Ali Will Be Given Honorary Degree Next Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Bono's Wife Honored for Mercy Missions to Help Chernobyl Kids
The Express, June 20, 2002
Mark Jagasia

The wife of U2 frontman Bono will be given a degree for her mercy missions to the nuclear wasteland of Chernobyl.

Beautiful mother-of-four Ali Hewson will become the latest in a string of celebrity graduates when she is awarded the honorary degree next week at the National University of Ireland in Galway.

Anti-Sellafield campaigner, Ali, who recently organised more than a million protest postcards to be delivered to Downing Street, already has a degree in social science and politics from Trinity College University in Dublin. Chernobyl campaigner Adi Roche will join Ali at the ceremony and she will also be granted a degree. And by picking up her honorary gong Ali follows in the footsteps of her rockstar husband, as well as Bob Geldof and cook Myrtle Allen. Footballer Roy Keane donned a mortar board and cape recently to receive a doctorate in law. And President Mary McAleese and Nobel Peace Prize Laureate John Hume have also been conferred with doctorates.

Ali, 41, who lives in a Dublin mansion overlooking the Irish Sea, has been on several aid missions to Chernobyl and Belarus with the Chernobyl Children's Project. More than 8,500 children have been brought to Ireland to recuperate and over 60 have had life-saving operations.

Anti-death penalty campaigner Sister Helen Prejean, who had her book Dead Man Walking turned into a film, will also be honoured.

Yay Ali!

Erm ... the article said that the university had given Bono an honorary doctorate degree ... so *cough* ... does that mean we can formally call him Dr. Bono?

Sorry ... back to the Ali love ...

Bonochick your post reminded me of the "I wanna be like Mike" Gatorade commercial from the 80's...

Sometimes I dream

That she is me

Bono's got to see that's how I dream to be

I dream I move, I dream I groove

Like Ali

If I could Be Like Ali

Like Ali

Oh, if I could Be Like Ali

Be like Ali, Be with Bono

Again I try

Just need to fly

For just one day if I could

Be Bono's Wife

I dream we move

I dream we groove

Like Ali

If I could Be Like Ali

LMAO...sorry that was my lame attempt at making that funny...

*hopes people remember that commercial*

Ali is an amazing woman. Bono is a lucky man.
Fishy <><

this is so amazing...i am so relieved there a people like Ali and Bono in this world...without them, think of all the SHIT that even more people would have to suffer....

and least those two care and care enough to DO something...and that gets me moving to help out, too....

She is the dreamer, she's imagination

Inspiring, truly! Bono is a lucky guy. Congratulations to her! It always feels good to have hard work recognized.

Back
Top Bottom