Ali 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thankyou said:
I'm sorry, but does anyone else find this annoying? just because it's julia roberts. Go figure. :tsk: [/B]

Big word. Julia Roberts has always bothered me. And I'm so sick of the "I've given birth; now I give a shit." I've never given birth and plan not to have children, but I've always given a shit.

Thanks for posting that caragriff! "Earth Mother, but not in the dated, patchouli-funk sense of the term" -- I like that! :yes:

" In her quiet way, Ali Hewson elevates our souls."

I love that quote. She quietly does her own thing, she doesn't need a magazine cover. :cute:

thankyou caragriff!

This was e-mailed to me today by mistertoodles :hyper:

5d985746.jpg

Actually, I'm disappointed with that picture. She's so much more beautiful and luminous than that picture would suggest. She looks all strange and tortured and angst-ridden there, like she's about to be shot, or as if she was just betrayed by her best friend. It bugs me that this was the picture VF chose as a way to introduce her image to their vast readership. The photo doesn't even jive with the text. She doesn't look "gorgeously maternal" there. She looks like she's filled with despair. Even her skin tones are blue.

I kind of agree with you biff - that picture really doesnt do her justice at all. But it was lovely to see it, thankyou Kelly and Mistertoodles :)

Sunday Independent - April 9th 2006

Life Magazine

"Ireland's Most Stylish"

#77: Ali Hewson

As the wife of one of Ireland's wealthiest men, she could have anything in the world, yet she seems to like nothing better than life as a stay-at-home mother and wife in Dalkey, with the odd bit of charity work and fair trade-conscious fashion thrown in the mix. The Robin to Adi Roche's Batman, she's dark, quiet, reserved, unfussy and cerebral - a latter-day Jackie O without the ego.

"The odd bit of charity"? :lol: I wouldn't exactly call Ali's work an odd bit. She does loads of stuff that sometimes is not even mentioned in the media!

Niamh_Saoirse said:
Sunday Independent - April 9th 2006

Life Magazine

"Ireland's Most Stylish"

#77: Ali Hewson

As the wife of one of Ireland's wealthiest men, she could have anything in the world, yet she seems to like nothing better than life as a stay-at-home mother and wife in Dalkey, with the odd bit of charity work and fair trade-conscious fashion thrown in the mix. The Robin to Adi Roche's Batman, she's dark, quiet, reserved, unfussy and cerebral - a latter-day Jackie O without the ego.

"The odd bit of charity"? :lol: I wouldn't exactly call Ali's work an odd bit. She does loads of stuff that sometimes is not even mentioned in the media!

dalkey? I thought they lived in kilkenny :huh:

Quote "with the odd bit of charity work and fair trade-conscious fashion thrown in the mix."

they do sort of make it sound like she's doing these things in between a batch of laundry and a quick trip to the grocery store.
:giggle:

Ali's" to do list":
1. get kids off to school
2. clean up breakfast dishes
3. tell Bono where he left cell phone and keys
4. pick up laundry
5. check up on Edun
6. fix lunch
7. run to post office
8. plan Chernobyl benefit
9. remind Bono where he left his wallet
10. stop at grocery store
11. dinner

:wink: :wink: :wink:

thankyou said:
Quote "with the odd bit of charity work and fair trade-conscious fashion thrown in the mix."

they do sort of make it sound like she's doing these things in between a batch of laundry and a quick trip to the grocery store.

Ali's" to do list":
4. pick up laundry
5. check up on Edun
6. fix lunch
7. run to post office
11. dinner

:lol: You know, this list seems entirely realistic. :hmm:

don't forget to tell Bono not to foget his brain.. :wink:
oh niamh, thanks for that.. I ALWAYS spell it wrong... but can somebody tell me what kilkenny is? I swear I"ve read that somewhere.. :scratch:

thankyou said:

Ali's" to do list":
4. pick up laundry
5. check up on Edun
6. fix lunch
7. run to post office
11. dinner

LMFAO! :laugh: :applaud:

Galeongirl said:
don't forget to tell Bono not to foget his brain.. :wink:
oh niamh, thanks for that.. I ALWAYS spell it wrong... but can somebody tell me what kilkenny is? I swear I"ve read that somewhere.. :scratch:

Yeah, it´s pretty easy to get those two names mixed up! :D

That list is funny. Thank goodness for her. She keeps that household and Bono together.

does anyone have ali's pictures with adi roche and JOHN ABRAHAM last sunday i think, with regard with 20 yars of chernobil?
if so could u post them here?
thanks

I was looking for some info about the new convoy when I came across this.

http://www.vertigo-live.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=31

And

Vertigo Live U2 Tribute Band

In a moment of sheer luck, several weeks ago, Derek D. (Marks brother) was playing a gig when who did he see, only Bono. Being a professional, he wasn't going to leave the stage until he was finished the gig.

Fortunaly Derek's girlfriend, Lola, was on hand to help him out. She walked straight up to Bono and told him how much of a fan Derek was. And of course she mentioned Vertigo - Live; and told him all about how the guys will be playing for his wife, Ali Hewson, in Middleton, Cork on Sunday the 9th of April at around 11am (Daytime).

Cool or what, eh?
It gets a little better though. Bono also left a little message for the band along with his autograph. Can you believe that? Well then check this out... Click on the autograph to see Bono's message.

P.S. Hope you like the small changes to the site, most of it's under the hood though.

bono_autograph.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom