Ali 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Galeongirl said:

SALAD DRESSING :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
lol I don't know the guy, really I dont... :lol:
but since Bono is playing in a movie now, this guy does NOT have the most famous blue eyes in movie history!
I don't recognize any of the movies this dude starrs in...

And don't forget the microwave popcorn! :wink:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

And don't forget the microwave popcorn! :wink:

popcorn, good idea! I can sure use some when I'm lost in B's babyblues again... :drool:

ooops, I think I just derailed this thread... :reject:
wellll back to Ali now.... any pics of her and her parents?

kellyahern said:

Was that the one of her in the light blue shirt?

I made an icon out of it, but I can't find the original picture :|:banghead:

Elle.jpg

biff said:

Suddenly I feel very, very old.:(

Umm...yeah, me too.

Not to go offtrack, but Paul Newman doesn't just have his own line of foods. He donates the profits from his food lines to support charities, mostly a camp for kids with cancer that he runs in Connecticut. His charity is one of the most respected, both for what it accomplishes, and for the enormous percentage of funding that actually goes to support the kids rather than administrative overhead.

To bring things back around to topic a bit, I met Paul Newman years ago when he was filming a movie in Boston --- called "Vertigo". You can melt into his eyes too trust me! :drool: And whenever I wonder how you youngsters on this board can possibly find a bunch of mid-40s rockers in the least bit attractive, I think of Paul Newman. He's way better looking than that in pic with Ali.

biff said:
Thanks Cat.:hug:

How are things? Are you having a good break?:wave:

Going okay, I suppose. I'm kicking back and relaxing for the rest of the week. :laze:

First semester was brutal. :crack: Back to school on the 9th.

biff said:

Same here.:(

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. The Sting. Both released years before I was old enough to see them, but still...Paul and Robert Redford were my crushes when I was 13! Before VHS rentals came along (yes-- before DVD's), they used to run classic movies in old movie houses. Butch Cassidy was the first PG13 movie I ever saw!
:ohmy:

Two of the greatest movies of all time.

:sigh:

biff said:

Me too. One last thing about Paul Newman -- he has a thing about shades, too. He said in an interview once that he doesn't like all the talk about his "damned eyes" so tries to hide them. Oh, and he has an awesome wife as well: Joanne Woodward. :)

GracelandHarley said:

Same here.:(

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. The Sting. Both released years before I was old enough to see them, but still...Paul and Robert Redford were my crushes when I was 13! Before VHS rentals came along (yes-- before DVD's), they used to run classic movies in old movie houses. Butch Cassidy was the first PG13 movie I ever saw!
:ohmy:

Two of the greatest movies of all time.

:sigh:

Yeah Newman & Redford together were just fabulous :wink: But Newman's older movies too -- like Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Hud, and :drool: Cool Hand Luke .... everyone should check these out sometime. To keep this U2-related, Newman also has a very long-lasting marriage to a woman who has certainly made her mark in her own right, Joanne Woodward, a great actress and evidently another wonderful mother. I'm wondering what the event was where Ali and Paul Newman were pictured?

Paul is the founder of the Hole-in-the-wall-gang camps for children with life-threatening illnesses. I think he and Ali met in the early 90's when Ali arranged for children affected by the Chernobyl disaster to stay at one or more of his camps. I think this picture is from then.
He is really an amazing guy. Here is the link to the camp organisation http://www.holeinthewallgang.org/

Bono Mot said:

Me too. One last thing about Paul Newman -- he has a thing about shades, too. He said in an interview once that he doesn't like all the talk about his "damned eyes" so tries to hide them. Oh, and he has an awesome wife as well: Joanne Woodward. :)

Paul Newman is an amazing person in so many different ways. Talented, smart, humanitarian, interesting, has done amazing things with his life besides just making movies, as many here are already pointing out. And as for his looks, I thought I'd attach a little sample of how Paul used to look in his younger days.

pn.jpg

Let's just say he was rather "easy on the eyes". If anyone wants to find a great photo of his baby blues, I'm short on time. But trust me, they're pretty impressive, if not more so than those pretty baby blues of our favorite "Paul".

Trying to stay on the subject of this thread, I'm sure Ali felt really honored to be able to work with Paul Newman. And I'm sure he was very charmed & impressed by her.

thankyou said:

Paul Newman is an amazing person in so many different ways. Talented, smart, humanitarian, interesting, has done amazing things with his life besides just making movies, as many here are already pointing out. And as for his looks, I thought I'd attach a little sample of how Paul used to look in his younger days.

pn.jpg

Let's just say he was rather "easy on the eyes". If anyone wants to find a great photo of his baby blues, I'm short on time. But trust me, they're pretty impressive, if not more so than those pretty baby blues of our favorite "Paul".

Trying to stay on the subject of this thread, I'm sure Ali felt really honored to be able to work with Paul Newman. And I'm sure he was very charmed & impressed by her.

I know he's old enough to be my grandpa, but dayum!!!!

Years ago I was at a party and all the guys were drooling over Britney Spears in her Pepsi commercial. (These were guys in their 30s and 40s). My girlfriends and I tried to open their minds to "older" beautiful women like Halle Berry of Catherine Zeta Jones. One of the guys asked us, "Name an old man you think is hot." And all of us in unison said:

"PAUL NEWMAN!!!"

Ali went to 10 Downing Street to deliver her Shut Sellafield Campaign Postcard in person. If i remember rightly Ali organised for millions of anti-sellafield postcards to be delivered on behalf of the Irish people to Tony Blair, Prince Charles and another politician that i cant remember the name of :-(
There is some audio of Ali talking about Sellafield here http://www.alihewson.com/soundbytes.htm
Here is an article about what Ali is doing and an audio file too i think :) http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/1951146.stm
I hope this helped thankyou

Good Lord. Those girls are gorgeous. Bono'd better look into security for those two. Wonder if he's an overprotective dad?:p
Which one's which? The dark haired one looks like Ali just spat to the side and cloned herself (Dad's blue eyes, though!). The other looks like a mix of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom