Ali Thread # 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AliandOrli.jpg

Niamh_Saoirse said:
Thanks for the link, Kafrun!

Is it just me or do they look a bit uncomfortable with the whole videotaping situation?
They look tolerant of it at best.. Ali only really looks uncomfortable at the end. I notice she says "Too close, too close". I don't know what she's referring to though :scratch: Though I did notice the cameraman either doesn't know how to hold a camera or is very interested in her cleavage right at the end there :eyebrow:

kafrun said:

They look tolerant of it at best.. Ali only really looks uncomfortable at the end. I notice she says "Too close, too close". I don't know what she's referring to though :scratch: Though I did notice the cameraman either doesn't know how to hold a camera or is very interested in her cleavage right at the end there :eyebrow:

Right after she says "too close, too close" she says "I'm older" so she must be joking about not wanting any "wrinkles" or whatever in the picture. Or she is just politely trying to get the camera out of her face!! :lol:

Ali is SO BEAUTIFUL, especially when she has a smile on her face. She has a radiant smile, never saw something like that before.
For the first time i saw a bit flirting side of her. I am obviously the only one. I dont see her as being uncomfortable.

girlhappy said:
Ali is SO BEAUTIFUL, especially when she has a smile on her face. She has a radiant smile, never saw something like that before.
For the first time i saw a bit flirting side of her. I am obviously the only one. I dont see her as being uncomfortable.

i agree- i think she looks like she's having fun in the video, and is even acting a bit silly when getting her pic taken with that random guy, saying "smile tony, smile!" very cute! :cute: she is a gorgeous woman, and bono is lucky to have her. :)

Ali firm propped by loans

EDUN, the fairtrade fashion label established by Bono's wife Ali Hewson, is being propped up by shareholder loans, according to most recent company documents.

"The company meets its day-to-day working capital requirements by way of loans from its shareholders which are unsecured and interest free," notes the latest accounts for 2005.

"The shareholders have confirmed that they willnot seek repayment of the loans for the foreseeable future and will provide the fairtrade company with sufficient finance to ensure the continued operation of the company."

The ethically driven Edun had $4.3m in bank loans outstanding at year end, with charges registered to both ACC Bank and Bank of Ireland. Some $3.9m was due in loans from shareholders. The borrowings were secured by a $6m guarantee from shareholders.

Wow..:ohmy: ..hmm i wish I could get some stock in their companies.. edun.. elevation partners...maybe one day they bill be huge enough

DID YOU EVER KNOW THAT YOU'RE MY HERO? She's the real thing

str20070121200702031840021_001.jpg

Taragh Loughrey-Grant on Ali Hewson The Channel 6 TV presenter pays homage to the first lady of Irish pop

ALIHewson has become a hero to me because, in this WAG world we now occupy, where celebrity in itself is seen as an achievement and Jordan, Posh, et al are seen as lamplighters for our nation's female adolescents, Ali Hewson is a shining example of a determined and indomitable figure. She is a true role model, and one of beautiful, sophisticated restraint, while simultaneously fulfilling her duties as a caring mother and supportive partner.

From the outside she has it all - a wealthy, famous husband in Bono, four gorgeous kids, a stunning mansion overlooking the sea in Killiney and numerous other homes dotted around the world. She manages, in her 40s, to be one of the most attractive women in Ireland, a natural beauty with her own sense of style that doesn't waver with passing trends.

It's what she has done with her fortune and good luck that I admire. Unlike far too many celebrity wives who goldfish their lips to every second 'important issue', Ali is consistent in her humanitarian efforts.

I have interviewed her on several occasions and found her to be gracious, gentle, intelligent and selfless, always pushing the spotlight away from herself and onto one of the numerous causes that she supports.

The one that seems closest to her heart is her work with the victims of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster and only last week, with the help of her longtime aid partner, Adi Roche, she effortlessly assembled some of the world's best-known supermodels for a Brown Thomas fashion show in Cork, with all proceeds and earnings going towards the Chernobyl Children's Project (CCP).

Born Ali Stewart, she started going out with Bono, then Paul Hewson, when she was 14 and they were both students at Mount Temple school in Clontarf. She was there for him following the death of his mother when he was only 14, helping him to cope in practical ways with everyday life, as well as supporting him emotionally. She cooked and cleaned for him, and helped with school too, making sure that he actually got there! They married in 1982, when she was just 21, and she sacrificed her own wish to become a nurse to support him and his musical dreams. However, a few years later she went onto to study for her BA in Sociology and Political Science in UCD and graduated in 1989, just after their first child, Jordan, was born.

Like many great Irish women, Ali is proof that you don't have to give up on your own dreams when you marry and raise a family.

With a little planning and a lot of hard work, she's managed to do both. Ali and Bono have four children together, two girls - Jordan (18) and Eve (16) - and two boys - Elijah (8) and John Abraham (6). She has stuck by Bono through thick and thin, and through the tough times that almost every marriage experiences, made all the more difficult by his high-profile lifestyle.

Ali is one of the few well-known rock-star wives with a reputation for being a good human being and an active campaigner, using it to affect change in the political world as well as the music and fashion industries.

She stood side by side with Greenpeace against the Sellafield reprocessing plant, and co-produced and narrated the 1993 Irish-made film Black Wind, White Land, which highlighted the plight of Chernobyl victims in Belarus, Russia and the Ukraine following the nuclear disaster.

AShe has travelled and appeared extensively with Bono when participating in activist events, such as campaigning against third-world poverty, and is also the driving force behind the Edun fashion label, which encourages fair trade with thirdworld nations. The company is a shining example to all companies who are currently producing their wares through the use of child labour and sweatshops.

One of the only times that Ali really was in the U2 spotlight was back in 1998 when she appeared in the video of 'The Sweetest Thing', which documented Bono's humble apology to her for forgetting her birthday.

Showing her compassionate, charitable and selfless character once again, she donated all of the proceeds of the song to a charity for the victims of Chernobyl. The Cranberries were so impressed with her work for CCP that they dedicated their song 'Time Is Ticking Out' to her.

Ali Hewson is a testament to all the hard work that working mothers put in on a dayto-day basis. She has achieved so much, whilst making omelettes all over the world, but you hardly ever hear her break any eggs. Say you want a revolution or a quiet riot? Ali can do both, and do it with class.

» Taragh Loughrey-Grant is a nominee for TV Personality of The Year at the Annual Irish Film and Television Awards on 7 February (www. ifta. ie)

Ali certainly seems to wear the mantle of celebrity with a quiet dignity and an impressive reserve. It's a great pity other female celebs don't follow her example and make us proud to be women. Sometimes these 'celeb types' make me cringe with their open 'spoilt brat' personalities. I bet Bono is extremely proud of her and pleased with himself that she's there beside him.

great article :yes:

:shh: but the childrens' ages are all 1 too many... I guess they only paid attention to the year of birth, not the dates...

Niamh_Saoirse said:
DID YOU EVER KNOW THAT YOU'RE MY HERO? She's the real thing

str20070121200702031840021_001.jpg

Taragh Loughrey-Grant on Ali Hewson The Channel 6 TV presenter pays homage to the first lady of Irish pop

ALIHewson has become a hero to me because, in this WAG world we now occupy, where celebrity in itself is seen as an achievement and Jordan, Posh, et al are seen as lamplighters for our nation's female adolescents, Ali Hewson is a shining example of a determined and indomitable figure. She is a true role model, and one of beautiful, sophisticated restraint, while simultaneously fulfilling her duties as a caring mother and supportive partner.

From the outside she has it all - a wealthy, famous husband in Bono, four gorgeous kids, a stunning mansion overlooking the sea in Killiney and numerous other homes dotted around the world. She manages, in her 40s, to be one of the most attractive women in Ireland, a natural beauty with her own sense of style that doesn't waver with passing trends.

It's what she has done with her fortune and good luck that I admire. Unlike far too many celebrity wives who goldfish their lips to every second 'important issue', Ali is consistent in her humanitarian efforts.

I have interviewed her on several occasions and found her to be gracious, gentle, intelligent and selfless, always pushing the spotlight away from herself and onto one of the numerous causes that she supports.

The one that seems closest to her heart is her work with the victims of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster and only last week, with the help of her longtime aid partner, Adi Roche, she effortlessly assembled some of the world's best-known supermodels for a Brown Thomas fashion show in Cork, with all proceeds and earnings going towards the Chernobyl Children's Project (CCP).

Born Ali Stewart, she started going out with Bono, then Paul Hewson, when she was 14 and they were both students at Mount Temple school in Clontarf. She was there for him following the death of his mother when he was only 14, helping him to cope in practical ways with everyday life, as well as supporting him emotionally. She cooked and cleaned for him, and helped with school too, making sure that he actually got there! They married in 1982, when she was just 21, and she sacrificed her own wish to become a nurse to support him and his musical dreams. However, a few years later she went onto to study for her BA in Sociology and Political Science in UCD and graduated in 1989, just after their first child, Jordan, was born.

Like many great Irish women, Ali is proof that you don't have to give up on your own dreams when you marry and raise a family.

With a little planning and a lot of hard work, she's managed to do both. Ali and Bono have four children together, two girls - Jordan (18) and Eve (16) - and two boys - Elijah (8) and John Abraham (6). She has stuck by Bono through thick and thin, and through the tough times that almost every marriage experiences, made all the more difficult by his high-profile lifestyle.

Ali is one of the few well-known rock-star wives with a reputation for being a good human being and an active campaigner, using it to affect change in the political world as well as the music and fashion industries.

She stood side by side with Greenpeace against the Sellafield reprocessing plant, and co-produced and narrated the 1993 Irish-made film Black Wind, White Land, which highlighted the plight of Chernobyl victims in Belarus, Russia and the Ukraine following the nuclear disaster.

AShe has travelled and appeared extensively with Bono when participating in activist events, such as campaigning against third-world poverty, and is also the driving force behind the Edun fashion label, which encourages fair trade with thirdworld nations. The company is a shining example to all companies who are currently producing their wares through the use of child labour and sweatshops.

One of the only times that Ali really was in the U2 spotlight was back in 1998 when she appeared in the video of 'The Sweetest Thing', which documented Bono's humble apology to her for forgetting her birthday.

Showing her compassionate, charitable and selfless character once again, she donated all of the proceeds of the song to a charity for the victims of Chernobyl. The Cranberries were so impressed with her work for CCP that they dedicated their song 'Time Is Ticking Out' to her.

Ali Hewson is a testament to all the hard work that working mothers put in on a dayto-day basis. She has achieved so much, whilst making omelettes all over the world, but you hardly ever hear her break any eggs. Say you want a revolution or a quiet riot? Ali can do both, and do it with class.

» Taragh Loughrey-Grant is a nominee for TV Personality of The Year at the Annual Irish Film and Television Awards on 7 February (www. ifta. ie)

Thanks for this wonderful article! :up: I've always wanted to see the 'Black Wind, White Land' documentary she made, does any one know if there's a downloadable file available anywhere? :wink:

And BonoFox what function are those last 4 pics of Ali from? :ohmy:

Last edited:
hcbiggs2002 said:

Thanks for this wonderful article! :up: I've always wanted to see the 'Black Wind, White Land' documentary she made, does any one know if there's a downloadable file available anywhere? :wink:

Fashion grand prix: Marie Claire magazine award 2005 at French Embassy,Madrid 17/11/2005

^^that's what it says on the caption on the one but last pic :)

hcbiggs2002 said:

well I've searched for it, but never found it.... it's not on dvd or anything either... :sigh:

hcbiggs2002 said:

I have copy of the documentary but it´s in VHS. :lol:

And I´m not sure I have the right equipment to upload it to my puter. :|

I´d be more than happy to share it with you guys if somebody could told me how to do this. :D

Niamh_Saoirse said:

I have copy of the documentary but it´s in VHS. :lol:

And I´m not sure I have the right equipment to upload it to my puter. :|

I´d be more than happy to share it with you guys if somebody could told me how to do this. :D

you would need a video capturer card (like pinnacle dc 10) and probably a trascoder (if the video is PAL N)
maybe a tv capturer card will do it, any video card that is able to capture from analog and convert it to bits will work

DareMo Shiranai said:

you would need a video capturer card (like pinnacle dc 10) and probably a trascoder (if the video is PAL N)
maybe a tv capturer card will do it, any video card that is able to capture from analog and convert it to bits will work

Thank you guys!

I´ll look into it when I get home tonight. Back to work now. :)

God love her, she's sooo beautiful but, that dress, shoes and handbag.........It looks like she put black curtains on.
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom