All depressed, disgruntled, disillusioned or despodent PLEBA girls post here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueeyes

Refugee
*Bluey plays soothing new age, Enya music in the background, crosses her legs yoga style and breathes deeply...that just pisses her off more so she throws a shoe at the cd player and cranks HMTMKMKM, stands up and chugs wine from the bottle in her favorite tuxedo shirt*
Seems we have a lot of sad little kitties here today...
So I think it's time for some PLEBA therapy.
Here's how it works, little Mommas.

1. State why you are in a sucky mood
2. State one good thing that is happening right now
3. Post a pic of your favorite U2 guy.
4. Tell a short-ish (yeah pot? this is kettle...looking a little black today, aren't you) story about what they would / can do to cheer you up...or solve your problem.

-Bluey

HOO-AH!! *venting lamenting station*

a. It's almost the end of the quarter and teachers have been piling up last minute things for us to do

b. The whole college thing. A lot of ppl are like 'I can't get into college I'm not smart blah blah' and that's bad, and so my problem sounds weird and conceited, but it's really not supposed to be. The Georgetown interview guy was like 'you'll have no problem getting in where ever you want' and 'I have a feeling you won't stop with just college. you'll do graduate school and a lot of great things.' OK Well that's all very well and good, but it's a bit SCARY if you ask me. I'm not some whiny overacheiver! I don't know. It's weird. *pressure* *sings Billy Joel*

c. the East coast is falling apart! In a place near DC it's really unsettling. Planes, anthrax scares. Not nice.

d. lol I'm still waiting for my b-day present....

2. Good thing = my neice
smile.gif

332684%3A%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D3%3A5%3D7%3B8%3DXROQDF%3E2323278973883ot1lsi

4. I'd be happy if Bono proposes to me sometime soon. Other stuff needs to be resolved too.

------------------
~*Mona*~the Shamrock n rolla!
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Joe Houdini!" ~Charlie Brown~

DREAM OUT LOUD

"Summers when the money was gone you'd sing all your little songs that meant every thing to me."~Remy Zero~

Allow me to demostrate lovelies...

1. I am in a sucky mood because:
-all my friends moved away
-my family moved away
-I have 4 midterms in 3 days starting tuesday
-My back muscles are all sore
-It's cold out
-My bf is gone away
-I'm broke
-I am not a f*cking supermodel...Bono would never bowl with me.
-There are so many people in this world that need an asskicking and so little time
-I don't think I will EVER get good enough grades to get into med. school. 99% of the other premeds I have met are assholes and hate me.
-Basically I am in the mood to sing the song "Bluey solves her problems with a chainsaw".

2. Hmmm, one good thing...(besides the obvious security, shelter, food thing).
I love my PLEBA friends. You all rock the dome, even when the rest of the world does not.

bomac_008.jpg

Mr Macphisto: *Pulls a huge diamond necklace out of his pocket and gives it to Bluey* Here you go love, I have been saving this for you for a long time and thought maybe you could wear it for a while, and think of me and when you are done you can sell it so you can afford to be educated...Or maybe you would just like to run away with me and the Zoo. That would be lovely. Come here dearest...
*Mr Macphisto hugs Bluey, gives her a GREAT back massage, and goes home with her where he puts on a little gold apron and does all her laundry and dishes and cooks her dinner while he sings her Elvis songs*
And Bluey lived happily ever after...

------------------
"It costs a fortune to look this trashy." - Bono.
Bluephisto

Here I go:

1. a)I have to return tomorrow to a job I don't really like anymore, especially after being suspended right after coming back from the most wonderful trip of my life, and for what? Being friggin' LATE.
rolleyes.gif

b)It's a dark, crappy day here in MI, and I'm not really reporting here from Larry's bed. *sniffles*

c)My computer is making those sick noises again.

d)I'm worried Vegas will drain my bank account, leaving me with only a cardboard box for transportation come Febuary.

2. Um...nothing good really. All my friends are ignoring me (again), and I want to go back to Chicago.

zv34886.jpg

*Such a sweetie*
smile.gif

4. I think a nice week off at a spa would do wonders for me...provided Larry came with me. hehe

------------------
Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!!

Bubble poppin' sugar droppin' rock and roll

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Yeah, Enya bugs the crap outta me too, Bluey. Heh. *tosses Enya CD across room like frisbee*

So. WAS in a decent mood, but hmm, now that you mention it:

• 1. Sucky mood = saw Mrs. Edge's post about the 3 bowling with Bono bimbos.
    I GOT LAID OFF!!! GRRR.
    mad.gif

Have to go to office today so won't be seen by former coworkers who treat me like pariah.
    Just gave Visa a $700 payment for all the U2 related travel/tickets I've been doing lately. Can you say BROKE????
    2. Good thing - I GOT LAID OFF!!!
    biggrin.gif
    I am enjoying the hell out of my time off. Am in NO HURRY to get back to the grind.
    3. Mmmmm...Edgie pic...*Disco fantasizes she is Edgie's guitar*
    kZ60475.jpg

4. Edge sees Disco walking in town...um, in DUBLIN, yeah...drives up in Edgemobile.
    Edge: Um, excuse me *blush*, but I'm having problems with my computer *blush* and my wardrobe and was told you know everything about both...and I live all alone in a big house by the ocean...can you help me???

*Disco hesitates--shyeah, NOT!!--DIVES into Edgemobile, goes home with Edge; makes his computer hum, makes him look completely handsome and hip 24/7, and where they live happily ever after, giving each other massages, traveling around the world, philathropizing all over the place, and lavishing big sloppin lurv on each other*

...sigh...crap, I think I'm more depressed now.
frown.gif

Disco

1. It's s Sunday. Enough said.
This school sucks as much as it did when I first got here 3 years ago yet I never transferred.
I know what I want to do with my life but it is having trouble coming together.
Dean of Advising told me my GPA needs to be higher if I want to get into Brown for grad school.
None of my friends are close to me during the school year.
I have been trying to live off 5$ for 2 weeks.
My stomach hurts and feels fat.
This school is too cheap to get us cable.
I could go on but why bother.

2. I am seeing U2 in less than 10 days. Twice.

3. I have no idea how to put pictures on here so I won't even try. Ummm...;let's pretend it's Bono circa 1988 looking SOOO good.

4. Well, really I would enjoy U2 giving me a private concert, playing at my future wedding or something. I would settle for meeting Bono or getting his autograph. Oh hell, being within 6 feet of him would do. Going to Chiles for a taco salad or the 99 for gold fever wings would also suffice. K

------------------
"And when it's raining,
raining hard, that's when the rain will break my heart."

Great thread Bluey! I really need to do some venting...

1)I have to go back to classes tomorrow, and I have a paper due next week, and I have to write a last-minute grant proposal for my thesis before Friday

-I'm sad that I won't be seeing U2 anymore this tour.
frown.gif
I've gotten so spoiled, especially by Chicago, and I know U2 is still out having fun ... but I'm not.

-Bono and those stupid bowling girls! Grrrr! This shouldn't really upset me, but BAAAH! I want to play with Bono! So what if I'm not a supermodel!

-Disagreements with a few friends

-As I posted yesterday, I managed to brilliantly ruin (turn black) all of my ticket stubs in an attempt to laminate them.

2. Good thing - My friends and family are all healthy and safe.

010617r4-10crp-u2.jpg

Check out Edge's sparkly pocket!

4. The members of U2 call me up. They invite me to New York and Las Vegas and LA. I get to hang out with them, and screw classes. They also assure me that they have connections and when I graduate in May I don't have to worry about getting a job or going to grad school or anything, because they can set me up with a great position somewhere with wonderful pay that fabulously showcases all of my skills. (Okay, anyone can tell me that. Doesn't need to be U2.)

------------------
"Those U2 songs, they seem to have a lot of big feelings in them."
--Bono, Details interview

"He...never...shuts...up."
--Sheila Roche, on Bono

"don't let go, you've got the music in you..."

I already posted it before, but I'll post it again.......

~ I just switched schools, as some of you already now, and I am completely lost in my subjects and I am probably going to fail this term (I'm good as far as my social life & everything... I've made plenty of friends, it's just I need to keep my grades up if I want to fulfill my Mom's dream of going to Harvard.....)

~ My mom and I have been fighting a lot more lately, and everyone in my family is convinced she has some psychotic tendencies

~ I broke up with my boyfriend recently... it was a pretty big fight and I said a lot of things I didn't mean..... (let's just say I said FOAD a lot, only I didn't abbreviate)

~ I got into a fight w/ this girl at my old school & now she's gonna send her friend to kick the shit out of me..... when all I said was that I didn't like her

~ My friend got the shit kicked out of him by his dad a couple weeks ago, and he's not doing too good....... and he keeps blaming himself when he didn't do anything wrong.....

~ I am physically exhausted

~ I made plans to go out w/ my best friend except everybody else in my house was too busy & already had plans so I couldn't go.... and I'm stuck watching all the kids in my house.... my best friend & I haven't seen each other in over a week and I miss her so much

~ I was talking to my best friend today, and I had an emotional breakdown on the phone and I was in tears & shaking....

And probably the worst of them all.....

~ My parents are going to see U2 next week on 10/27 in NYC........ I have begged them for 2 weeks now to get me a ticket on EBay, and I even offered to pay for it when my next paycheck comes, but they said I couldn't go........

lemons.jpg

Maybe Larry could fix me a drink...... anything that will black me out for the next 2 weeks.......

Something good that is happening?

~ My friend Brit told me that a guy at my new school is interested in me......
~ I found out U2 is going to be on Letterman.....
~ I'm going to go buy Vanity Fair later today

You could solve my problems by........
~ Magically making me 10 years older so I would be out of school
~ Getting me U2 tickets
~ Getting me a way to meet U2
~ One word: $$$
~ Have Larry come to my house, fix me a drink, and sing me to sleep at night......

Thanks for letting me get all that shit out........

And for all you PLEBA ladies whose lives are just as screwed as mine, remember

"It's just a moment, this time will pass...."

[This message has been edited by wildhoney22 (edited 10-21-2001).]

1. I will have a surgery soon, the doctor will take off my gall blader..and I am so scared, I am so eager to get in college and be a doctor but I can't because I don't have money to study in US and here in Mexico you need important friends to get in the college..
frown.gif

2. I have a fiancee that loves me so much and a so great family..
smile.gif

U2_CDG_Airport_Corb4.jpg

4. I just hope that U2 comes to Mexico..
smile.gif

------------------
Winter Halcyon
U2 in ELEVATION

U2 pictures album
http://community.webshots.com/user/winter_halcyon

Ok... my rant:

1) Last week was HELL. I had 5 midterms in 2 days... 3 wednesday and 2 thursday. Then I also had a concert wednesday night and a concert thursday night. Plus 4 other rehersals for those two concerts.

2) Monday when I was in Chicago, my boys didn't even stop to say hello! Damn canadian border people... On top of that Bono's bodyguard came out to apologize for him (what a sweetie!) and told us all that they'd stop tuesday! I couldn't be there tuesday because of my hellish day wednesday and thursday. So knowing that they were stopping tuesday and I wasn't there really really really really depressed me.

3) My dad got laid off last week. He's already over $150,000 in debt because of hospital bills from my stepmother. He was supposed to come down and visit me this weekend, but couldn't because he has no money. He's fighting to keep his head above water and even though I know it's not his fault, every time he tries to plan to come visit me something happens that prevents him from doing so (i.e. losing his job, car breaks down, someone goes into hospital or loses job...).

4) My health is going downhill lately too... I have Cystic Fibrosis and Asthma and also allergies, and I haven't been compliant with my treatments and now my lungs are yelling at me.

5)I haven't had any time at all to get a decent amount of sleep because the only day I could possibly sleep in is Saturdays but I work at 715 in the morning :p as a result, church often gets sacraficed on sundays because I'm just too damn tired to go.

6) As far as singing goes, no one can get ahold of my accompanist at all. My vocal juries are about 6 weeks away and I haven't even met the girl who's supposed to be playing for me yet. And I'm not sure if I'm gonna be ready for all this. GRR!!

7) Then my web company informs me that they'll be upgrading the service to a pay service, and will be taking away my brilliant slide shows!! argh... Now I have to find someplace to put all these great pictures...

Good thing: The U2 concert Monday. I ended up being really close to the band even though I was behind the stage. Smoooooooth criminal Larry Man was about 20 feet away from me at best... (as my friend Kevin so eloquently put it, that's close enough for panty throwing..
biggrin.gif
) I hope my pics came out...

Another good thing: The guy I'm nuts about has agreed to help out a good friend of mine. They're both in the same major, and Beth wants to pick his brain about classes and such... so they're gonna meet and since I don't get to see him very often I'll have to tag along since they don't know eachother and make sure they find eachother okay. And Beth has a bf, so no worries there... I went to high school with him and he's just the most fabulous guy in the world and *sigh* anyway...

bonoerotic.jpg

Luckily Bono sang me a song and it made me feel a little better... Then he offered a little more to me.
biggrin.gif

bonolay1.jpg

Bono: mmmm... c'mon Lisa, climb on top... I'm waaaaiting!

Then Adam gave me a smile:
adam10.gif

*sigh* I need a cigarrette now... after a smile like that!! Or at least a martini.

Oh, and hey Bluey: Where are you going to school? (just curious).
------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then just get on with the rest of the show." -Bono.

My feeble attempt at a website:
U2's Heartland

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 10-21-2001).]

Originally posted by Bonavoix:

bonolay1.jpg

Bono: mmmm... c'mon Lisa, climb on top... I'm waaaaiting!
!!!!!!!!!!!! *is scandalized* That would make ANYONE feel better, though, methinks
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~the Shamrock n rolla!
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Joe Houdini!" ~Charlie Brown~

DREAM OUT LOUD

"Summers when the money was gone you'd sing all your little songs that meant every thing to me."~Remy Zero~

I probably could list at least 5 reasons why I'm in a sucky mood....but they probably all come down to one thing ...PMS..LOL
wink.gif

really, I'm down because it looks like the Notre Dame show is going to be the only one I see this leg...(and I feel guilty over being down over this becasuse...YES I know there are people NOT even seeing them this leg)but none the less...it's a long story that I wont go into, but it comes from me thinking I don't take enough chances in my life,like if I want to go to Vegas...go to Vegas, quit being wimp...but like I said we wont go there....don't have the time anyway!!!!

Good things happen to me all the time ...my friends and family are in good health and everone is happy ,life's going good right now....(considering what going on in the world)I should'nt be bitching at all...

010617r4-10crp-u2.jpg

My two favorite guys.....awwww..feel the love
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

How could my problem or problems be solved...lets see.....I think this all stems from me being unsatisfied with my life right now...work , personal, the whole nine.. just BORED ya know ?
So a great way to solve that would be a job offer to do ...well hell just about anything...answer phone ,take out garbage...driving Bono around(considering his dangerous driving habits
wink.gif
) for the guys in Dublin....I've always wanted to go there....I could relocate...always a dream of mine...get out from under the family thumb a little...just what I need !!!!!

Thanks for posting this topic Bluey...it's great to vent .......

1. well for me it's a few things - I'm suffering from post-elevation syndrome (montreal and chicago was just too much fun) -i have two more shows to go to though
smile.gif
I know you're all thinking "poor baby"...lol. It just sucks coming home from a trip like that and going back to work...BLAH. I'm having major issues with my job right now too. I honestly dont think I made the right choice. I just this week got a huge raise too - but I just dont know how much I like it anymore. Also - just having issues with my parents who like think I'm still 16. The raise should help some, but i'm tired of pretty much living paycheck to pay check. Plus- it's starting to get dark really early again!
frown.gif

2. One good thing, I have two shows to look forward to next week
smile.gif
I have Bono' guitar pic...lol.

3. I always love an excuse to post this pic...
332694%3B923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3C%3B3%3D44%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323274%3C3%3A389ot1lsi

4. I'd love it if I got to meet the band, that would be enough
smile.gif
I would really love it if could have a conversation with Bono, or get a guitar lesson from Edge
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Edge, it's you she wants...it's you!...I know him! He's in my band!" Bono - Zoo Boston, 1992
- Kathleen -

*hugs all of you!!!!*

I'm not in a particularily shitty mood, but I'm still suffering from post-traumatic U2 disorder, or whatever. I just want to quit school right now and follow them around! Seriously, it would make me so happy.
smile.gif

Plus I'm behind in school right now from last weeks escapades, and I'm smack in the middle
of damn midterms.

Irish.lads.in.Dublin.JPG

What can I say?? I love these guys!

biggrin.gif

------------------
Lift My Days
Light Up My Nights

oh!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

i don't want to get into ranting right now. it'll depress me too much, BUT i must repost this pic because it may be my new favorite. i mean, how can you feel shitty whilst looking at THIS!!!!

Irish.lads.in.Dublin.JPG

awwwww! so adorable! *hugs&kisses to the boys*

thanks for the pic, LadyLemon!

and ***hugs*** to everyone of my PLEBA gals who is visiting this page and feeling angry, depressed, or bad in any ol' way!

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship to the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of the light"

Throws her Dr. Martens at the cd player... puts on the Achtung Baby cd. Excuse me if I drop the F-bomb all over the place.

*sighs*
Funny how I read this thread as Walk On is playing. But here goes:

1.) Why?

- Just got out of midterm week which should be a good thing unless you failed all your midterms.
- I can't go to Salt Lake City to see U2 because of another midterm.
- My band's scattered across 4 freaking time zones!
mad.gif

- Lazy co-workers that make you do all the fucking work while they sit on their rudie-poo-candy-asses and do jack.
- Lazy-ass co-workers who keep fucking up and you end up picking up the pieces and taking the rap from angry customers.
- Bad managers.
- My aunt's boyfriend who doesn't know anything about class, treating a woman right, or respect. (I'm from an ultra-traditional chinese family.)
- Grandparents who talk about buying plots, where they want it, how much it will cost, etc.
- Being left out, excluded, or alienated by your church who is supposed to be Christ-like.
- Not being able to play my bass ultraloud... it's my vent.
- Not being able to snowboard... also another vent.
- Friends who have found that special somebody so they don't call/email/hang out with you anymore.
- Not being able to meet all the cool people here who give much love and support!
- Arrogant people.
- I finally figured out the big deal with Anthrax... and now I'm ultra-scared.
- Selfishness. (Other people's and my own.)
- The limitations to do more for those who aren't as fortunate... who are opressed (politically, economically, socially).
- Death.
- And I suppose, in saying all of this, I have become: unChrist-like, rude, selfish, offensive, insulting, petty, arrogant, and mean.
- I'm not perfect.

2.) Good things happening right now?

- I'm here.
smile.gif

- I can listen to the new U2 album without being arrested.
- I can speak my mind (in my own country, not necessarily here) freely without persecution.
- I have clean clothes to wear, food to eat and a good house to keep me warm.
- I have a family that loves me.
- I can make a difference in another's life through volunteering, etc.

3.) Today, the Edge is my favorite.
E3.jpg

4.) Bono & the Edge would sing Grace to me while Adam gave me a hug and told me that everything I'm doing is sufficient. Larry would pour me a pint of beer.
smile.gif

Weird how Grace is the last song playing as I finish this post...
confused.gif

------------------
Hip Pontiff of Sparkyism

"There's no room for spiritual constitpation here!" - Ian Astbury, The Cult

SlipStream Soul

[This message has been edited by J-Tree (edited 10-21-2001).]

ACK!!!!!!!! help me! i have a rant now!

1. my rant: the water fight picture won't save right on my computer! i can save it, but i can't get it to show up again, AND i can't get it onto snapfish!!

2. good thing.. good thing... oh! i have found my favorite U2 pic thus far!

Irish.lads.in.Dublin.JPG

yes, this picture again
biggrin.gif

4. adorable techie edgie could come over to my house and fix my computer problems! ...and maybe we could do a few other *activities* during his visit... *mind wanders off, hand in hand with edge as they skip along*

oh! right. if anyone could help, please do!
smile.gif
thx!!

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

J-Tree~ WOW to that pic. there is nothing more to say. WOW.

*faint*

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:
J-Tree~ WOW to that pic. there is nothing more to say. WOW.

*faint*

LOL Julie. That was Calgary... a scant 6 months ago. *sighs & reminiceses about U2 playing in her hometown for the first time ever.*

------------------
Hip Pontiff of Sparkyism

"There's no room for spiritual constitpation here!" - Ian Astbury, The Cult

SlipStream Soul

Well first the "I'm lame" thread from yesterday and what I said in it plus some personal problems too. Also my computer is acting up. I feel everyone's pain. AT least we all have U2.

[This message has been edited by GypsyHeartgirl (edited 10-21-2001).]

1. I'm missing not being in US now with my U2 friends seeing U2 live, which I planned to. Instead I'm stuck at work with all customers having pms or something. They are nuts..... Besides that, I'm broke and don't know how to solve my financial problems...
frown.gif

2. Uhhh... Amazing, I can't come up with anything positive!! Oh, well, a very dear friend of mine got her 20 year old dream fulfilled two days ago. It was U2 related and I'm so happy for her.

nI25185.jpg

4. Confirm that they will tour europe and especially do Sweden again.

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

*hugs to all my PLEBA homegirls*

I've read everything y'all are going through and I feel for you all, I really do! What is it with EVERYTHING?? Is there something amiss in the cosmos? EVERYONE I know is having a hard time lately, including me. I haven't been around in the last few days, so when I came here this morning & saw this post I was so relieved to have a place to vent. So, here goes....

1)- My mom (whom I love more than ANYTHING)was diagnosed this week with Lupus, Sjogren's Syndrome & Raynaud's ( all auto-immune diseases and no cure available).
- My dad had to have an arteriogram on Friday to determine if there was significant blockage around his neck to warrant surgery. There wasn't (thank you God cause he's already had a triple bypass & he's 69 yrs old, though he doesn't look a day over 55)
- I miss all of my friends so much! They're all scattered across the country now: Dallas, New Orleans, Portland OR, Florida...I wanna get out of AL but I can't do it right now.
- I recently lost a beloved cousin too early to cancer- she was only 33. She was so beautiful inside & out. So kind & generous. She was the epitome of "grace". My whole family is still in shock over it because we had been told that after 3 yrs, she was finally cancer free... but her frail little body was so weak & tired...she hemorraged and there was nothing that they could do.
- Two weeks later, my Grandmother had a stroke and after a few days she passed away. She's had Altzheimer's for several years and it had gotten BAD. I'm glad she's not in that state anymore and that she's not suffering any longer. I really loved her. We were so close before the Altzheimer's took her.
- For months I had looked forward to seeing U2. It was to be our light at the end of the tunnel. I say "our" because of my best friend in New Orleans. You see, we saw them in Atlanta on March 30th and it was amazing although we couldn't get to Atlanta in time for the heart. I hadn't seen Jen in months since she had moved. She had to fly in for the show and we were so happy to see each other for a whole weekend & see our boys play in Atlanta. She went home on April 1st to find that the night before her husband had had a terrible accident. He fell from the balcony (the old, rotted railing broke)of their apartment in the Quarter and almost died. He landed feet first, which saved his life, but it broke both of his legs and crushed both of his ankles. He did have a head injury, so he was in a coma for a few days. They don't really know anyone in New Orleans, so no one notified her when it happened. Her husband has nearly total amnesia (he didn't remember HER at first and doesn't remember moving to New Orleans at all), he can't taste or smell anything, can't walk yet- he'll have to learn all over again, and of course he can't work. So, it's all on her. She cries all of the time. She has ZERO time to herself to do anything. She's lost 30 lbs. from not having time to eat and from being stressed out all the time. One of the first days after the accident, she told me that she just passed out on the sidewalk on the way to work. That first week she also had to find a new place (ground level) for them to live and move everything by herself. SO.... we were both looking forward to one thing: U2 in concert and us in the heart. We've both loved them for nearly 20 yrs and we thought: "dammit! we need to be in that heart!" But, U2 aren't coming to the southeast (we were hoping for Nashville or New Orleans) and she can't leave her husband to fly off to God-knows-where. And I can't go without her...I just couldn't do that. So, it's depressing as hell. And I feel selfish complaining about a U2 concert when there are people grieving for their lost loved ones, kids without parents, and utter chaos because of terrorism. But I wanted it for my friend as much as anything...I figured she could use a break- just ONE NIGHT to see her favorite band in the whole freakin' world and to have a good time for a few hours.

2)My Dad won't have to have surgery. I am alive & healthy & I have a wonderful family that loves me. I still have anti-depressants.
I still have my sense of humor- most of the time.

3)Can't post pics yet. I can only admire everyone else's for now.

4)Bono hires a nurse to take care of Jen's husband for a whole weekend and flies the both of us to Vegas for the last show- IN THE HEART and pulls both of us onstage to sing with him. We hang out in Vegas with the guys all night after the show....AND Bono takes us bowling
biggrin.gif

1)
a) midterms. And not having studied for them. ooops.
b) post-elevation depression. ALMOST got Larry's stick but the girl next to me (who also had a sign) caught it when he threw it towards us. Damn. So close. Also, saw Bono when he got out of the car briefly, but was too tongue-tied to ask for an autograph. Frustrating, especially b/c it was my own damn fault.
c) never see my roommate anymore (used to be my bestest friend) now that she's dating one of our very good guy friends (oh, there's SO much more I could say about this, but I'll refrain)
d)want to go to Vegas sooooo badly but can't. You know, money (lack of), school and parents (both too much of, it seems)
e) oh yeah, I have no idea what I want to do with my life, short of stalking various members of U2, which hardly qualifies as a admirable lifetime goal.

2) U2 makes me happy. So does PLEBA. So does the fact that I can play on PLEBA to my heart's content here at work
biggrin.gif

3) Here's a serious one of my darling Adam:

gI36718.jpg

Now here's a silly one of my little Sparky-poo:

Adam.jpg

Hope those worked *crosses fingers*

4) Adam could let me run his fingers through that glorious blond fro of his. Well, not anymore he can't, but what do time constraints mean to me? Nothing! HA! Seriously, he could just smile at me, hold my hand and give me a big hug and a kiss. Yeah, that would do it
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane."
-Adam, The Simpsons

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:

gI36718.jpg

Adam could also let me be his "21st Century Woman." That would do as well...
wink.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane."
-Adam, The Simpsons

*hops up and down anxiously*

ohh! can anyone help me with my pic problem? pleeeeeeeease?? *whine*

if you don't know what i'm talkin' about see my last post in this thread. please help!

thanks!
smile.gif

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

hey Winter, my friend just had gallbladder surgery last year, and compared to how it used to be, it was on an outpatient basis (in and out the same day), and they only made a little incision in her belly button...of course, this was here in Dallas, not sure what things are like where you are.
But just take it easy...and don't lift anything heavy for awhile!
smile.gif

disco

Originally posted by Winter Halcyon:
1. I will have a surgery soon, the doctor will take off my gall blader..and I am so scared

*bump*s thread from the days of yore

can anyone help me? i've been working on trying to save this pic, but it won't and i'm sad
frown.gif

problem: i *click* save and it saves, but not as a pic. or at least not as one i can open. can anyone help me out? *puppy dog face*

Irish.lads.in.Dublin.JPG

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

!!!!!!!!!!!YIPPEE-SKIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i figured how how to fix it! yay!!

i am SO happy now!! thanks to all who were trying to help or would have, if they had seen the thread before i fixed my problem!

yahooooooooooooooooo!

P.S. "yippee-skippee"? where did THAT come from?? lol! isn't that something Miss Piggy says? oh, i don't know...

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

Back
Top Bottom