest so we'd no longer have to be subjected to her?'

LOL, really, no kidding.

Originally posted by sengira
Rock on B-Man!

Woohoo!

I particularly like the third picture out of those three that you were looking at, sengira.

Angela

I saw the Joan Rivers special this weekend where they critiqued the Golden Globe fashions. It actually wasn't her that said Bono was the worst dressed, she didn't make any comments about him at all. It was the on-line poll voted on by viewers that said he was the worst dressed male, and Melissa Rivers, and the audience disagreed with it.

I checked out the on-line poll they had on their website and Bono was first on the list of celebrities to vote for. That may be why he got the most votes, I don't know, it really doesn't make any sense. I thought he looked great.

sengira said:

Rock on B-Man!

:yes: :up:

bonosloveslave said:
Don't know if this was posted elsewhere, but there is an eyewitness account from someone who was at the awards and Miramax party focusing on our boys:
http://www.geocities.com/andisono/goldenglobes.html

Once again, late to the party! Silly me, thinking I heard of it first! This IS PLEBA!

There are some pics on there:
(The back of) Edge('s head) and Harrison Ford:
GGlobesEtext.jpg

Bono signing something:
gglobesbtext.jpg

Yep. Button down for sure. Just scroll a few posts up and you can see the close up pictures and what pretty pics they are!!! :love:

Back
Top Bottom