Ahkay Pleba girls, I'm asking YOU

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MiniFly

War Child
Who's your favorite Beatle? George, the unsung genius? Paul, master of catchy pop and the "cute one"? John, the cynic, the songsmith? Or good ole Ringo?

I'm a George girl me self.

I've always been a "Paul" girl. I like them all, but that cute face gets to me. Ever watch "Help?" I almost start to screech like a Beatlemaniac every time they zoom in on his face:cute:

Geeeeooorge
event.jpg

though I love them all :D
I say as I meander the web with my beatles mouse pad...

John. I love John. I've always loved John. It brings tears to my eyes when I think of what that horrible monster did to him.

I did go through a "Ringo phase" when I was in my early teens and wanted to be a drummer.

I also wrote a 15 page paper on Paul for a class because John's dead:sad: and there was way more information on Paul because he's still making music.

I never liked George. I'm sad that he died too but I just never cared for him.

But if I had to choose----JOHN all the way!

I think I have to go with John...Although he died before I was even born...and I did see Paul in concert in '93...But, no, I think definitely John.

wertsie said:
I think I have to go with John...Although he died before I was even born...

ya same's true for me.... but I don't think anybody's too young to like Beatles.

I like John for the same reason I like Bono. Extraordinary talent as a lyricist and a musician not to mention activist.

(........well maybe I like Bono for more than just the above......LOL......but that's for another thread.....:sexywink:)

bayernfc said:

ya same's true for me.... but I don't think anybody's too young to like Beatles.

:yes: SO true! Growing up, my parents would play their records constantly. They became engrained in me. And The Beatles were my mom's favorite band before U2 came along. :wink:

I seriously love them all :D

I go through phases

John when I'm feeling deep and intellectual

George when I'm feeling spiritual

Paul when I'm feeling peppy and in need of some fun

Ringo when I'm feeling like I need a good belly laugh

:D :yes: :hug: :heart:

wertsie said:
I think I have to go with John...Although he died before I was even born...and I did see Paul in concert in '93...But, no, I think definitely John.

I saw Ringo in... uhhh... 1997 I think it was.
With Peter Frampton and Jack Bruce.
It kicked major, major ass... only Frampton could get away with pretending to be Clapton during the Cream songs.
My dad flipped out when he saw they were there as well, he was like a little kid :D

:heart: John :heart:

He was just such an amazing person. He had that spark. And besides the musical genius, I feel like he was a person who struggled with his demons for a good part of his life, but eventually made peace with them. :)

Also, I must say, I do love me some George, too. :cute: :D

Kristie said:
I watched some show on VH1 about John and I totally bawled at the end where they were talking about him getting shot :sad:
:sad: :sad: :sad:

:yes: I saw that too, Kristie! I was sitting in my dorm room eating lunch freshman year when it came on and I just cried and cried...and THEN I had to go to class! :sad:

Kristie said:
I watched some show on VH1 about John and I totally bawled at the end where they were talking about him getting shot :sad:
:sad: :sad: :sad:

That is the saddest program ever. They talk about how happy he was with his family and how excited he was about his new record coming out. I've seen it four times and every time the tears just start rolling down. :sad:

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

That is the saddest program ever. They talk about how happy he was with his family and how excited he was about his new record coming out. I've seen it four times and every time the tears just start rolling down. :sad:

I know! the same thing happens to me. I dont know how many times i have watched it. I recorded it. I guess i like to torture myself. :sad: He was amazing. I cant imagine if i had been a fan of him while he was alive and then he got shot. (put it in terms of something happening to U2) I'd never be the same.

My friend was telling me the story of how Paul didn't tell his kids he was THE Paul when they were little so that they wouldn't be under that pressure. Very nice of him. I couldn't do that. I would wake up every morning and say
"I am Paul F-ing McCartney. I wrote Blackbird. I rock!"

My head wouldn't be able to fit through the door.
"Hi how are you?"
"Great, I just got an A on a paper"
"Oh, well I just wrote Drive My Car".

CAN YOU IMAGINE?!

Actually, come to think of it, and one who doesn't think John or Paul had huge ego's is blind. Still good chaps, but come on. John needed to get his hats re-sized.

Ehhh...hmmm...

I do like Paul, I think he's cool (believe it or not, my mom used to be a part of a Yahoo! club that was a Beatles one...but a lot of the people in there hated Paul, they thought he was conceited. And what's worse, anytime someone in there did talk about Paul in a positive light, those Paul-haters would bash them to no end-there were some real jerks in that group).

As far as music goes, though, I'd have to say John and George-they're the two who, when they went solo, made the best music out of all the four (Paul had some good songs, but he also had some real clunkers).

Looks-wise, I dunno-I don't find any of them attractive, personally.

Angela

MiniFly said:
My friend was telling me the story of how Paul didn't tell his kids he was THE Paul when they were little so that they wouldn't be under that pressure. Very nice of him. I couldn't do that. I would wake up every morning and say
"I am Paul F-ing McCartney. I wrote Blackbird. I rock!"

:lmao:

AdamsMango said:
Without a doubt, John. He was the most talented songwriter. i am in awe of his ablilties. His solo career amazed me too. George was an amzing guitar player-but John really did it for me.

John would be glad to hear that. He thought Paul was the better tune writer and was kind of put out that no one went around humming his songs the way they did Paul's. I think overall John was more the word guy and Paul the music guy, but of course they were both talented and amazing.

Back
Top Bottom