Ahkay Pleba girls, I'm asking YOU

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kristie said:
I watched some show on VH1 about John and I totally bawled at the end where they were talking about him getting shot :sad:
:sad: :sad: :sad:

So did I (course, it also didn't help that it showed other people crying-for some reason, anytime I see people cry on T.V., then I feel like crying).

I've also seen that documentary thing on John Lennon-I think it's called "Imagine"-cried at the end of that, too.

He died before I was born, too-about four years before my birth...but doesn't matter, still sad when I hear about his death. He was such a peaceful person, why'd he have to die such a violent death? It's not fair. :tsk:.

Angela

i saw this in your away message on aim the other day...

let's see...favourite beatle...well, it changed periodically...at some point or other i would have said any one of them...when i was in 4th grade i named my math rpoject plant george...paul mccartney was my hero from 5th to 8th grade...john lennon is god...ringo's cool too, although maybe he never seemed cooler than the others...of course he did! the first time i saw "help!"

Moonlit_Angel said:

So did I (course, it also didn't help that it showed other people crying-for some reason, anytime I see people cry on T.V., then I feel like crying).

I've also seen that documentary thing on John Lennon-I think it's called "Imagine"-cried at the end of that, too.

He died before I was born, too-about four years before my birth...but doesn't matter, still sad when I hear about his death. He was such a peaceful person, why'd he have to die such a violent death? It's not fair. :tsk:.

Angela

No it's not fair and it makes me so sad when things like that happen. It's also ironic that so many rock stars destroy themselves or even commit suicide like Kurt Cobain, but John wanted to live and couldn't. That sucks:(

when george harrison died, in chorus class someone came up and wrote "george harrison RIP 1942-2001" on the board...

i decided to take the hall pass for a walk to avoid a) crying because that was the first i heard and b) pounding the crap out of the girl who wrote 1942 on the board because harrison was born in '43

i remember the day george died. I was in atlanta for the U2 concert. and i was getting ready in my hotel room at about 6AM (going to the GA line) and i turned on VH1 and they had george harrison interviews on and my heart sunk because i knew he had been sick. I went in the CNN center to warm up and they were filming talk back live (about george harrison) and i watched in (i was in the crowd (on TV!)) later bono mentioned it. He sang My Sweet Lord and said that there were less stars in the sky since george died. A sad day indeed.

AdamsMango said:
i remember the day george died. I was in atlanta for the U2 concert. and i was getting ready in my hotel room at about 6AM (going to the GA line) and i turned on VH1 and they had george harrison interviews on and my heart sunk because i knew he had been sick. I went in the CNN center to warm up and they were filming talk back live (about george harrison) and i watched in (i was in the crowd (on TV!)) later bono mentioned it. He sang My Sweet Lord and said that there were less stars in the sky since george died. A sad day indeed.

Ohhh...:sad:.

Bono's tributes to people are always so touching...

Angela

AdamsMango said:

:hug:

I remember that day too. I didn't go to class and listened to All Things Must Pass all day long. Probably cried like four or five times. :sad:

I can't choose!

John was such a tremendous advocate for peace.

George wrote While My Guitar Gently Weeps and My Sweet Lord. 'Nuff said.

Paul is a master of melody, and he's still so darn cute, even if he is over 60!

Ringo....um, Ringo...oh, well, he must be cool since he was in the Beatles.

Last edited:
Bono's shades said:
I can't choose!

John was such a tremendous advocate for peace.

George wrote While My Guitar Gently Weeps and My Sweet Lord. 'Nuff said.

Paul is a master of melody, and he's still so darn cute, even if he is over 60!

Ringo....um, Ringo...oh, well, he must be cool since he was in the Beatles.

George also has the cutest son. Not that I'm trying to influence you in anyway..... :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom