Ali 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Souly said:

It's a good thing, she's practically glowing in all these recent pictures. :up:

:yes:

I used to nanny for four kids, 8 hrs a day. It was so much....I can't even describe it. Afterwards I went 3 full years without babysitting anyone but my own cousins! Now I watch a 4 month old with a few minor problems every Monday and that's really all I need right now!

Mothers :bow:

I don't know how snitchy I'm allowed to be, but I just got an e-mail from a journalist who recently interviewed Ali and needed help with something. I hope this means a new interview soon!....

Even thoughit is tomorrow, I just want to be the first to wish Ali a Happy 45th Birthday.

OK ladies, I really need your help. I need to know who took the following photos, or any information about them. It's for someone who wants to publish them, but needs permission first:

photo09.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo26.jpg

photo21.jpg

first one is Anton Corbijn... the third one might be aswell, same serie as the Bono arm in sling set..
the second one looks familiar as the one in the Neil McCormick book, they have the photographer written down there, don't know his name, if yuo don't have the book I'll look up his/her name later, since i gotta go now... the last one I have no idea ..

Galeongirl said:
first one is Anton Corbijn... the third one might be aswell, same serie as the Bono arm in sling set..
the second one looks familiar as the one in the Neil McCormick book, they have the photographer written down there, don't know his name, if yuo don't have the book I'll look up his/her name later, since i gotta go now... the last one I have no idea ..

Thanks! I'll check my McCormick book when I get home...

#2 *might* be by Colm Henry. I think he was a Hot Press photographer and I seem to remember that being taken during a Hot Press photo shoot.

argh! She added more. OK, she wants to use the following photos and needs the info by this Friday (heh...yeah right). If anyone has higher-res copies of these photos, that would also be appreciated!

photo10.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo21.jpg

photo25.jpg

photo26.jpg

photo18.jpg

Some of these are definitely of mysterious origin. This is what I know:
The first pic, in Ethiopia, was in the Into the Heart book, but NO photo credit is given.
The second pic is definitely by Colm Henry.
The third and fifth pics are by Anton Corbijn.
The fourth and sixth pics are unknown. I can't remember where they first appeared. Sorry.

Edited to add Kelly beat me to it on the last one.:mad:

:wink:

Lies, what publication is this for? Will the writer give you a head's up as to when and where the article will appear (and provide each of us with our own copy?:D ) I would have to assume this is an "unauthorized" piece, otherwise pictures would be provided by more official sources.

biff said:
Lies, what publication is this for? Will the writer give you a head's up as to when and where the article will appear (and provide each of us with our own copy?:D ) I would have to assume this is an "unauthorized" piece, otherwise pictures would be provided by more official sources.

I dunno how much I can say, but a journalist who interviewed Ali and Rogan during NYC Fashion Week contacted me because she has many newer pics from photo agencies (like the watermarked ones we post here) but was interested in some of the older black and whites and wondered who the photographers were so she can contact their agencies for permission. I asked her when the interview would run but I think she missed that question. She did say everything is due for printing by this Friday. She also asked questions about the website and why we started it.

I know her name and what paper it's for, but I don't know if it's cool to post yet?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I dunno how much I can say, but a journalist who interviewed Ali and Rogan during NYC Fashion Week contacted me because she has many newer pics from photo agencies (like the watermarked ones we post here) but was interested in some of the older black and whites and wondered who the photographers were so she can contact their agencies for permission. I asked her when the interview would run but I think she missed that question. She did say everything is due for printing by this Friday. She also asked questions about the website and why we started it.

I know her name and what paper it's for, but I don't know if it's cool to post yet?

I don't think it would be wrong to give the name of the paper. It's not like she works for the CIA or anything.

Galeongirl said:
hmm is that paper available in holland?
Biff, it'll be flemish, since the morgen means the morning in flemish/dutch :wink:

Maybe she'll be really nice and send a transcript in English..... :wink:

This is part of what she said in one of the messages:

Hi Lies,

Your name sounds Dutch, but I guess you aren't. [if I only had a dime for everytime I get a comment on the Dutchness of my name I'd be more rich than Bono!]

I met Ali in New York during NY Fashion week. Because I happen to know one
of the press girls, I was invited at the presentation of Eduns second
season. Pretty cool, since there were only 70 other people, and most of
them were artists.

I met her the day after, we sat down for half an hour, together with Rogan
Gregory. She is incredibly nice, and it took a while for her to loosen up,
but we ended up chatting about a lot of stuff, not only politics and Bono.
I noticed afterwards that a lot of what she said she has said before in
some interviews I've found on your website, but I guess that's normal, she
cannot reinvent herself for every journalist passing by, right?

She could be describing Bono there, LOL. They're a couple in everything they do, even in repeating themselves to the press!:wink:

biff said:
She could be describing Bono there, LOL. They're a couple in everything they do, even in repeating themselves to the press!:wink:

No kidding! Despite what she said, I'd still like the interview. Bono was in Cali so no bla bla bla from him. I was watching those streaming videos the other day and Bono was yacking so much Ali hardly got a word in! :madwife:

yeah It'd be nice to have an article with just Ali... however, in our paper (de telegraaf, dutch) there was a huge article about EDUN(one page, A3) and it was an interview with rogan and ali, and a teeeeeny bit of Bono, just some quotes... but it was nice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom