Ali 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thankyou said:

Wow, Guggi? That's almost like touching Bono? hahaha. Pretty close though, considering how those two are big buds.
Did he tells any fun stories or anything? I thought I read somewhere that he referred to the audience as "little belgian chocolates or something like that" at one point? I probably got it wrong.
I'm so happy you had a chance to be there! Yeah, the vibes must have been out of this world, it being their opening show!!

He said something like this: "Come on you big box of chocolates I'm going to take a bite out of you" :D. He also referred to Brussels als the capital of Zooropa :wink:.
It was so amazing because you just didn't know what to expect. Especially during the encores, I was just staring at screen.
Did he have a little camera on his microphone during the encores in America ? It was so scary to see Bono's mouth on a big sreen.

*purple iris* said:

He said something like this: "Come on you big box of chocolates I'm going to take a bite out of you" :D. He also referred to Brussels als the capital of Zooropa :wink:.
It was so amazing because you just didn't know what to expect. Especially during the encores, I was just staring at screen.
Did he have a little camera on his microphone during the encores in America ? It was so scary to see Bono's mouth on a big sreen.

No he did not. The shows I went to were not in arenas. we had
smaller screens, usually showing each band member per screen.

thankyou said:

Wow, Guggi? That's almost like touching Bono? hahaha. Pretty close though, considering how those two are big buds.
Did he tells any fun stories or anything? I thought I read somewhere that he referred to the audience as "little belgian chocolates or something like that" at one point? I probably got it wrong.
I'm so happy you had a chance to be there! Yeah, the vibes must have been out of this world, it being their opening show!!

:yes: we're chocolat :D You can hear him say it here:
http://download.you sendit.com/520D492A6BE46DB4
fluister.gif
i'm from west-vlaanderen :shifty:

I don't know if this request going here, but
does anyone have an interview or something where Ali speaks?
I have never heard her voice , and I 'm curious about it.

Best Regards from Mexico :D

u2paddy said:
I don't know if this request going here, but
does anyone have an interview or something where Ali speaks?
I have never heard her voice , and I 'm curious about it.

Best Regards from Mexico :D

I believe liv has a few on her site, www.alihewson.com :) best resource for Ali stuff!

*purple iris* said:

Wow, my memory is even better than I thought. Where in West-Vlaanderen are you from?
Ledegem (near to Roeselare) You probably don't know it, it's a very small village. (Oh, but it was in the news for quite some time last year :nerd: )

eiren said:

Yes I'm spanish, I also saw Milano video, in Marid was the same. We were on the rigth side (fantastic to see Larry and his arms), but we didn't have a great view of TV and lights. I have a lot of photos. In Madrid there was a terrible organitation, I don't want remember it.

The best moment of the night was when Bono dedicated Miss Saraj to the people of 11M and when he said: "Madrid gente de gran corazon y grandes cojones" in english " People of big heart and big...I don't know in english, the balls of the men" sorry if I hurt sensibilities.

oops, eiren, i didnt' get back to you sooner! sorry!
In a way he was saying the people of madrid have a big heart and big courage/gutts? (is that the right interpretation?) that's a nice compliment, even though he said it the "bonoway" :wink:

4035.jpg

can someone please tell me why Bono calls Ali spanish eyes ?
I know she is Irish but is she of hispanic desent ?

U2TRINITY said:
can someone please tell me why Bono calls Ali spanish eyes ?
I know she is Irish but is she of hispanic desent ?

it's the Black hair - Brown eyes thing... that's called spanish look...

Galeongirl said:

it's the Black hair - Brown eyes thing... that's called spanish look...

Yeah, it's just the colorful Irish way to describe someone w/ brown eyes.

According to what I read somewhere, it's supposed to date back to when the British Navy and the Spanish Armada went head-to-head in a naval battle...supposedly some shipwrecked Spanish sailors washed up on Ireland's shore and ended up marrying into the local population! Of course, I have no idea if this is actually true or not...?!?

:scratch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom