Ali 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
f9c8d3ee.jpg

758cf2c9.jpg

30969337.jpg

52f6f637.jpg

5ad6b31b.jpg

dd18587b.jpg

4a7df6a9.jpg

Thankyou so much Kelly and Mistertoodles - they're gorgeous! I think she looks younger now than she did 5 years ago!!

The_Edge89 said:
bono375.jpg
bono200.jpg

I found these two pics on a swedish newspaper's website, and they claim that's Ali...I'm doubtful though.
Any ideas?
Could it be Jordan/Eve perhaps?

One thing is for sure - it's not Ali!!!!

I guess it's Jordan. But the little girl doesn't look like Eve....weird.....

I'm done writing my letter to the journalist who wrote the article and basically told her to correct the content of it and all that stuff that was needed to be said... Hope She gets it changed soon or else.... :madspit:

Thanks for clearing that out for us U2Girl1978
;)

(Thinking to myself Thank God Jordan didn't dye her hair...stay brunette, please :D)

Now let's get back on topic..:ohmy:

Last edited:
The woman taking the little girl's pic with Bono is called Nicole, who's a R & B singer popular in France.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the stills of Ali with the women and children of Lesotho.

I have African friends in Lesotho and was so excited when Ali decided to move some of her EDUN clothing line production to Lesotho to help these very wonderful yet terribly poor people.

Those pics are very special to me.:wink:

Well, my French is a bit rusty but I like to try. From what I can tell it essentially says this:
Between the Paris & Amsterdam concerts, this left Bono 2 days to be w/his family in Eze at their summer home. Also, about how they worked on HTDAAB there and how he was interviewd for the Bono on Bono book there.
He, Ali & the kids had dinner at a restaurant called The African Queen in Beaulieu. It describes what they were wearing. On the way(I think) Bono stopped & bought little John a plastic helicopter and they played with it during dinner. They had pizzas and chablis.

I think Jordan & Eve also had friends there. Bono acted like a normal dad, playing w/the kids, interested in their music they talked about, did imitations of a blues singer (haha).

Something about a bodyguard - either there was one or there wasn't, not sure. But an English fan came up w/a copy of the latest album (at the end of the meal) and asked for an autograph. Bono was gracious and signed, although wouldn't allow pix of the kids (not so sure about this part).
He evidently said he's tired from all the shows. He was surprised (and amused?) by the balloons at the Paris show.

I think the last part is quote from the restaurant owner? Something about how he didn't know who they were and they started coming to his restaurant - or maybe they came there before they were super-famous? Then when Bono & Edge bought homes there they became regulars and have a big party there every year. I think they've celebrated their kids birthdays there before. Bono can come there just as he is - no fuss, and he's just nice to everyone.

The owner proposed a party after the Aug 5 Nice show and Bono said he would invite HIM (not clear on this at all!) The owner is going to see them in concert for the first time - and then maybe dinner at the villa! The dream of millions of fans worldwide! (Aint' that the truth!)

Ok, will see if any real French-speakers rip this apart - but thought I'd give it a try!

u2grace said:
Well, my French is a bit rusty but I like to try. From what I can tell it essentially says this:
Between the Paris & Amsterdam concerts, this left Bono 2 days to be w/his family in Eze at their summer home. Also, about how they worked on HTDAAB there and how he was interviewd for the Bono on Bono book there.
He, Ali & the kids had dinner at a restaurant called The African Queen in Beaulieu. It describes what they were wearing. On the way(I think) Bono stopped & bought little John a plastic helicopter and they played with it during dinner. They had pizzas and chablis.

I think Jordan & Eve also had friends there. Bono acted like a normal dad, playing w/the kids, interested in their music they talked about, did imitations of a blues singer (haha).

Something about a bodyguard - either there was one or there wasn't, not sure. But an English fan came up w/a copy of the latest album (at the end of the meal) and asked for an autograph. Bono was gracious and signed, although wouldn't allow pix of the kids (not so sure about this part).
He evidently said he's tired from all the shows. He was surprised (and amused?) by the balloons at the Paris show.

I think the last part is quote from the restaurant owner? Something about how he didn't know who they were and they started coming to his restaurant - or maybe they came there before they were super-famous? Then when Bono & Edge bought homes there they became regulars and have a big party there every year. I think they've celebrated their kids birthdays there before. Bono can come there just as he is - no fuss, and he's just nice to everyone.

The owner proposed a party after the Aug 5 Nice show and Bono said he would invite HIM (not clear on this at all!) The owner is going to see them in concert for the first time - and then maybe dinner at the villa! The dream of millions of fans worldwide! (Aint' that the truth!)

Ok, will see if any real French-speakers rip this apart - but thought I'd give it a try!

thank you :bow:

Let me add some details although U2 Grace's translation was almost perfect :

Ali was wearing a 70's style dress
Eve and Jordan were with some friends indeed
and although there weren't any bodyguards, nobody disturbed them
Indeed, Bono refused a pic with his kids
He was very moved by the "waves" and balloons during the Paris shows
The restaurant owner first saw them (the band) 15 years ago in his restaurant and was about to give them cash to buy them new clothes :lol:
His wife and him remember that Bono's kids often celebrated their birthdays in their restaurant.
He insists on how Bono has remained normal since all these years
The restaurant owner invited Bono to have a party in his restaurant after the Nice show on August 5th, but Bono said that they (the restaurant owner and his falmily) will be HIS guests.

:applaud:

thanks for the translations.

I love the part where the restaurant owner offered to buy U2 some new clothes 15 years ago!

You know that kind of selfless attitude from a person who had no idea at the time who they (U2) were would endear himself to Bono's heart. :wink:

Thanks so much Kelly - she looks gorgeous.

Pssst Kelly - did you get my email yesterday? Ive been having problems sending one to you:sad:

Its funny - i would never have thought that Ali would like a bag like that - i think its quite nice just not very Ali!!

Kelly - i sent you another email - just thought id tell you:wink:

tootty86 said:
Its funny - i would never have thought that Ali would like a bag like that - i think its quite nice just not very Ali!!

Kelly - i sent you another email - just thought id tell you:wink:

I didn't get it yet :(. I wonder what's going on with the e-mail, maybe it just takes longer. I have a gmail account too if you want to try that one :)

kel4876@gmail.com

I don't check it very often though, but maybe try it to see if it works better :).

Ive sent you one to your gmail account too - we'll just have to wait and see:| I have to go to bed soon - i hope you get it:)

havent posted anything in awhile..heres a pic from last week at the funeral of Gavin Friday's dad:(

Attachments

• ali.jpg
    ali.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
I've always admired Ali for keeping her marriage thriving, getting an education, for being involved and compassionate about serious issues, and for being a great mom to four kids (five, if you count Bono:wink: . But I want to get together with her for the most shallow reasons. SHOE SHOPPING!!! And we'd never fight over a pair of shoes because she prefers platforms and I prefer stilletoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom