Ali 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sami0201 said:

how DO you pronounce it?

well, it's impossible to "type" it, but the major difference is his last name - the Dutch "ij" is a long "i" in English, not a short "i". Like "eye" not the i like in "recycle bin".

I think the english would say it more like corbain :)
also the new pics of B and Ali are soooo cute!
was about time Showbizireland had some new pics... nothing since july!
they both look soo happy :D
and on the pic where Bono holds her, he's looking like, She's mine, mine, mine! muahahahahaaaaa :evil:
why is the most important picture incredibly blurry :mad:

kellyahern said:
thank you, Showbizireland, for attempting to focus :huh:

:lol:

Thanks for posting the pics Kelly! :D:up:

...and you've changed your avatar!!! :shocked: :wink:

Galeongirl said:
I think the english would say it more like corbain :)

exactly !! :up:

and I really don't see the pronounciation problem.
I always wonder why the guys say Corbin, at least Anton could make them try to pronounce it right. He spends lots of time with them, so the first thing I would think of, is how to (have them) say things correct, or is that maybe just a female habit? :shrug:

greety said:

I always wonder why the guys say Corbin, at least Anton could make them try to pronounce it right. He spends lots of time with them, so the first thing I would think of, is how to (have them) say things correct, or is that maybe just a female habit? :shrug:

I wondered the same thing many times. Although, I too have a Dutch name (first and last) that no one in the US can ever pronounce and sometimes I get so tired of correcting people I just let it slide.

kellyahern said:
4c1f05f6.jpg

3ac3d42a.jpg

27a4bb97.jpg

thank you, Showbizireland, for attempting to focus :huh:
4b9a66e9.jpg

sweet. thanks kelly. :applaud: (edge is floating! nice avatar.)

I always loved this one. Just says so much:

bali2.jpg

Last edited:
greety said:

exactly !! :up:

I think it is a female habit...
also my last name (Haan, don't laugh... it's been annoying enough the past years) is impossible for them! they say it as hawn or something like it... hahn maybe.... but they cannot say it ... and if you want to tease an englishman, let them say, Godallemachtig 't zijn achthonderdachtentachtig scheveningsche scheepsbeschuiten ^^ im-possible!

and to not derail this topic too badly, dunno if I posted this one before(or someone else did)
bonoaligregoryedun6ov.jpg

Galeongirl said:

I think it is a female habit...
also my last name (Haan, don't laugh... it's been annoying enough the past years) is impossible for them! they say it as hawn or something like it... hahn maybe.... but they cannot say it ...

'Haan' is an insanely popular last name where I live (also, 'de Haan'). I've always thought my last name was simple enough, 'Rosema', but I've noticed people who aren't Dutch or German want to change it so that it's like a Jewish name, Rossmann, or something like that. My first name, 'Lies', is hopelessly difficult for the non-Dutch to figure out, simply because no one has ever heard of such a name. When I go to restaurants and such where you have to give a name with your order or for the host list, I just say "Liz". :rolleyes:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

'Haan' is an insanely popular last name where I live (also, 'de Haan'). I've always thought my last name was simple enough, 'Rosema', but I've noticed people who aren't Dutch or German want to change it so that it's like a Jewish name, Rossmann, or something like that. My first name, 'Lies', is hopelessly difficult for the non-Dutch to figure out, simply because no one has ever heard of such a name. When I go to restaurants and such where you have to give a name with your order or for the host list, I just say "Liz". :rolleyes:
yeah I think liz is the english equivalent for it.... lies sounds more like lie s in english ^^

that last one needs an addition ^^
bonowindow0gz.jpg

yes, I want to be that window too... :drool:

are there any pics from the other side of the window btw????

i LOVE the photo where Ali is pointing at Bono kissing the window.

It shows how secure she is in their relationship, and how secure she is with his relationship with the female fans. Bono wouldn't be enticing the fans in front of Ali, if he thought for one moment it would bother or offend her.

obviously she isn't a bit bothered that he can get women so rowled up, because at the end of the day, she knows he always comes home to her.

thankyou said:
i LOVE the photo where Ali is pointing at Bono kissing the window.

It shows how secure she is in their relationship, and how secure she is with his relationship with the female fans. Bono wouldn't be enticing the fans in front of Ali, if he thought for one moment it would bother or offend her.

obviously she isn't a bit bothered that he can get women so rowled up, because at the end of the day, she knows he always comes home to her.

heh she's more pointing at him sayign 'look what a slut he is.... I really need to teach him some manners there!' :lol:
ah we all know we don't stand a chance.... but we can still dream right? :drool:

I would love to meet Ali - she seems like a really sweet person. The thing i love about her is that she doesn't seem like a try hard. She's lovely looking, but not too gorgeous - like the botox celebrities you see. Just a casual, nice lady. She is natural looking, and that's really endearing.

And good on her for being so secure when Bono flirts - they must really have a close bond.

banjo said:
I would love to meet Ali - she seems like a really sweet person. The thing i love about her is that she doesn't seem like a try hard. She's lovely looking, but not too gorgeous - like the botox celebrities you see. Just a casual, nice lady. She is natural looking, and that's really endearing.

And good on her for being so secure when Bono flirts - they must really have a close bond.

What lovely words, banjo, and what's even better is that they're VERY TRUE! :wink:

I had the great honor of meeting Ali and actually spending a few minutes with her in Oct. 2004 and she is EVERY WONDERFUL AND GOOD thing that you can think and say about her.

She is completely down to earth, patient, tolerant and is as lovely and as natural as you think that she is!

Plus she has a soft, almost shy voice and the most beautiful smile that you could ever imagine. :yes:

ALI IS REALLY THE BEST.

:hug:

Jamila said:

What lovely words, banjo, and what's even better is that they're VERY TRUE! :wink:

I had the great honor of meeting Ali and actually spending a few minutes with her in Oct. 2004 and she is EVERY WONDERFUL AND GOOD thing that you can think and say about her.

She is completely down to earth, patient, tolerant and is as lovely and as natural as you think that she is!

Plus she has a soft, almost shy voice and the most beautiful smile that you could ever imagine. :yes:

ALI IS REALLY THE BEST.

:hug:
wow where did you meet her? what did you talk about??

kellyahern said:
Bono and Ali at the Breakfast on Pluto Dublin premiere today (see band meetings and sightings for Flavia's 1st person pics :up: )

96ac5803.jpg

8050f0da.jpg

Thank you so much for these pics! :dancing:

Bono and Ali look wonderful and it looks like they're having a good time.

"Breakfast on Pluto" is playing in a local movie theater - haven't seen it yet. These pics makes me want to.

BONO AND ALI - :bow:

To each their own.

"We're one, but we're not the same."

Live and let live.

Best way to stay out of problems.:wink:

What was that horrible Madonna movie a while back? Swept Away?

Would you see it just because Bono and Ali attended the premiere? :der:

Galeongirl said:

wow where did you meet her? what did you talk about??

Galeongirl,

here is the link to the article that describes the time I met Ali and was able to share several minutes with her:

http://forum.interference.com/t100221.html

To this day, meeting her is one of the highlights of my nearly twenty-five years of following U2.

I hope you like the article. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom