Ali thread #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gluey said:
Thanks for posting that. What a wonderful, caring & selfless thing to do.
:up:

:up: There was a similar story in another book about Paula, Michael and Bob (can't remember its title mind) where at the time when Paula and Michael had just started their affair and they were all being hounded by the press, Bono and Ali invited Paula and Bob to stay with them for a while in Dublin to try and sort their marriage out. Bob apparently wasn't impressed at all though when he spotted a photo of Michael on Ali's fridge which she'd forgotten to take down :yikes:

Niamh_Saoirse said:
From Trouble Brewin: A True Story of Sex, Murder, Love and Betrayal. It's a book on Paula Yate's death.

TroubleBrewing.jpg

thankyou for the excerpt. i'm not sure i understand completely. so the person who wrote the book and paula yates spend christmas with the hewsons, after michael H. passing. who is the author?
it's not surprising to see how Ali seems to be a consistent friend when there is obviously a need. it's sad to know how things ended for paula.

Greenlight said:
:up:

:up: There was a similar story in another book about Paula, Michael and Bob (can't remember its title mind) where at the time when Paula and Michael had just started their affair and they were all being hounded by the press, Bono and Ali invited Paula and Bob to stay with them for a while in Dublin to try and sort their marriage out. Bob apparently wasn't impressed at all though when he spotted a photo of Michael on Ali's fridge which she'd forgotten to take down :yikes:

I guess the fridge photo was an Ali OOPS !! :lmao:

It does show that while Ali is truly a wonderful person, she is only human.

:angel: :hug:

I always find it amusing when an ex gets upset over a mutual friend having pics or associating with their ex.....why shouldn't Ali be allowed to have pics of whoever she chooses on her fridge!! :shrug:

:giggle:

Ok, that's enough heavy stuff for me.... :wink:

thankyou said:

thankyou for the excerpt. i'm not sure i understand completely. so the person who wrote the book and paula yates spend christmas with the hewsons, after michael H. passing. who is the author?
it's not surprising to see how Ali seems to be a consistent friend when there is obviously a need. it's sad to know how things ended for paula.

The author is Belinda Brewin. She was a close friend of Paula and Tiger Lily's godmother.

_41193981_yates203.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't notice that. She is so cool because she is so natural. No dripping jewels, pounds of makeup, skimpy clothes.
Just classy and beautiful.

Thank you, I've never seen this picture, it's great!

I wonder if Ali took her daughters to see Justin Timberlake. I think I once read in an interview that JoJo is a fan of his. It's rather unusual that the mother goes to see JT, but not the teenage daughters.

kellyahern said:

I really love the pic of Ali sitting under the pic of Bono and Jeffrey Sachs. :up:

Thanks so much for posting these, kelly. :dancing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom