Ali thread 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure Ali gave him a piece of her mind once they got home for the evening..:laugh:

Just thought I might post this.
I was curious too see what Ali would look like at B's funeral...may it not be too soon.

I wasn't sure of the exact haircolor though:

aliblonde2.jpg

aliblonde1.jpg

Hope I didn't upset anyone, just read the book about Bono by Michka Assayas and you'll get the idea.
I couldn't find the exact quote at the moment, please forgive me.
;)

Last edited:
The_Edge89 said:
Just thought I might post this.
I was curious too see what Ali would look like at B's funeral...may it not be too soon.

I wasn't sure of the exact haircolor though:

aliblonde2.jpg

aliblonde1.jpg

Hope I didn't upset anyone, just read the book about Bono by Michka Assayas and you'll get the idea.
I couldn't find the exact quote at the moment, please forgive me.
;)

Sorry but I find this disturbing...:confused: I can't really see the object of doing it..

Total U2 Nut said:
^ Ditto.

What was the point behind that idea :eyebrow:

Ok so sorry, I decided to remove the pics now.

I just couldn't imagine Ali as a blonde when Bono said he would like her to dye her hair blonde, so...yeah, well.

I apologize if anyone was deeply offended by my silly foolish act.
Could a moderator please delete my post, since I don't want more people to get upset by it!
That wasn't really my intention.

:( x100000000000000000000000000000^10000000000000000

:banghead: I'll be more careful before posting things like this in the future....if ever again:banghead:

So very truly sorry!:sad:

Last edited:
youvedonewhat said:

Sorry but I find this disturbing...:confused: I can't really see the object of doing it..

I found it kind of amusing myself. For those of you who missed the reference, here's the scoop:

In the Assayas book, Bono explains that he has all of the details of his own funeral worked out. He describes how he wants all of his pallbearers to be women, and he wants Ali to be one of them. He also says he wants all of these women to dye their hair blond, including their pubic hair, LOL! He doesn't really explain why, but perhaps it's better that way.

Wait a minute...you mean people got pissed off because someone had photoshopped Ali's hair blond? :huh:

wow. :|

Thanks for posting the qoute, biff.

I don't want you lot to think I'm a lunatic or anything so let me just state once and for all that I really respect Ali for what she's been doing and for her personality and compassion and all about her, she is a great human being, and more people should follow her example.
I really regret my action and I once again apologize to those hat got hurt or offended in any way, that was not my intention you have to trust me on my words.

I don't know what more to say really than that I'm sorry and I felt really bad for what I did.
I feel like whatever more I'm gonna write next will turn out wrong and people will think even more bad of me, so I'm gonna stop writing anything more to this post, and I hope I can be forgiven.
I mean I think there's worse things in this world to be upset about, right?

:wave:Love and peace? :heart:
:sigh:

Last edited:
blueeyedgirl said:
Given the reference quoted by Biff I'm actually disappointed that the pics were only of the hair on her head but that's me... :wink:

:lol:

The_Edge, don't worry about it. Maybe some people just weren't aware of the quote. I don't think you did anything wrong.

The_Edge89 said:
Thanks for posting the qoute, biff.

I don't want you lot to think I'm a lunatic or anything so let me just state once and for all that I really respect Ali for what she's been doing and for her personality and compassion and all about her, she is a great human being, and more people should follow her example.
I really regret my action and I once again apologize to those hat got hurt or offended in any way, that was not my intention you have to trust me on my words.

I don't know what more to say really than that I'm sorry and I felt really bad for what I did.
I feel like whatever more I'm gonna write next will turn out wrong and people will think even more bad of me, so I'm gonna stop writing anything more to this post, and I hope I can be forgiven.
I mean I think there's worse things in this world to be upset about, right?

The_Edge89, I understand your reference to the Bono on Bono book regarding The B planning his own funeral and I can see why you wanted to post pix of Ali with blond hair. In fact they are interesting to see. However, I feel uncomfortable about discussing Bono's funeral. It feels macabre and unpleasant. I'd much rather be discussing/seeing pix of Ali with her hair dyed at some other event but that's just my own personal opinion.

That said, please don't stop posting stuff. No one feels bad about you.

:hug:

Sometimes it's hard to get what you mean across to people online and people get the wrong idea or take offence. It's easily done. Now I understand in what way you intended to express yourself, I understand fully. I guess it just came as a shock to see someone imagining Ali at her husbands funeral.

:sad:

youvedonewhat said:

Sometimes it's hard to get what you mean across to people online and people get the wrong idea or take offence. It's easily done. Now I understand in what way you intended to express yourself, I understand fully. I guess it just came as a shock to see someone imagining Ali at her husbands funeral.

:sad:

Thank you very much, seems like you really had the right words that I was looking for all the time, YDW.
English isn't my native language so I guess that's just natural for me, but I still think I can manage above the average level for a person that's learning English.

It really came out the wrong way, and I realized my mistake too late, but I've been trying to make up for that since then. I know I would have been reacting the same way if some one used Bono's name together with the f-word at least now, when he is a healthy happy rockstar ready to rock the world again.

For the last time, I want to apologize to everyone who was offended, shocked hurt or angry because of my stupid action.

Hope to be with you all in the PGP's again, I've been awfully busy lately.
Love and Peace then...I guess.

blueeyedgirl said:
Yes, yes, but I want to see ALI with the blonde hair!!!!

You will have to do it yourself then, because I don't have it anymore. ;)

The_Edge89 said:

Don't worry :wink: S'all good.... I've read the Bono on Bono book, but I didn't remember that particular quote, I just thought you randomly photoshopped a pic of Ali at B's funeral.

Sorry if I came across as queenbitchoftheyear.

Before I forget: Lies (Sorry if I got your name wrong, but I'll never be able to spell it properly. heheh), I've been asked by a few South American U2 fans to congratulate you on the Ali website. They say it rocks!

Niamh_Saoirse said:
Before I forget: Lies (Sorry if I got your name wrong, but I'll never be able to spell it properly. heheh), I've been asked by a few South American U2 fans to congratulate you on the Ali website. They say it rocks!

Wow, thanks! And you got it right :)

I got another e-mail addressed to Ali today. It's getting annoying. You have to click on the Contact page to get the e-mail address, so how do people miss the part where I don't HAVE her contact info and if I DID I would NOT give it out.

Liesje said:

Wow, thanks! And you got it right :)

I got another e-mail addressed to Ali today. It's getting annoying. You have to click on the Contact page to get the e-mail address, so how do people miss the part where I don't HAVE her contact info and if I DID I would NOT give it out.

Because most people don't care to read stuff... :rolleyes:

Galeongirl said:

Because most people don't care to read stuff... :rolleyes:

Must be. Most times, it's fan mail in very broken English (mostly from Brazil and northern South America), so I can understand that they haven't exactly read the page, but this was a Dutch publication. Perfect English, professionally written correspondence. Sorry guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom