Ali goes to London!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*Ally*

New Yorker
While Bono was probably still out partying after the Hot Press awards
wink.gif
Ali went to 10 Downing Street today to deliver her Shut Sellafield postcard to Tony Blair in person. Here's the full story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/england/newsid_1951000/1951146.stm

and a photo of Ali delivering her card:
_1952978_ali300.jpg

how cool is she???
smile.gif

Blargh! I posted those on the Ally fuzzies thread. I knew if I didn't start a new one someone else would.

sorry, Stormy!!!!
frown.gif
honestly, i didn't mean to steal your thunder!! are there more pics from today? if so, please post 'em in this thread too!!!

smile.gif

here's another photo of ali from today:
4161642522.jpg

Originally posted by Bonochick:
It's not that big of a deal, Stormy...it doesn't matter who starts the thread!

It's not that or that I want any 'thunder.' It's that I know you and Sicy always like us to use available threads when we can, so when I find something new I usually do that to spare another thread, then within like 15 minutes someone else starts the new thread anyway so I might as well have, and it became frustrating to see it happen again. Sigh, guess I've learned my lesson. It's hopeless and no one looks at old threads. You have to start a new one or no one will notice. That's the way it is now.

It is a very awesome campaign that she has started. I would like to help in some way so I checked out the site www.shutsellafield.com and it seems like there's not much Americans can do for the campaign. There's a visitor guestbook/online petition so I left a message but it never showed up. (You have to choose from the menu what country you're from and the USA is not even on the menu!
confused.gif
)

I guess maybe thru Greenpeace we could help out.

I've been reading all about it and it is a very scary situation IF anything were to happen. There is a nuclear reactor plant about 90 miles from New York City, I don't even want to think of what would happen if there were another attack on us.

If anyone finds out how we could help, please post.
smile.gif

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

Originally posted by u2loopy:
It is a very awesome campaign that she has started. I would like to help in some way so I checked out the site www.shutsellafield.com and it seems like there's not much Americans can do for the campaign. There's a visitor guestbook/online petition so I left a message but it never showed up. (You have to choose from the menu what country you're from and the USA is not even on the menu!
confused.gif
)

I've been reading all about it and it is a very scary situation IF anything were to happen. There is a nuclear reactor plant about 90 miles from New York City, I don't even want to think of what would happen if there were another attack on us.

smile.gif

That's probably because if Sellafield exploded it still wouldn't directly affect people in America however it is great that you want to get involved and you should be able to leave a message as someone who has friends/relatives there or just someone who cares about humanity as a whole. It's nice to know people across the pond (so to speak) care
smile.gif
Thanks

Love and peace

Gypsy

Ali is the coolest. How often do I say that? But it's so true.

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

Originally posted by u2loopy:
confused.gif
)

smile.gif

i have noticed that the USA is left off of the list, however America Somoa (sp) is on the list
confused.gif
I felt like doing something, since i can't donate to this cause, I made a donation to the Chernobyl Childern's Project.

Back
Top Bottom