Ali's donation for Concern Fundraiser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Celebrities Donate Handbags for Concern Fundraiser

A dazzling array of celebrities have donated their favorite handbags and wallets to help Concern Worldwide raise money at a fundraiser in Chicago. Celebrities, including Cindy Crawford, Cher, Gabriel Byrne and Natasha Richardson, responded to Concern?s request for bags to auction at the Brigid Awards Luncheon on January 31st.

Actresses Joan Cusack and Isabella Rosselini have sent purses, as well as former First Ladies, Barbara Bush and Nancy Regan. Other well-known donors include Pia Lindstrom (one of who?s bags was a gift from her mother Ingrid Bergman), singer Judy Collins, Ali Hewson (wife of U2 star Bono) and jazz composer Dave Brubeck, who sent an autographed wallet. Designers Lesley Hsu and Louise Kennedy have also provided their own creations for the auction.

Well known Chicagoans, Maggie Daley, Lieutenant Governor Pat Quinn, Anna Davlantes and George Wendt (Norm of Cheers) have also shown their support by sending handbags and wallets for the auction.

At the 2002 Brigid Awards Luncheon, handbags donated by celebrities such as Barbara Walters and author Marian Keyes, who has given another one this year, helped Concern to raise a record amount for the event.

Many of this year?s bags are already available on www.ebay.com under the search code concern ww, so everyone has the opportunity to bid on the famous bags.

Concern?s Brigid Awards Luncheon takes place every year to honor women of justice, compassion and generosity. The event raises funds for Concern?s work overseas. For more information on the event go to www.concernusa.org/Brigid.

Go Ali, Go Ali!

:dance: :dance:

What U2 fan wouldn't want that, knowing Bono had probably touched it ;)

Bono: "Ali, I'm a little short of cash right now and I'm on my way to the pub."

Ali: "Right over there in my purse, darling!"

Bono picks up purse, digs out money. Ali donates the purse. You buy it. Not many degrees of separtion from Bono!

Back
Top Bottom