Ahh yes, time for yet another meeting of the Macphisto Society darlings!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*The room has no exterior windows, so there is no glaring afternoon light to wake them. EchoPhisto and Edge sleep peacefully, side by side. EchoPhisto is the first to wake. She is startled by the situation she's in. It's been a long time since she's been so fortunate. She looks around the dim room. Soaks in the calm. The perfect silence.*

*Edge continues to sleep. EchoPhisto sits up as slowly and gently as possible, so as not to wake him. EchoPhisto had always doubted his face could display any more Zen tranquility than it did, but seeing him slumber she was proven wrong. His breathing was shallow; his eyelids fluttered with dreams. Echo reached out to touch his face. Just a finger along his jawline, maybe a light brush of the knuckles over his cheekbone...Oh, that skin was so smooth, smoother than it deserved to be after all these years, smoother than can be resisted by a mere mortal like herself...He'll never wake...He'll never know...*

*There is a knock at the door, It wakes Edge. EchoPhisto curses silently and bids them entrance. It is a butler. He opens the door slowly and pokes his head in.*

Butler: (Stilted) Pardon me, Sir; Miss. I didn't mean to, em, interrupt anything.

Echo: (laughs despite herself) Don't be silly! Is something wrong?

Butler: Mr. The Fly has requested the presence of all MacPhisto's guests at the wedding.

Edge: Wedding?

Butler: (Sounding rehearsed) Mr. The Fly will soon be happily married to Miss BluePhisto. The wedding will take place on the grounds this very afternoon.

Echo: I hate weddings.

Edge: Wedding?

Echo: You want to go?

Edge: What time is it?

Echo: Edge...(takes his hand and pulls him off the bed)...it's time to watch some prime-time-quality soap opera action.

Oh yeah...really on a tear tonight! Lol.
-----------------------------------------
*Macphisto was a deep sleeper. He had only slept about four times in as many thousand years, so when he slept...he really slept. That night, he dreamed of Bluephisto as he held her in his arms. He kept dreaming of her after she had wriggled out of his grasp and left with The Fly, so when he woke up and she was gone, it was quite a shock.*
Macphisto: Bluey? *He half opens his eyes and sits up, looking around* Dearest? *She is nowhere to be found. He waits and waits, growing more apprehensive with every minute..*
Macphisto: She wouldn't just not be here...Not after last night. It's not like her, unless...*His face drops and her words come back to haunt him... "I can't be with you. I can't. You cannot be trusted and as soon as you have me back...As soon as I let myself love you, you will just stop caring! Just like you did before". Maybe it was her turn to run this time. He sank into a chair, with the green sheet still wrapped around him. The gold box containing the necklace he sent to her, lying in the trash can catches his eye.*
Macphisto: She can't trust a word I say...she will never feel like she can trust me.
*He sits in the chair for a second and retrives a cigar from his jacket on the floor, smoking and thinking. Suddenly, as if struck by inspiration, Macphisto throws his cigar away, dresses quickly in his rumpled suit, smooths his hair, and heads for the door.*
Macphisto: I've got to be insane.
*He slams the bedroom door after him. Guests who had heard the gossip glance up nervously at Macphisto as he almost runs (but not really..how unelegant!) to his office. Once inside he closes the door and not only locks it, but pulls all the velvet curtains closed and shoves a heavy chair in front of the door. Once the room was thusly secured, he sat at the desk looking at the phone for some time before he picked it up. Guests passing the room only hear bits and pieces of the call as they pass and think nothing of it*
Macphisto: Hello...It's been a while...Yes, yes...I have a proposal for you...but no one can know. No one.

*Bluephisto exits the bathroom where The Fly cornered her. She leans against the dark wall, lost in her thoughts. Guests pass and stare at her, some stopping to say hello and shake her hand...She smiles and replies to them all graciously. After the last guest has left the corridor for the wedding, where she knows The Fly stands waiting for her Bluephisto turns and starts to walk back to her room with purpose...she knows what she has to do.
A figure appears behind her. She turns and gasps.*

Bluephisto: What the -!?
*A vase breaks across the back of her head and Bluephisto falls to the ground, unconscious. A second later a group of lost guests passes through the hallway and observes nothing unusual, save the broken vase, and a scorch mark on the red carpet*

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-12-2001).]

*The wedding grounds are far nicer than any of the guests would have expected from The Fly. But most of them don't notice the particulars of the setting, they are either preoccupied with gossiping about the bride, the groom, and the devil; or they are busy spotting celebrities in the rows of chairs and plotting how to get their autographs later.
The Fly stands at the front of the crowd, dressed in black leather pants, a black dress shirt, a black suit jacket and of course, a pair of black shades that Adam kindly had Bono return to him. Bono stands beside him, sensing The Fly's mental strain.

Bono: So, am I doing a good job as flower girl?
The Fly: *Absently* Great...you look very pretty.
Bono: *reading the Fly's thoughts* She'll come. She's got to, I know she loves me, and she wouldn't just leave me out here to dry now, would she?
*Bono places a hand on The Fly's shoulder, and he relaxes a little. He leans foreward to talk to him a little, when a subdued gasp ripples through the crowd. Macphisto has appeared at the back of the aisle. Bono squints at him, he looks different somehow, clearer, brighter, relaxed... The crowd murmurs as they see The Fly's jaw tense at Macphisto's audacity to attend the wedding.
The Fly: *Under his breath* What is he doing here?
Bono: It's okay, just ignore him.
*Bono marvelled privately at how calm Macphisto looked as he sat beside Bona and Larry. Bona also stared at Macphisto in the same searching way, she could also sense something was different, but had no idea what it was, but Macphisto just looked from The Fly to the back of the aisle. The minutes dragged on, and guests began to talk louder, and to rustle the papers they held in their hands. Bluey was late.*
Bono: Fly, what do you want to do here?
The Fly: *Stoically* We wait.
*They waited like that, never addressing exactly what it was they were all thinking for over an hour. Eventually guests just started to leave. The Fly began to look concerned, as did Macphisto and Bona, but he never moved. Two hours later, the guests had all left, confused and delighted at the juicy gossip that would ensue.
Larry, Adam, Bona, Bono, Macphisto and The Fly were the only ones left..
Larry: *Whispering to Bona* What should we do?
Bona:*Under her breath* I don't know...
*Adam and Bono look at each other knowingly and each put an arm around The Fly, turning him away from the other guests and speaking to him in soft, comforting tones. Larry and Bona leave, holding hands and shaking their heads. Soon, the angels' arms part and The Fly nods his gratitude to them and waves them away. Adam and Bono step a little farther off, but listen intently...
The Fly: *Walks wearily up to Macphisto and sits backwards in the empty chair in front of him, almost delirious with exhaustion and stress. His voice is dull* Where is she?
Macphisto: *Softly* I have no idea.
The Fly: *Looking up at him* Liar.
Macphisto: I'm not lying to you...Frankly I'm as confused as you are.
The Fly: Fuck off. *There is a long silence, The Fly hangs his head over the back of the chair and lights a cigarette. For a moment, he examines the ground and smokes* I'm such an idiot.
Macphisto: We all have our days.
The Fly: She left me for you, you know.
Macphisto: Then why haven't I seen her?
The Fly: You haven't?
Macphisto: *Sadly*No...*He pauses and smooths his black hair* Her suitcase was still in her room, she didn't leave.
The Fly: Well, then boy wonder, where the hell is she? She didn't just bloody evaporate did she?
Macphisto: I have no idea...
*Both men sit facing each other for a moment, staring...bound to each other by resentment and a common concern for Bluephisto.*
The Fly: *Rubbing his forehead* You don't think that something could have happened to her...do you?
Macphisto: *Grimacing* I have a very bad feeling...
*Their eyes meet and they both rise out of the chairs and stride quickly into the mansion...looking for the woman they love.*

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-12-2001).]

note: Wow, Bluey.. just wow.
smile.gif

-------------
*Back in Bona's room, Larry has exited out onto the balcony, trying to figure out how he should "pop the question" to Bona. Knowing that Bona studied opera and voice professionally ever since the genre came into existance, he thought maybe with music... but what? He looked across the way and down at the wedding grounds he can still see Adam and Bono chatting, obviously figuring out what to do. They finally appear to figure something out, and Adam heads off in one direction whilst Bono heads in another. Soon, Larry feels a hand on his shoulder and spins around. Bono stands smiling at him.*
Bono: You need help planning?
Larry: *thinking a minute* Well, it'd be much sweeter if I did it on my own... but I could use some pointers.
Bono: Sure.
*They turn around, facing the gardens and chat amiably, hoping that the conversation will give Larry some ideas.*
Larry: Well, I was hoping to do it in front of people...
Bono: Yeah... that'll get worked out...

*Bona sits on the bed, still sorting out the clothes in the suitcase. She had no idea she kept this many clothes here. Larry had mentioned that he didn't want to leave until they figured out what happened to Bluey. Bona relax a little and lay back on the bed, staring up at the ceiling and thinking hard about her life ahead of her with Larry, worrying about Bluey and being curious about what was to happen with them and eventually Bona fell asleep on the bed.*

*She awoke to the brush of a hand across her forehead and she opened her eyes to see Larry staring down at her. He leaned down and planted a kiss on her lips. She sat up.*
Bona: Have they found Bluey yet?
Larry: No, but they've made some progress.
*Bona's eyes focus to see the Fly sitting in the bedroom with Adam next to him. Bono stood across the room, lightly playing the piano.*
Bona: How long was I out?
Larry: A few hours.
Bona: What's going on?

Bona: What happened?
*Bona looks from Larry to The Fly to Adam. Larry is wearing his "panic face" which of course is most people's newspaper reading face, but just a little bit harder. The Fly can't stop fidgiting with his sleeves, his shades, and his endless stream of cigarettes. Adam just looks old with worry.*
Bona: Adam...Larry...someone tell me what's going on!
Adam: *Choosing his words carefully, he explains in his posh british accent:* Bona, it doesn't look very promising. *He pauses for a long time and exhales, adjusting his glasses and crossing his legs* You see, as you well know, finding her shouldn't be a problem. Bono and I, for example, can find any of you anywhere in the world the better we know you, the faster we can find you...do you follow?
Bona: *Taking Larry's hand* Yes...
Adam: *He sits with pursed lips on the bed before continuing* Well, we can't find her. She's my closest friend, and I can't find her...
Bona: Why not? I don't get it, she didn't fall off of the face of the earth..*Bona stops as Adam, The Fly and Larry grimace* She did fall off the face of the earth?
Adam: *He puts an arm around Bona and swallows* Bona, the only place that we cannot sense her at all would be...Hell.
Bona: Hell? *She remembers it from her days as a temptress, she stayed on earth as much as possible just to avoid it. Bona shudders* Why would Bluey be in Hell? She's not dead is she!?
Adam: I don't think so...We found signs in the hallway that someone knocked her out and...*He makes a gesture with his hands* Just took her away.
Bona: *Panicking a little, Larry holds her and tries to quiet her* But, but...I mean you guys can just go and...*Her voice shakes* I mean you can go get her right Adam? Right!?
Adam: Bona, angels are physically incapable of entering Hell. It's not possible. We have tried many times, but it's just...*His voice trails off* not possible.
*They all sit there in silence*
Adam: We don't even know what they want with her, it could be anything.
Bona: *Her eyes widening as she realizes who is missing* Macphisto!! Where is he?
Where's Macky?
The Fly: *In a ragged voice* He's...upset.
Bona: Yeah?
Adam: *Looking down* Yeah.
Bono: *Stops playing for a moment and asks solemnly* Should I go check on him?
Adam: *Still looking down* No. Give him some time. *Bona tries to imagine what state he must be in...*
Bona: But couldn't Macky go down and get her?
Adam: *Quickly and firmly* No.
Bona: No?
Bono: No.
Bona: But he's a devil...we..they can go there.
Adam: *Almost snapping* Bona...He can't. It is not possible. That's why he's upset. *Turning to the Fly and reaching forhis cigarettes in his left hand* Gimme one of those dammit.
Bona: *Still puzzled* So, there is nothing we can do? Nothing?
Adam: *Lighting his cigarette and flopping down on the bed, exhausted and scared* Nothing.
*Everyone in the room stays like that all night, not talking, just smoking and thinking. Bono leaves once to check on Macphisto but comes back shaking his head and sits down until the sun comes up again*

*They all sit silently for a while after the sun rises, barely stirring. Finally Fly moves, offering everyone another round of cigarrettes. He comes to Bona and offers one to her.*
Bona: I can't... the baby.
Fly: That's right, I'm sorry, babe.
Bona: No problem.
*Larry blows a stream of smoke out of his mouth and gets up.*
Larry: That's it... there's gotta be a better way to pass the time.
Adam: Like how?
*Larry walks over to the mini bar and gets himself a guinness, then heads over to the piano where Bono still sits, mindlessly tinking out bits and pieces of tunes. Larry leans into Bono and whispers something to him. Bono nods, and starts an introduction. Bona smiles and laughs a little as "Whiskey in the Jar" starts to sound familiar to everyone.*
Larry: I'm sorry if you find this a bit inappropriate, but until we figure out what to do I couldn't sit there anymore.
*He starts to sing "Whiskey in the Jar," but once he realizes that people really aren't in the mood to sing much, he stops and moves off onto the balcony. He pulls out his cell phone and dials a number.*
Larry: Edge?
Edge: Yeah?
Larry: Where are you?
Edge: I left after what was supposed to be the wedding... why?
Larry: Can you head back over here? I need you to do me a favor.
Edge: Sure, what?
Larry: Just head back here and bring a guitar.
Edge: No problem.
*They hang up, and Larry heads back inside, taking his seat next to Bona. A while later, a knock on the door is heard, and Larry answers it quickly. People gasp as Edge walks in, carrying a guitar case. He takes the guitar out, tunes it, and starts to play a random pattern, and everyone calmly listens as he runs through a few songs. Slowly, everyone starts to loosen up and move about the room, and Larry starts to dance with Bona. She rests her head on his shoulder, and Larry starts to sing in her ear. Everyone suddenly stops and watches them as he sings in a clear, strong tenor.*
Larry: *singing* They say that the road ain't no place to start a family. Right down the line it's been you and me. And lovin' a music man ain't always what it's supposed to be. Oh, girl, you stand by me. I'm forever yours... *takes her chin and turns his face toward him* Faithfully...
*He wipes a tear from her cheek and every one is astounded but strangely not surprised as Larry lowers himself to his knees. He pulls the ring out of a pocket and takes her hands in his. She looks down at him with joy on her face.*
Larry: *almost whispering* Fai mia sposi?* "Will you marry me?"
Bona: Si. Faccio tuo sposo. "Yes, I'll marry you." *She drops herself into his arms and he holds her there strongly. Everyone in the room applauds happily and Bona admires the ring on her finger through tears of joy. They stay like that for a few minutes, then suddenly Bona jumps up and heads toward the door.*
Larry: Where are you going?
Bona: I have an idea... I need to talk to Mackie.
*She bolts out of the room and down the hallway, in search of MacPhisto.*

--------
If the Italian is wrong, let me know! I know some of you out there speak italian...
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 11-13-2001).]

*Larry watches Bona speechless as she speeds out of the room. The other three beings in the room are equally as stunned.*
Fly: Lars, what language was that?
Larry: Italian. I thought it'd be more romantic since she's an opera singer and all...
Fly: Who taught you?
Larry: Bono. Where in bloody hell could she be off to?
Adam: Well she did say she was going to go find Mackie...
Larry: Why? He can't do anything.
Adam: She probably thought of something we haven't thought of...

*Bona runs down the hallways, searching frantically for Mackie when a thought occurs to her. She decends a staircase and goes down into the basement, lower and lower until she finds the lowest room. She opens the door slowly, and finds Mac sitting across the room, on the cold floor, and he looked like he'd been crying for some time.*
Bona: Mackie?
*he looks up, and shoos her away*
MacPhisto: Go away.
Bona: Mackie, is there anything I can do?
MacPhisto: If I can't even do anything what can you do?
Bona: I just thought talking might make you feel a little better...
MacPhisto: I won't feel better until she's safe, which is unlikely to happen at this point.
*Bona wraps an arm around him, and he gives in and rests his head on her shoulder. She rubs his back and gives a comforting kiss on the top of his head. She inhales his cologne involuntarily, triggering memories of when she was still a devil, still his employee and their several week long sex flings. That was over, and not too long from now she'd be Mrs. Larry Mullen Jr. She still cared deeply about Mac, and hated seeing him like this. She wanted just as much as he did for Bluey to make it out safely. MacPhisto took Bona's hand in his, obviously noticing the ring.*
MacPhisto: A new ring, I see...
Bona: Yeah, Larry---
MacPhisto: *cutting her off* Asked you to marry him?
Bona: Yes.
MacPhisto: Congratulations... *then dejectedly* It seems like everyone is getting married lately...
Bona: Or at least trying to...
*MacPhisto sighs against her chest.*
Bona: Mackie, everything will be alright. I think I have an idea...

MacPhisto: And what would that be?
Bona: I can revert back to my old form, can't I?
MacPhisto: But would you want to? What about the baby?
Bona: The baby would be fine as long as nothing drastic happens to me.
MacPhisto: That's not really a safe bet, Bona...
Bona: Well somebody's gotta go in there and get her, and for some odd reason they tell me you can't do it.
MacPhisto: Let's just say something's different about this situation.
Bona: Then fine. If I can still revert back to my old form I'll go in there and kick some ass. Can you change me back, Mackie?
*MacPhisto looks up at her, horrified and winces a little at the thought. He says nothing, but only stares at her.*
Bona: Can you, Mackie?
MacPhisto: I don't know.
Bona: What do you mean you don't know? You've done this before thousands of times to some poor human for recruitment for The Father Below... Can you try?
*MacPhisto stares her down again, obviously in contemplation. He stands up and motions for her to come over to him. The door has been left open a crack and the light sheds onto him a little. Bona notices how something is definitely different about MacPhisto, he seems to have a little more lift to his step. She rises slowly and walks over to him. He steps right up to her and whispers in her ear.*
MacPhisto: This is the only way I've ever known how to do it. Do you remember when I did this to you the first time? You were born human, Bona. I came to you over 3000 years ago in your village. You were 28 then. Do you remember how I did it?
Bona: *nods* Yes, Mackie. I remember.
MacPhisto: Ok. Are you sure you want to do this?
Bona: Yes.
*MacPhisto steps up to her, a hand on her waist and one on her cheek. He leans forward and kisses her hard on the lips, and she winces in half pain and half pleasure. He continues and she wraps her arms around his neck in an attempt to stay standing. She can feel her body changing, and his kiss becomes even harder and as he finishes he squeezes her once, then just as abruptly as he'd grabbed her, he let her go. He stared at her a minute, looked her over once and then spoke softly.*
MacPhisto: Step into the light, Bona.
*She does, and he nods.*
MacPhisto: *Careful with his words* It worked.
Bona: I forgot how painful that process is...
MacPhisto: It's been three thousand years, of course you forgot. Now go. See if you can save her.
*Bona runs out of the cellar and back toward the room. The thought occurs to her that something felt different about MacPhisto's kiss, but she can't place exactly what it was. It sent lightning through her entire body... and she didn't think it was just the transformation. She re-enters the bedroom, and Larry stands up, staring at her in awe as she enters. Adam and Bono both look at each other in half horror and half hope. The Fly's jaw just hits the floor. Larry examines Bona, the black pants have changed to gold, as has the sweater. Her makeup has suddenly gotten heavier and he runs a hand over the horns that he swore weren't there when she'd left.*
Bona: Larry, I'm sorry... but I'm going in after her.
Larry: Please...
Bona: It's our only hope, Lars.
Adam: Unfortunately, she's right.
Larry: You went back.
Bona: Only because somebody has to save her.
Larry: Please be careful.
Bona: I'll try.
*Bona takes Larry's face in her hands and kisses him very deeply.*
Bona: I love you. I'll be back.
Larry: You'd better be.
Adam and Bono: Good luck.
*She shoots them all a smile as she disappears in a cloud of vapor. Larry drops to his knees and whispers into the ground as if he expects her to hear him*
Larry: I love you.
*Adam comes over and places a hand on Larry's shoulder.*
Adam: Come on, Lars. It'll be okay.
Larry: I can't believe she went back...
Adam: Shh, don't worry about that. It'll all be fine, I promise.
*His voice trails off as he looks toward the spot where Bona disappeared.*

*The dark room is penetrated by grey light from the open door once again. Bluephisto has spent...hours?, days? Just lying there aching and terrified of what will happen. She flinches when the door opens but then forces herself to be calm. Screwtape walks in again, but this time he turns on a light when he comes in.
In the full, flourescent light of the room he is even uglier than before. His face has healed over from his fight with Macphisto but it is misshapen and distored. His eyes glitter with pleasure as he takes her helpless form in.*

Screwtape: Ahhh, Bluephisto. We never did get to fulfill our little agreement did we? I must say *He runs a finger up her leg* I feel a little cheated...
Bluephisto: Don't touch me you sick bastard. What the hell am I doing here?
Screwtape: *He stops his hand in surprize and looks with a twisted smile into her trembling face* You mean to tell me you don't know !? *Her eyes narrow* Oh, you poor, poor dear *He kisses her neck and she flinches violently. He draws away* So sorry, it's just that I can't resist a woman in chains. *His breath is intolerably hot and smoky and close to her face. She closes her eyes and turns away*
Bluephisto: Get...away...from...me.
Screwtape: *Sighs elegantly* I'm just doing my job dear.
Bluephisto: Your job?
Screwtape: Yes...*The pleasure he takes in telling her this is evident* An old friend of yours called me and told me to keep you down here.
Bluephisto: What!? Who?
Screwtape: You remember Macphisto don't you?
Bluephisto: *Almost chokes* Liar...you're lying. He loves me. That's just insane.
Screwtape: Oh, is it now? Well I recall he said something about you and someone named The...what was it again? Ah yes, the Fly. And a wedding, and you had to be removed. That was it.
Bluephisto: Liar. *She does blink back tears* Never in a million years would he do that.
Screwtape: *Giving her a pitying glance* If I could I would feel sorry for you Bluephisto.
Bluephisto: What does that mean?
Screwtape: I mean, you've been trying to get a devil to love you...
Bluephisto: He does love me you idiot.
Screwtape: He thinks he does. He really believes it, but devils just can't love. That's what separates us from everyone else dear. We can feel pain and, we can certainly feel *He looks at her body again* pleasure but the fact remains, we cannot feel love. In fact, there is something that I think you should see...
*The blank wall opposite Bluephisto becomes a screen and Macphiso's image fills the wall. He is sitting alone in the basement of the mansion, crying. Bluephisto cannot help but smile sadly at seeing him again, and missing her so much. Bona walked up to him and embraced him, rubbing his back and kissing the top of his head. He looks at a ring on her hand and says something...He rests his head on her chest and she rises. They talk and Macphisto looks troubled, suddenly he takes Bona in his arms and kisses her hard. Bluephisto cries out a little involuntarily. Screwtape smiles to himself*
Bluephisto: Mackie...
* The image keeps changing, soon they have undressed each other and Bona and Macphisto are having sex in the basement...*
Bluephisto: *Trying to turn away* Make it stop. Stop. STOP IT!!!!
Screwtape:*Leaning in her ear* You must know this...I'm so sorry. *The tape keeps playing and although Bluephisto shuts her eyes she can still see it in her mind...After they are finished the whole loop starts again with Macphisto sitting in the basement alone. While it plays over and over for hours, Screwtape has been whispering in her ear while she sobs...*
Screwtape: Do you see now what we are like? Heartless. We feel nothing...in fact we could not even feel the pain you feel right now...When I kiss you, for example *He kisses her lightly on the neck* I only feel skin and pleasure...That's what Macphisto is feeling now...just pleasure...would you like to feel that? Would you like this pain to stop? It's easy...Just become one of us...I can make you one of us and you will never feel this feeling again.
*He repeats this speech hundreds of times and each time he does she is more and more consumed by pain and hate for Bona and Macphisto and less resistant to him. At moments like this Screwtape loved his job...the doctored tape was working beautifully. He knew that she could sense that part of it actually happened and he smiled, revelling in the knowledge that lies are so much better when they have a grain of truth in them. She was probably even starting to believe that Macphisto had asked him to take her away, a fabrication Screwtape was particularly proud of. After hours of the tape, he finally paused it -Macphisto and Bona were frozen in mid kiss. Screwtape looked up at Bluephisto's beautiful but tormented and tear ravaged face...she was utterly broken. He smoothed some hair from her sweating brow gently*
Screwtape: So would you like me to help you? Would you like to stop feeling this way? You can do anything in the world and not feel any of it...
Bluephisto: *Trembling with hate and anger..She really thought that Macphisto had loved her.* Yes. Do it. Just do it.
Screwtape: *Smiles...* With pleasure.
*He climbs on top of her still restrained body, pressing his body into hers, and kisses her savagely for a long time. Bluephisto cries out in pain as she changes, but her mouth is covered by Screwtape's...she could have never imagined anything so cripplingly painful. She is flooded with an intense feeling that she has made a mistake...but soon it is replaced by a kind of numbness. Screwtape breaks the monsterous kiss and looks down at her...she is now a painfully beautiful devil*
Screwtape: Much, much better.
Bluephisto: *Stuggling under him*You lied!...I still feel terrible.
Screwtape: Oh dear...that will fade with time and distraction. Believe me, I will begin training you immediately...*He is filled with desire for the new temptress and runs a hand down her body, but thinks better of it and stops, kissing her chest and sliding off the table.* There are soo many things I want to do to...I mean with you. But first, I want to present you to someone, he will be so pleased to see you my dear. *He unlocks the chains that held her down and she rises, dizzy and sore. Her beautiful blue dress has changed to a very revealing red dress that fits her like a second, shimmering skin. Her deep, glossy black hair hangs seductively down her bare shoulders and the smokey makeup makes her ice blue eyes even more striking than they were before...Screwtape was very pleased with his work and he knew The Father Below would be too when he presented her to him. He escorted her out into the hallway and walked past all the other devils that stared at her with open jaws, with his arm around her waist...*
Screwtape: Ah Bluephisto, you do me proud my girl.
Bluephisto: *Dully* I'm not your girl.
*She is repulsed by Screwtape and cannot get his taste out of her mouth, but feels little besides rage towards Macphisto and Bona...The image of him kissing her and caressing her, his face filled with pleasure just will not leave her mind...For the first time in 3000 years she feels hatred.*

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-13-2001).]

*Bonaphisto arrives in Hell, and does her best to blend in as well as possible, trying to cope with the heat and blood everywhere. She passes a room with a table in the center. Knowing all too well what that table is used for she cringes, and is horrified even further when she sees MacPhisto's image cast upon the wall, her own image with it, frozen in what appears to be mid-kiss. She freezes as she watches the image change until she's watching herself having mad, raging sex with MacPhisto on the basement floor. The image pauses again as MacPhisto is in mid-thrust, his tounge lapping at the space between her collar bones, her head is thrown back onto the cement floor, back arched and mouth wide open in a cry of ecstacy. Bona watches all of this in horror, knowing full well that this exact scene has happened millions of times over the past 3,000 years, but it never occured tonight. She begins to tremble as she realizes exactly what they've done to Bluey. No doubt she's been transformed already. Bonaphisto comes to her senses and runs off toward a specific office, trying desperately to figure out how to repair the incredible damage done. She comes to Screwtape's door and knocks hard. There is no answer, and Bonaphisto breaks her way in. Screwtape looks up from his desk in surprise.*
Screwtape: Well, my dear Bona. I thought you'd gone human for the little drummer boy?
Bonaphisto: Fuck you. Where's Bluey?
Screwtape: My, what a mouth. Is that how one should speak to a supervisor?
Bonaphisto: Fuck you, Screwy. Where is she?
Screwtape: Fuck me? *he rises and crosses to her, reaching down between her legs and rubbing at her center.* Won't you please?
Bonaphisto: *wiggling out of Screwtape's molestation* What the fuck did you do to her?
Screwtape: Well I think you know that all too well.
Bonaphisto: Where is she?
Screwtape: With the Father Below, hating you and hating your precious Mackie-poo. *he laughs*
*Bonaphisto turns to run out of the room but Screwtape grabs her and pins her against the wall. She struggles to free herself, but Screwtape presses himself full against her and she does her best to kick him, anything she can do to free herself from his grasp. He suddenly looks down and gasps.*
Screwtape: What's this now? You're expecting the little Elvis-wannabe drummer's BABY?! Oh, that's just too much.
Bonaphisto: You lied to her! You created that tape to break her!!
Screwtape: That's true. The father admires her work and could use her around here...
Bonaphisto: NO!
*Screwtape moves to kiss her and she cannot do anything about it. She can't move and just as he's unzipping his pants, he's thrown off of her and onto the floor again. Shocked, Bonaphisto looks up and there stands Bluey, now a gorgeous devil. Bluey has Screwtape pinned to the floor of his office.*
Bonaphisto: Bluey! Thank god I found you...
Bluey: Fuck you.
Bonaphisto: Bluey please... it was fabricated!
Bluey: You've always been after him...
Bonaphisto: *trying to point out her transformation* Bluey, look at me! What am I?
Bluey: Besides a lying bitch? Nothing to me anymore. Now leave before I change my mind and decide to kill you again.
*Bonaphisto runs out of the room, physically injured and in tears and finds a staircase. She rushes up and up and up until she feels familiar red carpeting beneath her feet, and she runs down the hallways until she bursts into the bedroom and collapses to the floor, unconcious.*

*While all this has gone on, Larry has been pacing nervously back and forth. Adam finally speaks up and projects her image onto the wall, so they can watch Bona as she is in Hell trying to find Bluey. They have been watching this entire time and when Bona bursts into the room and collapses on the floor, Adam rushes over to her. He scoops her up in his arms, knowing how badly she's been injured. Larry is frozen with shock and can do almost nothing but stare, cry and pray. Adam examines her for a moment, then Fly, Bono and Larry are shocked to see tears stream down Adam's face. He holds her very close to him, almost burying his face in her neck and whispers frantically to her.*
Adam: Please don't do this, please don't die... Please, God... Bona, don't do this. I love you Bona, please don't do this...
*Larry's jaw hits the ground at this last phrase, but he says nothing. Bono runs off out onto the balcony and launches himself off into flight. Larry instinctively knows that Bono has gone for Jesus.*

*MacPhisto bursts into the room, sensing Bona's injury and his eyes fall upon the floor where Adam still clutches Bona tightly in his arms still whispering to her*

Adam: Just hang on, Bona... please stay with us. Bona, please hang on... I love you, please don't die...
*MacPhisto doesn't have to ask what happened, he knows already. He had been expecting it, dreading it. He only moves over to Adam and kneels down beside Bona, Adam still clutching her tightly and whispering to her frantically*
Adam: Please... please stay... I love you... Please don't go...

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 11-13-2001).]

Originally posted by Bonavoix:
Bluey has Screwtape pinned to the floor of his office.*
Screwtape: Well, welcome back...*He struggles a little against her grasp and shoves her off of him with some effort. Bluey sits with her back against the wall* That was a silly little stunt you just pulled my dear.
Bluephisto: Was it now?
Screwtape: Yes. *He rearranges his suit and stands over her, contemplating her utter indifference to him* Now what would be so wrong with me having a little fun with Bonaphisto? I thought you hated her.
Bluephisto: I do...I also hate you. So excuse me if I don't stand aside and let you satisfy yourself.
Screwtape: *Taking a step towards her* Well, now I'm all dressed up with no where to go...*He touches her hair, she doesn't even look up. This irritates him greatly and he walks away from her suddenly, sulking behind his desk* I trust your meeting with The Father went well?
Bluephisto: Well as could be expected...he didn't show up.
Screwtape: *Laughing* I forget how new you are...you look so, sophisticated. He was there you silly girl, he was watching you. No one ever has ever seen The Father, he sees us. He has, however communicated to me that he is very pleased with you and wants me to commence your training quickly.
Bluephisto: Training?
Screwtape: *He rises from the desk and slinks towards her* Though I must confess, you need almost no training to be a temptress...You are remarkably...effective *He traces a finger from her chin down to the last visible piece of skin showing through her low cut dress*It's hard for a man to think clearly around you, I can hardly imagine what you will do to the mortals! *He grips her face in his hands and leans in to kiss her, before he knows it he is on the ground again. Bluephisto cooly stands above him with one stiletto heel against his jugular*
Bluephisto: May I also remind you that I am also a remarkably effective assassin? Don't fucking push me, Screwtape.
*She turns and sits in a chair, lighting a cigarette. Screwtape rises and rubs his tender neck, smirking. He was teaching her to underestimate him, and she would be fun to break in. He rises to his feet...*
Screwtape: Let us begin our first lesson.

*In Larry's room, Macphisto watches Adam hold the injured Bona to his chest. He knew this was a bad idea. Bluey was still down there and Bona lay bleeding on the floor. Macphisto would have been concerned if he wasn't so damn tired. The Fly is staring at him, and motions for Macphisto to come out into the hallway. Knowing there is nothing more to do here but wait for Jesus, Macphisto follows The Fly into the room directly opposite. The Fly shuts the door and shifts his weight from foot to foot, anxiously*
The Fly: Where've you been Mac?
Macphisto: *Weary* I've been in the basement Fly.
The Fly: Yeah...I've been up here.
Macphsito: Do you have a point?
The Fly: Well...how did Bona get to be a devil?
Macphsito: *Sighs* I kissed her so she would become a devil.
The Fly: You kissed her!? *Macphisto saw his worn, worried face reflected back to him twinned in The Fly's ridiculous glasses*
Macphisto: I had to, I didn't do it because I felt like kissing someone you dolt.
The Fly: And then she became a devil?
Macphisto: *Collapses onto a couch, exasperated and exhausted* Yes, Fly...are you deaf!? I kissed her and she became a devil. Anything else?
The Fly: Does that work with anyone?
Macphisto: Yes. It works with anyone. Are we quite finished the theology semantics lesson now? Can I go? *Macphisto stands up, The Fly stands in his way with an odd expression on his face* Fly...what are you doing?
The Fly: I'm going after her.
Macphisto: You're an idiot. You're a human. What's more if Bona couldn't come back with her...
The Fly: No...Bluey just refused to go with her, or talk to her.
Macphisto: What? Why?
The Fly: She hates her.
Macphisto: Well why in the world would Bluey suddenly start to hate..
The Fly: They showed her a tape of you and Bona in the basement having sex.
Macphisto: *Horrified* WHAT!? But we didn't!!! I only kissed her to make her a-
The Fly: Okay, okay I believe you...long story short, I can come back with her. She doesn't hate me!
Macphisto: *Still reeling from the implications of what they have done to Bluey to break her* Go away Fly...I want to be..by myself now. *He pictures her having to watch that for hours. She must hate him now ...Macphisto wishes more than anything that he could just storm down there and take her out himself. It's torture to know what the woman he loves more than anything in heaven, hell or earth is being put through. As he feared, they are breaking her. *
The Fly: Mac, listen!!
Macphisto: *Pushing The Fly out of the room , on the verge of tears* Just leave me alone, I want to be alone right now...
The Fly: You have to make me a devil too, so I can go and get her!
Macphisto: *Still not listening, and pushing The Fly.* Get out...I've got to think, there has to be a way-
The Fly: Damn it Mac! *The Fly braces himself, grimacing. He grabs an unsuspecting Macphisto by the collar and kisses him hard on the lips. Macphisto's eyebrows shoot up and he pushes The Fly off him.*
Macphisto: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!?
The Fly: *Looking like he bit a lemon and wiping his mouth* Did it work?
Macphisto: *Shocked and disgusted, wiping his mouth too* Did what work!?
The Fly: *Feeling his head for horns* Am I a devil?
Macphisto: That's not the way it works you fucking moron!
The Fly: *Stepping towards Macphisto* Well make it work then! Come on do the thing...*He reaches for Macphisto's collar again* Kiss me Mac!
Macphisto: *Backs up quickly* Are you out of your MIND!? Get away from me you sophomoric idiot!
The Fly: Don't you want her back?
Macphisto: Yes, more than anything but you can't bring her back. *He sighs and sinks into the couch once again* You have no idea what it's like down there, no idea. You would just be throwing your life away, it really wouldn't be worth the effort. *Macphisto holds his head in his hands and The Fly looks down at him. The last thing in the world that Macphisto wants to do (besides kiss the Fly again) is to start crying in front of him, but a couple of tears escape. The Fly feels a little sorry for his rival and tries to rub his back like he's seen the angels do. Macphisto smacks his hand away*
The Fly: Sorry I kissed you there.
Macphisto: So am I. *Macphisto pauses and almost laughs at the absurdity of the last couple of sentances, but the impulse is so diluted in worry that the corners of his mouth don't even turn up. He looks at the Fly* I remember when the biggest thing between Bluey and I was you.
The Fly: Yeah?
Macphisto: Yes. I really miss those days right now.
The Fly: What are they doing to her?
Macphisto: *He pauses* Fly...have you ever had a dream so terrifying that when you woke up you were afraid to speak about it for fear that articulating it would somehow make it real?
The Fly: Yeah.
Macphisto: It's like that... I don't even want to talk about it and you really, really do not want to know. Suffice to say that I wish she had just been married to you instead.
The Fly: *Turning a little pale* Shit.
*The two men sit for a few minutes side by side staring off into space. The Fly gets up and walks towards the door.*
The Fly: I'm gonna check on Bona now.
Macphisto: Bona...oh right. I can't believe I forgot.
The Fly: *Before he closes the door he looks at the haggard yet elegant Macphisto on the couch and smirks* Hey Mac...
Macphisto: What Fly?
The Fly: You are, hands down, the worst date I've ever had. *He shuts the door. As he looks down the hallway he notices a dark trail...it's Bona's blood. The Fly bends down and inspects it. The trail runs down the stair and around the corner. The Fly straightens his shades and follows the trail down all sorts of stairs until he gets to a room within a room, within a room. In the final room there is a door that is usually behind a mirror. The mirror was thrown aside when Bona rushed out of Hell. This was the portal to Hell.*
The Fly: Holy shit.
*The Fly slowly turns the knob and reels as oppressive heat and the smell of blood hit him. He steadies himself, sighs, unzips his black leather jacket and steps into the Inferno.*

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-14-2001).]

*Bluephisto opens her eyes, or at least she thought she did...everything is as black as it was when they were closed. She tries to raise an aching arm to the back of her throbbing head and gasps as something holds her wrists down to the hard surface she is lying on. She tries to focus, in the distance she can hear murmuring or machines...but it sounds far off and diffuse. Whatever it is, it is unpleasant, and causes a shiver to run down her back. Everything hurts like she had run for days, and she notices that there are chains, or something around her ankles as well.
A door opens and a tall figure walks in, sillouetted in dim, dirty, grey light. The figure bends over her, smoking, and she recognizes the still-healing, mangled face*

Bluephisto: Oh my God...
Screwtape:*Blowing smoke in her face* Not here. This is a "God-Free Zone" I'm afraid.
Bluephisto: *Angry and terrified* What did you do to me? Why am I here? Where am I?
*Screwtape brushes her neck with his long fingers, smirks, and walks out, shutting the door behind him. Everything is black once more.*

*Macphisto is sitting in pitch darkness on the floor of the lowest basement in the mansion because he knows it's as close as he can get to her now. He suspects she is also in darkness right now, and alone if she is lucky. It was torture to know what they would do to her...he wished he had no idea, but he had seen it a couple of times before. Even then, even in the midst of Hell, the brutality that they were capable of where she was now had burned itself into his consciousness. He would rather see her marry The Fly a thousand times over, than down there. He could have performed the wedding ceremony himself and not feel what he was feeling now...
The worst part was, he was utterly powerless to stop it.*

*MacPhisto walks out of the opposite bedroom and back to Larry's room, where Adam has moved Bona to the bed. He's doing his best to heal her as much as he can, but not much is happening. As soon as Mac walks in the room, Larry shoots a glare at him that would have killed him if looks could kill.*
MacPhisto: Larry, it never fucking happened. They fabricated it to break Bluey.
Larry: Why should I believe you?
MacPhisto: *slipping* Because I can't lie.
*Adam looks up from Bona's broken frame, shocked. Larry steps back a little, and it dawns on him what is different about MacPhisto.*
Larry: You're an...
MacPhisto: An angel. I made a deal with God to make me an angel so Bluey could trust me and it kinda backfired.
Larry: No kidding... *pauses* So that tape of you and Bona...
MacPhisto and Adam together: It never happened.
MacPhisto: I kissed her to make her a devil again and that was it.
Adam: Well she has to become human again somehow... Jesus can't heal her at all if she's still a devil.
*MacPhisto inches over to her and sits beside her on the bed.*
MacPhisto: Adam, I've never done this before.
Adam: It's okay... go ahead.
*MacPhisto leans forward and brushes a hand across Bona's forehead. He reaches up and takes her horns, pulling at them until they give and come off her head. She starts to tremble and MacPhisto brushes another light kiss across her lips. She trembles even harder and the three men watch as her body transforms back to it's human state. Bona's body settles, and the three men look up to see Bono re-enter the room, Jesus closely behind.*

The Fly: Heeeeey, how ya doing?
*The thin, dusty devil clerk turned to look at the strange looking mortal in the leather suit and huge glasses. He just stood there audaciously as if he belonged.*
The Fly: Okay, I'll take that as a good. I'm fine too, thanks for asking. I was wondering where is your boss?
*The clerk just stares...The Fly was a rock star and used to getting his way, and he thought Hell would be a lot worse than this.*
The Fly: Hello? Do you speak english down here? *Louder and slower* I need to see your BOSS, capeche?..Take me to your leader!
Clerk: I speak english.
The Fly: Oh hey! That's just great. So where's your boss?
Clerk: *Looking around to see if anyone else was curious about this bizarre mortal who was unattended but didn't seem to need attending. Most mortals down here unattended would have escaped by now, this one seemed to want in ...He must be someone special*
Clerk: You have clearance?
The Fly: Yeah...oh yeah. I got clearance.
Clerk: Okay, I'm going there with these files. You can come with me.
The Fly: *Slaps the Clerk on the back and lights a cigar from a nearby well of fire* Thanks hombre. Let's go.
*The Fly is inwardly gracious for his gift of bravado and searches for Bluey out of the side of his shades as the clerk takes him to meet The Father Below..*

the three men look up to see Bono re-enter the room, Jesus closely behind.*
*Larry's mouth is still open from the news...*
Larry: Lemme get this straight. You're an angel!?
Macphisto: *Annoyed* Yes, Larry. I seem to have to repeat everything I say tonight two or three times...*Jesus enters the room and everyone turns. Macphisto still doesn't look terribly impressed by the whole situation, but he doesn't move away either*
Jesus: *With a big smile* Hey Mac! Good to see you.
Macphisto: Thanks...*Crossing his arms in front of him awkwardly* You too.
Jesus: *Smiles and pats Macphisto on the shoulder* You'll do just fine. *Macphisto continues to look at the floor. Jesus laughs as he hugs Larry, Adam, and Bono hello* Mac, you crack me up.
*Jesus kneels over Bona and does his work. Everyone in the room watches closely. After Jesus put the sleeping Bona on the bed and leaves. Everyone turns to Macphisto who is standing near the balcony*
Adam: *Adjusting his thin glasses* How are you feeling?
Macphisto: Great Adam, just fantastic . If I hadn't made this ridiculous deal, she would be back by now.
Larry: You're really a ...an angel ? How do I know you're not lying about that?
Macphisto: *A little miserable* Trust me, I am...it takes some getting used to.
Larry: How is it different?
Macphisto: Sorry Larry, I'm not up for a lecture on comparative spiritual states right now. *Macphisto sinks into a chair and lights a cigar*
Larry: *Flippantly*Well if you are an angel, you are the bitchiest angel I've ever met.
Macphisto: *Larry's last comment, although meant to be light, was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back. Macphisto throws his cigar to the marble floor and stands up quickly, as angry as anyone has ever seen him* Look Mr Mullen, if I'm not fucking cheery enough for you how about you put Bona back in Hell, make her hate you more than anything in the world, and sit up here with the knowledge of exactly what unnamable tortures they are inflicting upon her at this very moment and then while you're at it why don't you just tie your hands so you can do nothing but sit there and fucking watch! *He walks towards Larry and Larry's eyebrows go up* When you do all those things you can come back here after a couple of days of this and tell me to smile a little more but as it is...The woman you love is safe, her mind and body are intact, *He gestures emphatically to Bona's sleeping figure*she's right there beside you on the bed. She loves you. She's even going to bloody Marry you and have your baby . *Macphisto hisses these last words out and looks away from everyone for a second, biting his lip. When he looks back at Larry, his eyes are full of tears* I can say none of those things, so I think you should keep your mouth shut you lucky son of a bitch.
Larry: *really sorry* Mac...I'm so sorry.
*Macphisto has already left the room*

*He walks towards Larry and Larry's eyebrows go up* When you do all those things you can come back here after a couple of days of this and tell me to smile a little more but as it is...The woman you love is safe, her mind and body are intact, *He gestures emphatically to Bona's sleeping figure* she's right there beside you on the bed. She loves you. She's even going to bloody Marry you and have your [/i]baby.[/i] *Macphisto hisses these last words out and looks away from everyone for a second, biting his lip. When he looks back at Larry, his eyes are full of tears* I can say none of those things, so I think you should keep your mouth shut you lucky son of a bitch.
Larry: *really sorry* Mac...I'm so sorry.
*Macphisto has already left the room*

*Larry rises and moves out to the balcony. He leans against the rail and stares out into the gardens, feeling very sorry and very guilty for MacPhisto. It's been a long time since he'd felt this guilty about setting someone off, and as it was he really could not imagine the pain MacPhisto must be in. Larry honestly wished there was some way to help, or at least find a way to let Bluey know that Bona and MacPhisto never had sex like they showed her. Larry turned when he felt a hand on his shoulder. Adam stood before him. Adam's earlier words hit Larry again like a ton of bricks, and again he could see Adam on the floor, clutching Bona to his chest whispering over and over "I love you..." Adam sensed his thoughts and spoke.*
Adam: Larry, please listen...
Larry: Why is it that every man in this house seems to be falling in love with my fiancee?
Adam: Larry, I'm sorry.
Larry: *shrugs dismissively* No, that's alright... Everyone else has, why not have you jump on the bandwagon too, right Adam?
Adam: Larry, that's not it at all. *pauses, figuring out exactly how he should phrase this* My time with Bona is long over.
*Larry's head snaps toward him, giving him a look that says without words "Elaborate."
Adam: Bona was born human. She was born over 3,000 years ago in what is today Ireland. When she was in her late twenties I was assigned to her to protect her. Satan was after her desperately because of her ability to bring a man to his knees. I was warned about her, but over the course of the several years I was assigned to her, I fell in love with her. *he sighs* Listen... *he moves closer to Larry and lowers his voice.* What I'm about to tell you not many people know about. By that I mean the only other people that have any knowledge or recollection of any of this is God, Bluey and Bono.
Larry: Ok... continue.
Adam: Larry, I fell for her. Just like Bono did. I lost my wings, I lost everything. I almost lost Heaven for her too. I became totally human and I'll have to say it was the scariest experience I've ever had. Bona was the only thing that kept me going, that and my contact with Bluey and Bono. When I fell, I lost all ability to locate her, so I spent days, weeks even wandering through the streets trying to find her. I had nowhere to stay, nothing to eat or drink at all. I lived off the land as best as I knew how until I'd finally lost all hope and patience and I gave up. She found me on a street corner one morning, unconcious, starved and left for dead. She took me home, and when I woke up her face was the first thing I saw. Over the course of my healing I suppose she saw something in me, and when I was healthy again we began a very intense affair. I was away one afternoon gathering food and when I'd returned, MacPhisto had gotten to her. There was no warning, nothing. That morning I left her standing in the kitchen, a human and the love of my life, and I returned to a devil, no longer able to feel anything. I would gladly have died after that and decended into Hell if it meant being with her, but Bluey and Bono wouldn't hear of it. They stayed by my side and pulled me out of the pithole I was in, and God was gracious enough to allow me to take my position as an archangel again. That's how it's been ever since.
Larry: So you were the first...
Adam: Yes, I was the first for her.
Larry: I never suspected anything until now, Adam.
Adam: All I want is her happiness and her saftey.
Larry: Why not go for more?
Adam: Because she doesn't love me. She loves you. Can't you see that? She closes her eyes and you're all she can see, hear, taste, touch, feel. Turn around and look at her, Larry.
*They turn, and there lies Bona, lying on her side fast asleep, her arms cradled around her belly. Even her face seems contented as she sleeps.*
Larry: She's beautiful.
Adam: More than that, Larry, do you know what she's doing with her arms around her belly like that?
Larry: What?
Adam: *leans in closer to him* She's holding the baby. Your baby.
*Larry bites his lower lip, and he shakes his head. A tear falls down his cheek.*
Adam: That's how much she loves you.
*Adam walks back inside, where Bono sits on the bed, watching Bona sleep. Larry follows him, and he sits on the edge of the bed. Bona's eyes open slowly and she gazes up at Larry, his blue eyes shining with the trace of tears.*
Bona: Lars, what's wrong?
Larry: Nothing, Bona. Absolutely nothing.
*he leans down and kisses her.*
Bona: I couldn't get to her... she wouldn't even talk to me.
Larry: We know. We were watching you.
Bona: They showed her that awful tape... I can't imagine having to watch something like that... And it never even happened! They lied to her! She hates me.
*She drops her head onto Larry's shoulder and sobs hard. He rubs her back and tries to calm her, whispering that everything will be okay somehow.*
Adam: It's really about time for me to go check on MacPhisto...

*Adam walks down the hallways, and finally locates MacPhisto sitting on the floor, holding a knife in his hands, staring at it like it's his salvation. There's blood running off of it, and Adam looks Mac over frantically, trying to figure out where the blood is coming from. Then his eyes fall upon the sleeves of MacPhisto's gold jacket, which are now stained with a dark, deep red and the stench of blood fills the room. Blood is running down MacPhisto's arms and in his lap... and he sits on the floor sobbing still.*

Adam: Mac!!! What have you done!?
Macphisto: *Standing unsteadily and backing away* Adam, I have to go.
Adam: Macphisto..please. Come here. Don't be foolish. I don't think you understand.
Macphisto: *Shouting* I do understand!!! That is the entire problem right there!!! I understand exactly what they have done to her, I understood while they were doing it and I sat here, helpless. I can't bear it Adam. This *He holds out his lacerated wrists*will surely send me to Hell, we got all the suicides down there. I can save her, worse is coming and I refuse to just sit here and wait to feel that too!!!
Adam: Mac...you can feel her? From here?
Macphisto: Yes, sometimes I can, only when it's very bad for her...I have to go Adam, I can't just stay here and wait.
Adam: Macphisto...this won't send you to Hell.
Macphisto: *Getting a little weak from the blood loss and his shouting slumps against a wall. Adam supports him* No?
Adam: No *He slowly reaches Macphisto's arms and holds his hands over the gashes, healing them.* If you died from this you would just be extinguished. You would just stop existing, it's the only way an angel can really die...You would never ever see her again.
Macphisto: *Still groggy and leaning on Adam* Oh my God...I really had no idea! *Adam hugs him and rubs his back and Macphisto just slumps over him, hopeless* Adam, what if she never comes back? What will I do?
Adam: Mac, we'll find a way.
Macphisto: *Almost passed out but safe from dying* We can't let her, they are going to do worse to her, I know what will happen...I know...*Adam doesn't want to know whatever it is Macphisto knows. Adam puts an arm under Macphisto and helps him out of the room.*
Adam: Come on, let's get you a clean suit, okay?
Macphisto: Fine.
*They make their way to Macphisto's room and he changes into a black velvet suit...Adam looks at him, marvelling at the change which is subtle but profound. Macphisto, despite all his grief looks young, and the blue of his eyes are almost unbearable. Macphisto adjusts his false horns in the mirror and smooths down his hair which lately wants to curl up into black waves.*
Macphisto: Well, let's go. *In a monotone* I feel much better.
Adam: Good to hear. How are the wings treating you?
Macphisto: You know, it's strange, but I hardly notice them really. *He slips a hand into the pocket of his coat and freezes*
Adam: What's wrong?
Macphisto: *He slowly pulls a small gold ring out of the pocket and Adam sees him look up at the ceiling to prevent himself from crying again* Just a ring...I gave it to her once and she threw it back at me. I always kept it in case I ever got the chance to give it to her properly *As Adam looks at Macphisto gazing down at the ring in his hand, Adam can see for the first time why someone like Bluey would love him*
Adam: Hang on to it...you'll get your chance.
Macphisto: *Smiles sadly* I would give anything to believe you.
*They walk out of the room, and back to Larry and Bona's*

*MacPhisto and Adam enter, and Bona is sitting on the bed with Larry, talking seriously. They have been talking about the wedding.*
Bona: Do you think we should have it that soon? I mean honestly?
Larry: Are you hesitant?
Bona: Not about us, but it just seems like that's not enough time to plan...
Adam: When's the wedding?
Larry and Bona: A little over a week.
MacPhisto: Wow... a little quick, don't you think?
Bona: With the baby coming we don't want to wait too long. Thankfully I'm over the morning sickness though. That's the last thing I need to be going through on my wedding day. That, and I want to still be able to fit in my dress, so the sooner the better.
Adam: I'd have to agree.
Bono: Any ideas on a dress?
Bona: Well, yeah, but I can't do anything about that with Lars here.
Larry: Why?
Bona: Tradition, dear. You're not allowed to see the dress before the wedding.
Larry: Right.
Bona: Oh, hey Mackie?
MacPhisto: Yes?
Bona: I hate to imply this on you, but could we use your mansion for the wedding?
MacPhisto: Absolutely.
Larry: What else do we need?
Bona: Flowers, rings, guests, the whole shot.
Bono: Well, Larry, how do you feel about shopping for a tuxedo?
Larry: Sure. *rises to leave with Bono*
*Bono crosses to Bona and gives her a hug.*
Bona: Thanks for everything. I'll see you two in a bit?
*Bono suddenly freezes and holds Bona even closer, a concerned and almost panicked look on his face.*
Bona: Bono, what's wrong?
Bono: Ehm... *shoots a look at Adam.* You know how I discovered your pregnancy? I held you on the rooftop and felt the other life inside you? Do you remember me explaining that to you?
Bona: *panic rising in her voice* Yes... Bono is something wrong?
*Larry looks concerned and searches Bono's face for an answer. Bono lets her go and motions for Adam to come over and makes another motion for Adam to hold Bona exactly the way Bono was. Adam comes up to her and wraps his arms around her waist, pulling her right up to him and clutching her tightly. After a minute he lets her go and shoots Bono a look like "I think you're right." The two angels contemplate Bona for a minute and then Bono speaks up.*
Bono: Bona... *sigh* I don't feel the baby anymore.

The Fly: Hey...pssst! You! Yeah you with the horns. *The Fly held out a cigar* You gotta light baby? *The baffled clerk in front of The Fly snapped his fingers and a small flame leapt out. The Fly smiled and lit his cigar* Wow, that must be popular with the ladies! *The clerk sighs and raises an eyebrow. They were standing with about 900 other demons in the Great Hall, the place where The Father resided. Not that anyone had ever seen The Father, but this is where his voice was heard. Being such a "holy" place, everyone observed an almost ritualistic code of behavior. No laughing, no speaking out of turn, best dress only, no talking back...there were even designated spots to stand according to your status in Hell. The most presitgious demons got to stand close to the towering throne, which was so high that no one could see The Father sitting on it at the top. The Fly and the clerk stood at the back of the room, The Fly looked around. This place wasn't so bad. From what Macphisto had told him he expected them to be dismembering people in the hallways. It was just a little musty, he decided. He leans over to the clerk again.*
The Fly: So is Satan showing up soon? I don't have all day.
Clerk: You must stay silent and wait to be addressed. Furthermore, you must address him as "The Father".
The Fly: Fine...*He hated waiting*.

*Screwtape ushered Bluephisto into the Great Hall and they stood near the towering black throne. Screwtape held Bluephisto's arm behind her back. He had warned her in the hallway that if she started to cry in the Hall, he would give her something to cry about later. She was silent, and her eyes were dead like plastic. Still her outward appearance in the black dress and gloves was so hauntingly beautiful that many tempters turned from their spots to stare at her hungrily.
The Fly: *Grabs the Clerk excitedly, which annoys the clerk to no end* Hey! Hey! I know her! *He points to Bluey* I Know her!!! BLUEY!!! HEY BABY! OVER HERE!
*Bluephisto thought she heard her name, but trumpets blared a fanfare and drowned it out before she could be certain. A solemn figure took the middle of the floor and started to read a text from a long scroll in a loud voice in the language of Hell. Finally, he rolled up the scroll and walked off to the side and smoke started to pour down from the throne, indicating The Father's presence. The Fly jumped at his chance and pushed his way out onto the floor. Gasps filled the room at the breech in protocol. Bluephisto's jaw drops open in surprise, The Fly came to take her back!?*
The Fly: Hey...Sorry to interrupt but I just want to say this really quick everybody...*He pushes up the sleeves on his leather jacket and continues, totally oblivious to the glares from 900 directions* You all have a nice place and everything, it's not as bad as I thought it would be, really! But my girlfriend got taken down here and she didn't do anything so I'm here to take her back...Sorry for the interrupt-*A voice echoes through the entire hall and everyone but The Fly falls to their knees*
Voice: WHO ARE YOU!?
The Fly: *Turning around, looking for the source of the voice* Who said that?
Voice: IT IS I...THE FATHER BELOW.
The Fly: Oh good. Just the guy I wanted to see.
Voice: WHO ARE YOU?
The Fly: *Running a hand through his hair*You mean you don't recognize me? I'm kind of a big rock star. Maybe you don't get Mtv down here...
Voice: Prove it. *A guitar is thrust at The Fly*
The Fly: You want me to play something!?
Voice: Show me before I kill you.
The Fly: *Gulps a little* Sure thing...Just a min. *He thinks and adjusts his glasses, strapping the guitar on* Any requests?
Voice: *Laughs* Just play, mortal.
*The Fly turns and finds a mic in front of him. He strums a couple of chords and then starts to play for the court of Hell. Bluephisto is now convinced that she has finally passed out again and is dreaming this...it's just not possible.*
The Fly: *Looking at Bluey as he sings in a low voice over the introduction to the song* Love...you shine like a burning star that's fallin' from the sky...tonight *Somehow the sound of the single guitar expands to become the whole band. The Fly breaks into his song with gusto. When he finishes there is no applause until a slow clapping is heard from the throne. Everyone quickly follows suit and applauds loudly.*
Voice: Another. *To Bluephisto's astonishment, The Fly keeps playing song after song and The Father keeps applauding and requesting another. The Fly is equally amazed that he was not vapourized or some shit by now. Finally, there is a long silence after the applause...no one dares breathe*
Voice: You please me. What do you want?
The Fly: *Pushing hair from his sweaty face* Well, first of all this disembodied voice thing is creepy. Come out. Lemme see ya if we're going to chat.
*Gasps echo around the room and stop abruptly as a figure is seen coming from the throne. A blond man in a black suit descends the stairs and stands before the stunned assembly. Satan, the Lord of all Evil, a remarkably average looking blond man with a calm face stands before The Fly in a totally black suit*
The Fly: *Totally unimpressed* I didn't figure you for a blonde.
Satan: Really?
The Fly: Nah. Hmm. Funny world.
Satan: What is it you desire?
The Fly: To take my girlfriend home.
Satan:*amused* I can give you anything you want...anything.
The Fly: Yeah, that's pretty much it. Just her.
Satan: *Shrugs* Alright then, I suppose so..you did entertain me for the first time in thousands of years. Which one is she?
The Fly: *He smiles towards Bluephisto and walks over to her, taking her hand and pulling her away from Screwtape.* This is her. I want to take her home with me. *Screwtape pulls her back towards him and The Fly turns to him*
The Fly: Man...if you pull her back to you one more time I am going to fucking pop you one, got it?
*Satan bursts out laughing at the strange man in the large dark glasses. He really amused him for the first time in ages. He motions for Screwtape to release Bluephisto which he does quickly, but he glares daggers at her as The Fly takes her to the middle of the floor.*
Satan: Wait. That temptress is your girlfriend?
The Fly: Yeah.
Satan: *Pointing at Bluephisto with a frown* This one?
The Fly: *Totally casual* Yeah, we were even going to get hitched before you all shanghi-ed her on me.
Satan: I don't know if I can let you take this one...take any other woman you desire. I have plans for this one here.
*The room is packed with sexy temptresses but The Fly doesn't even look around*
The Fly: Nope. Sorry. Just this one.
Satan: *Sighing* Well, alright then. I will make you a deal...
The Fly: Listening...
Satan: You can take her home if you go all the way home in front of her and don't look back once.
The Fly: Okay. Sounds good. If I look back, she stays, right?
Satan: *grinning* Right, and I also get to keep you around for my entertainment. Deal?
The Fly: *Thinks to himself that he got a good deal* Deal! Starting now?
Satan: What?
The Fly: Starting now? I can't look back as of...now?
Satan: Oh yes, starting now. *The Fly turns and finds what looks like the world's longest staircase up. It gets narrower and narrower towards the top. He starts to climb. Satan smiles. He knows with The Fly's attention span and his impulsiveness that he and Bluephisto are as good as his.*
The Fly: *Calling back* Bluey..are you following me?
Satan: *Watching her slowly start to climb the stairs after him* She's coming. *Soon she would be back though. She was Screwtape's little toy for now, but Satan actually had his eye on her...A former angel, an assassin at that...the idea was intriguing.*
*The Fly just keeps climbing. He almost looks back to make sure that she is actually there, that she is okay, or that she is still following him but he just keeps going up. He even takes his shades off because he worries that seeing her reflection in the lens accidently might count as "looking back". He climbs for what must have been twenty minutes, his legs ache and he wants to collapse but he just keeps going singing snatches of songs to keep him focused*
The Fly: If you walk away walk away,
Walk away, walk away...I will follow..
*He was so tired and hot he was almost delirious by now. He listened. He couldn't hear any steps behind him...nothing. Maybe she wasn't there and he was just leaving without her...they were all probably laughing at him back in Hell. He almost turned just to see...just to make sure she was there but he stopped himself, closed his eyes and began to climb again*
The Fly: Don't you turn around...don't you turn around again, don't turn around, your gypsy heart....
*Finally, he reached the door. He was just about dead by now and turned the knob, stepping inside. He stood there for what seemed like forever with his eyes closed and the door open so that Bluephisto could come back in if she was indeed there.*
Bluephisto: Fly...Fly, you can shut the door now. *He shut the door, his eyes still closed tightly*
The Fly: Can I look now?
Bluephisto: Yes, open your eyes. *He opened his eyes. He was back in the secret room in the mansion with Bluephisto. He couldn't believe it. She smiled in relief and sat on the floor.* You saved me...you actually just walked into Hell and took me out!!! You're CRAZY!!
The Fly: Well, baby, you stood me up. I'm not a man to give up easy! *He looked at her sitting on the floor. She was indeed a devil now. Her makeup was heavier and she was white as paper, and horns pierced her black hair...but she was still beautiful to him. He held out a hand to her*
The Fly: Come here baby. *He pulls her up and moves to hold her but she pushes him away with a grimace*
Bluephisto: *Her eyes are shiny with tears. She whispers: * I'm sorry Fly...I just I don't want to be touched right now. Okay?
The Fly: *Confused but gentle* Okay honey, whatever you want...Whatever you want is fine. I'm just glad you are back.
*They hear doors opening and feet pounding down flights of stairs. Bluephisto stands behind The Fly with narrowed, anxious eyes* It's okay honey...It's just the others, we were all worried sick about you...Especially Macphist-
Bluephisto:*Slapping a hand over his mouth* I don't even want to HEAR his name, okay? Just keep him out of the room.
The Fly: But Bluey, honey...
Bluephisto: *She looks up at him pleadingly* Please Fly...Please I can't deal with everything right now. *He nods and moves to the door to intercept the trio of angels that are racing down the stairs*
The Fly: Sure thing honey..sure thing. Bono and Adam are alright for now?
Bluephisto: Yes...Fly?
The Fly: *From the doorway, replacing his shades* Yeah baby?
Bluephisto: *Her voice wavering from emotion and fatigue* Thank you so much. So much. You have no idea what it was like...
The Fly: *wants to hug her, but remembers she needs space, so he just blows her a kiss* Anytime baby..anytime.
*Bluephisto stands with her head in her hands...she listens to the four men outside the door whisper about her and she collapses onto the black satin couch...exhausted in every way*

Bono: Bona... *sigh* I can't feel the baby anymore.

*Bona stands in shock, near tears. Larry pulls her to him, taking her head and placing it on her shoulder.*
Bona: *swallowing tears* The baby... I can't have lost the baby...
Larry: *choking back his own tears* It'll be alright.
Adam: We don't know for sure yet, so don't worry too much until we do...
Bono: *cutting him off, speaking urgently* Bluey's back.
Adam: The Fly, I can't believe it. We need to go.
*Adam and Bono practically sprint out of the room and MacPhisto follows them. Adam turns, stopping him.*
Adam: Mac, I'll bet you almost anything she's not going to want to see you.
MacPhisto: She has to know the truth.
Adam: *sigh* Fine.
*The three men run out of the room, leaving Larry and Bona alone, trying to cope with the possibility of losing their child. The thought horrifies Bona, and she finally breaks down and sobs on Larry's shoulder. He holds her tightly, closely, trying his best to comfort her through his own upset.*

*Adam, Bono and MacPhisto run through hallways, down corridors and down staircases until they come to a room. The door opens and out steps the Fly. He looks at MacPhisto apologetically.*
The Fly: Well, she's back. She's a bit traumatized, but she's mostly okay.
MacPhisto: Can we see her?
The Fly: Well, they can see her. *gestures to Adam and Bono.* I'm sorry, Mac. She doesn't even want to hear your name right now.
MacPhisto: *nearing tears* But... it never fucking happened! It was a bloody lie!
The Fly: I know that. She doesn't. I doubt she'll believe it if she does find out.
Adam: She's a devil now?
The Fly: Yeah. She's a devil.
Bono: Somebody's gotta talk to her.
Adam: Well, let's go. Mac, you go and keep an eye on Bona and Larry.
*MacPhisto reluctantly walks back toward Bona and Larry's room. Adam, Bono and the Fly all walk into the room and find Bluey asleep on the couch. Adam walks over to her and crouches in front of her.*
Adam: Bluey, wake up.
*She opens her eyes heavily.*
Adam: Bluey, how are you feeling?
Bluey: I'm just thankful to be out of there.
Adam: I can imagine why. Bluey, there's certain things you need to know...

*Screwtape leads Bluephisto from his office down a hall.*
Bluephisto: Where are we going?
Screwtape: To commence your training.
*As Bluephisto follows Screwtape she shudders as demons walking past lick their lips when they see her. She walks a little closer to Screwtape.*
Bluephisto: What kind of training?
Screwtape: Well, there are many steps in training a new tempter or temptress...dissection of the human psychology, intense scrutiny of the enemy's techniques, desenistization to the suffering of others. *He opens a door with a key and enters the room beckoning for her to follow.* Fortunately, what made you such an attractive candidiate for the position is that you have extensive experience in all of these fields. *Bluephisto looks around the room, it is very dimmly lit and she can make out bookshelves and a desk. Screwtape dissapears into an adjoining room, still talking through the closed door* In fact, you outrank many of our senior tempters in many areas. Your knowledge of theology, and your manipulative abilities are almost unmatched; but you do need to learn one thing before you are the perfect temptress.
Bluephisto: What is that?
Screwtape: *He returns from the other room wearing only a black robe* You have to learn to separate love from sex.
Bluephisto: *Taking in the robe and backing up to the door, disguisted* And you think you're going to teach me that?
Screwtape: If I must...oh don't bother, the door is quite locked. *Bluephisto tries the door anyway and she cannot budge it. Her heart starts to pound, she tries not to show her fear. Screwtape is right behind her. He puts his hands on her waist.*
Screwtape: This could be pleasurable if you let it...*He runs a hand down her arm and Bluephisto takes a swing at him but faster than she can even see, he has her pinned to the floor.*
Bluephisto: How did you...what!?
Screwtape: Yes, I'm afraid I outrank you here. *Bluephisto fights him but he holds her down. She looks at the door*
Screwtape: Are you waiting for someone? Is someone going to burst through that door and save you at the last minute from me? *He shakes his head and kisses her ear* Not this time dear. *He smiles, a new thought just occuring to him and he whispers to her* You know...I'm a little amazed he hasn't bothered to show up either. But I know that he's probably watching us...
Bluephisto: *Really fighting now* Get the fuck off me you sick bastard! NO!
Screwtape: *He frowns and slaps her so hard she bleeds* Shut up.
* No one comes this time.*

*Macphisto of course cannot see them, but he is well acquainted with the brutality of Hell and he sits in a room alone sobbing into his hands for hours.*

*She wakes up alone. The room is dark again and she feels...sick. Bluephisto sits up and everything is painful, she has nothing on. The door opens and a bundle of clothes are thrown in at her feet, a voice tells her to get dressed, The Father wants to see her. Slowly, she crawls to the clothes and holds them to her. She finds a lamp and it's feeble light flickers on at her touch. Bluephisto looks down, her skin is bleeding almost everywhere...scratch marks and bite marks and bruises. She shakes and everything comes flooding back to her...she is so disguisted that she is physically sick in a trash can. For a long time she just cries and cries, and tries to forget it all. There is a knock at the door and she dresses in a long black dress quickly with shaking hands and crouches behind the desk. The door opens, it's Screwtape. He sees her immediately and talks to her as though nothing happened*
Screwtape: You're not ready yet? *He grabs her again and she immediately begins to fight him, but he holds her arms down by her sides.* Stop that. You need to get cleaned up, I can't take you there like this. *He shoves her into the bathroom and she slams the door in his face, locking it.*
Bluephisto: Get away from me! *She hears keys jangle and the door opens. Screwtape looks annoyed.*
Screwtape: Clean up. *She just cries so he shakes his head and wipes the blood off of her face roughly with a towel. He spins her around and laces her dress up in the back cruelly tight, and jams long black elbow gloves onto her shaking arms to cover the cuts and bruises. Satisfied, he drags her out of the bathroom like a doll and almost carries her down the long dark hallway.*
Screwtape: Don't embarass me in there my girl.
Bluephisto: *Dully, and through tears* I'm not your girl you sick fuck!
Screwtape: *Holds her arm painfully tight* Oh yes...you are.
Bluephisto: And why is that?
Screwtape: *Harshly, still dragging her down the corridor* Because no one else wants you.

*Macphisto reluctantly made his way up stairs to Bona and Larry's room. He stood outside the door and knocked. He could hear Bona crying and Larry murmuring things to her. Larry opened the door.*
Larry: Hey.
Macphisto: Larry, she's back.
Larry: She is!? Oh thank God. That's great. I'd come down and say hello but...
Macphisto: *A little darker than he intended* She doesn't want visitors right now.
Larry: How'd she...?
Macphisto: The Fly, actually. *He sighs* I'm sure we'll all hear about it multiple times in the next few weeks. How are you, both of you?
Larry: Well...*Macphisto reads his thoughts*
Macphisto: I expected as much. *He stood there awkwardly. How does one check on people anyway?*
Larry: Well, thanks. I'm glad she's back.
Macphisto: I almost can't believe it.
*Larry waves and Macphisto, having fufilled his task hurries back downstairs to be near Bluey in case she came to her senses*

*Bono crouches beside Bluephisto on the couch. Something definitly happened down there. She didn't want anyone to touch her, and she kept looking at the door nervously.*
Adam: Bluey, there are some things you need to know.
Bono: Do you need anything? Something to eat or drink? What would you like? *Adam looks up in surprise at the interruption. Bono thinks at him that she needs to rest before absorbing any more shock today and Adam agrees*
Adam: Yes...Bluey dear, what would you like to do?
Bluey: I'd like to take a bath.
Bono: *Kindly* Of course. *He offers his hand* Do you need help?
Bluephisto: No, no...I can stand on my own. *She stands and wavers*
Adam: Are you sure?
Bluephisto: Well, I'm just a little tired...
Adam: *Sensing her need for control at this point* Okay, who would you like to carry you?
Bluephisto: *Quietly* Fly...
*Adam summons the Fly and whispers what's going on in his ear. He smiles at Bluephisto and approaches her slowly, she hesitantly wraps an arm around her and he lifts her off the ground. As soon as he begins to walk, she has put her head against his shoulder and is out like a light*
The Fly: *Whispering* Aww, poor honey. She's so tired! *They hear rapid footsteps on the stairs above them which slow as Macphisto senses Adam and Bono, and ...Bluey. The Fly stops as Macphisto descends the stairs in front of him.*
Adam: She's asleep you can come down.
*Macphisto makes his way over to his unconscious beloved, unspeakably relieved to see her again. He sighs deeply, and his bright blue eyes shine as he looks down at her.*
The Fly: My arms are getting tired, Mac. Here... *Before Adam or Larry can protest, The Fly hands Bluey to Macphisto. She rests her head on his shoulder and he smiles at her. Holding her close to him, he seems like he's in another world entirely. Without moving his eyes from Bluey, Macphisto whispers to The Fly:*
Macphisto: Thank you. *No one moves or speaks as he stands there for a few more minutes, just cherishing the weight of her in his arms. He doesn't think he will ever let go. Eventually, they start to climb the stairs again and arrive at her bedroom. Adam opens the door and Macphisto carries her to the bed. He hasn't taken his eyes from her this entire time, and now that it is time to lower her into the bed, he finds he cannot. He just stands there, holding her. Adam reads his thoughts*
Macphisto: I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you from that, dearest. I will never, ever allow anything like that to happen to you again. If you hate me, or despise me, it will make no difference to me. I will protect you forever. Why can't I let you go? I'm afraid if I do, you'll dissapear again.
*Adam pulls the green covers of the bed back and Macphisto sighs and very slowly lowers her into the bed. He lets her go, but stays sitting on the edge of the bed with her.*
Bono: Should we wake her? She wanted to take a bath...
Adam: No, no. Just let her sleep for a while longer. *He pauses* Mac...she doesn't know the truth yet, maybe you shouldn't be here when she wakes up, which could be anytime...
Macphisto: *Still staring at her pale, calm face* Yes...I know. Just one more minute and I'll go. *He sits like a statue, looking down at her with a soft smile on his usually intense face, and pulls the covers up around her. It's very hard for him not to touch her, but he knows not to. Finally, he stands slowly and walks out of the room backwards, staring at her until he closes the door behind him.*
Adam: Wow...
Bono: How long will she be out?
Adam: Not long...
*Macphisto collapses into a large black chair in the hallway, closes his eyes and thinks of her. He would explain everything to her somehow, surely she would understand. He only hoped Hell had not extinguished all of her feeling for him*
*Suddenly, a scream issues from her bedroom. Macphisto leaps to his feet and bursts through the door...
Adam and Bono and The Fly are all collected around the bed and Bluephisto sits upright in bed, panting, terrified and sweating*

The Fly: It's okay baby, you're home now. It was just a dream...just a dream honey.
Bluey: Of course, I'm sorry I know that. Sorry..*She looks up and sees Macphisto standing in the doorway* What are you doing here?
Macphisto: I just came in to make sure you were alright darling.
Bluephisto: *Bitterly* It's a little late for that don't you think? Get out.
Macphisto: Bluey...
Bluephisto: Get OUT!
*Macphisto is not angry at her, he just looks at her sadly with eyes full of pity and leaves, closing the door behind him closely. Adam, Bono and The Fly are stunned by the venom of her hatred of Macphisto. She quickly falls asleep again, and Bono notices she is still wearing evening gloves.*
Bono:*Sliding the gloves off of her arms* These can't be comfortable...Oh my GOD! Adam!
Adam: *Looks* Jesus...
*Both of her arms are covered with still bleeding cuts and what appear to be bite marks. Both angels are repulsed at the depth and obvious brutality of the wounds. The Fly, dropping his shades to the ground, sweeps her long hair away from her shoulders..*
The Fly: There's more...*The horrific marks go all the way down her back.*
Adam: I've never seen anything like this...I mean...dear God.
*Macphisto walks in, sensing her slumber and Adam's alarm and stops dead cold when he sees her skin*
Macphisto: Screwtape...*It finally hits him what happened to her when he sensed her agony from Hell, Screwtape finished what he tried to start earlier. Macphisto sits on the bed, his eyes clouding over. Adam and Bono read Macphisto's thoughts and gasp.* Everyone get out.
*The other angels and The Fly sense that Macphisto needs to be alone with her. Once the door is shut Macphisto gently sides part of her skirt up her calf and his face hardens as he finds even worse than he expected to find on her legs. No wonder she didn't want anyone to touch her...*
The Fly: What happened? I don't understand.
Adam: You don't want to Fly.

*Adam, Bono and The Fly walk back into Larry's room where he still holds Bona. She is still crying into Larry's shoulder, though she has calmed down a bit. Adam walks up to her and takes her in his arms.*
Bona: Adam, what did I do? What happened?
Adam: I don't know, Bona. Everything will be alright. I have a strange feeling that this isn't because of your injury.
Bona: What does that mean?
Adam: I think there's something much bigger at work here.
*Bona looks up at him, searching his face.*
Adam: The only reason I can think of that you would lose the baby so abruptly is if something happened to you while you were in Hell that we didn't see.
*Bona thinks a minute, and from her 3000 years of experience with Hell, something dawns on her. Her hand flies up to her mouth, and her eyes widen. She backs away from Adam and straight into Larry. She startles and runs across the hall to the room where MacPhisto sits with Bluey. Adam and Bono both sense her thoughts and both are horrified, and almost physically sick. MacPhisto senses her thoughts as well and when she approaches the door he opens it. She enters and collapses into a chair on the other side of the room.*
Bona: Mackie, I can't believe they...
MacPhisto: I know, Bona. I know.
*Bona breaks down into tears again, and MacPhisto sits next to her, consoling her as best he can. She sobs into his shoulder.*
Bona: You're the only one who would understand this... I can't believe they did this...

*Back in the other room, the four men stand astonished as Bona runs out of the room.*
Larry: What happened?
Adam: Screwtape.
*A cold, hard and cruel stare comes over Larry's face and he moves into the bathroom and slams the door.*

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 11-15-2001).]

*Bona breaks down into tears again, and MacPhisto sits next to her, consoling her as best he can.
Bona: Macky, I just can't...He took the baby...*She sobs into his coat and for a moment, Macphisto wraps his arms around her to calm her down.*
Bluephisto: *Coldly* Good morning.
*Macphisto looks at Bluey horrified that she should open her eyes at the worst possible moment, to see him holding Bona on her bed yet*
Bona: Bluey...you're awake!
Bluephisto: Shut up Bona. Just shut up.
Bona: *Now remembering why Bluey hates her, stands up away from Macphisto* Bluey it's not like-
Bluephisto: *Rising and walking towards Bona* What part of shut up did you not understand you overdressed, melodramatic, cheating, lying, two faced BITCH!? Does Larry know about this? I think he should, or maybe he should just have to watch the two of you fuck each other for hours in Hell! You've always been after him...and *She rounds on Macphisto* You've always been more than ready to accomodate her.
Macphisto: *Trying to calm her* No, dearest, it never happened! He made it up to break you -
Bluephisto: Excuse me if I remain skeptical. *She paces angrily, and spits the words out* Let's examine a little pattern shall we? The very day that you show any sort of feeling for me you end up kissing her behind my back! I forgive you and we move on. You continue to flirt outrageously and I look the other way until you *Shouting at Macphisto now* Sleep with her!!! I forgive you again and the minute I dissapear, I mean what was I, In Hell for five goddamn minutes? And you two are going at it in the basement! Which made for some great television, as I lay there bleeding to death, let me tell you. Do you know what Macphisto? I would not be this upset if it was anyone else, but why *She points at Bona* HER !!? What is so goddamned special about her!? It's always somehow about Bona isn't it? So where you just killing time with me? Trying to make her jealous? *She leans in close to Macphisto and whispers at him harshly* I meant nothing to you...nothing. *she starts to cry because she is so angry* I can't believe I ever thought that you loved me, knowing what I know now...
Macphisto: Stop this. Stop it. *He walks to Bluey and reaches out to touch her shoulders and calm her. His eyes search hers for some point of contact* I love you, I only love you...
Bluephisto: *Shoving him away* Liar.
Macphisto: I can't lie, Bluey.
Bluephisto: *Laughs in his face* Really? Fine, then tell me something will you? It's been bothering me for a while.*She rips off her other glove and holds out her mutillated arms at him* Where were you when he did this to me? *Macphisto looks at her sadly, and tries to answer but she cuts him off* Where were you? Or was it true what he said, that you were probably just watching him rape me from somewhere up here with a nice glass of chardonnay!? *Macphisto actually flinches at that last accusation* Because to tell you the truth, when I couldn't fight back anymore, when I couldn't get him off of me , I kept looking at the locked door, hoping that you would come in and stop him...but you never came. You just let him...you let it happen, and now I know why, you were probably busy with her. *She points to a stunned Bona*
Macphisto: No!
Bluephisto: Stop lying.
Macphisto: Bluey.
Bluephisto: Go to Hell. *She starts to walk out but Macphisto catches her by her shoulder and she goes to shove him away again, but he grabs her wrists and pulls her closer to her*
Bluephisto: Let me go!
Macphisto: Listen -
Bluephisto: You bastard, I hate you!
Macphisto: Listen, Bluey!
Bluephisto: Lying, rotten son of a bitch!
Macphisto: *Shouting over her* I'M AN ANGEL!!! I am an angel now and it killed me, it just KILLED me not to be able to go down there and save you!!! *Bluephisto stops struggling and stares at him, her lips open in shock. She backs up a step and whispers*
Bluephisto: I don't believe you...
*Macphisto reaches up and removes the horns from his hair, strands of his hair escape and fall around his face. He throws the horns across the room, raises his eyebrows and smiles a little at Bluey*
Macphisto: And if that doesn't convince you...*He touches her mangled arms for a second, his hands are very warm. When he pulls his hands from her skin, the places where his palms were are now perfectly healed. *
Macphisto: See?
*Just then, Larry bursts into the room and runs to Bona, smothering her in a massive hug*

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-15-2001).]

*Back in the other room, the four men stand astonished as Bona runs out of the room.*
Larry: What happened?
Adam: Screwtape.
*A cold, hard and cruel stare comes over Larry's face and he moves into the bathroom and slams the door.*

*Adam and Bono look at each other, then Adam moves toward the bathroom door.*
Adam: Larry... Come on out.
Larry: What did he do to her?
Adam: I can explain it to you. Please come out.
*There is no answer from the bathroom and no sound at all. Adam gets frustrated and finally walks in. Larry sits on the toilet, bleeding heavily from the neck. Adam panics, and quickly moves over to Larry, running a hand over his neck and healing the wound. Larry shakes his head and stands unsteadily. Adam rolls his eyes and assists Larry out onto the bed where he sits.*
Adam: Dammit, what the fuck is it with people trying to commit suicide tonight?
Larry: All the suicides go to Hell, right?
Adam: Yes, but---
Larry: I was gonna go find Screwtape and kick his arse, run him over with my Harley, I don't know, anything.
*Adam looks at Bono with a bewildered look on his face*
Adam: Ususally everyone begs to get out of Hell, but I swear I've never in my entire career as an archangel seen this many people want to get in. *turning to Larry* Besides you wouldn't have suceeded.
Larry: No?
Adam: No. Screwtape is at least twice your size and could kill you with a single glance if he wanted to. You wouldn't even have a chance at him.
*Larry's eyes widen*
Adam: Then they'd recruit you and you'd be tortured day in and day out for the rest of eternity. And as a result, in addition to losing the baby, you'd lose Bona too, not to mention U2 and then imagine what would happen to your fanbase.
Larry: Man, I'm sorry... I had no idea.
Adam: *dismissively* No one ever does.
Larry: So what did Screwtape do to Bona?
Adam: Are you sure you want to hear this?
Larry: Yes.
Adam: Do you have a strong stomach?
Larry: Yes. Just tell me.
Adam: Ok. When he had her pinned against the wall in his office... He had the baby removed from her womb by... while he was kissing her he had the baby tagged by some kind of process that I didn't quite catch from Bona's thoughts, but when she awoke and went to the bathroom, they took it. It was expelled from her body and they took it. It's very disgusting...
Larry: *apprehensively* Did they hurt her?
Adam: *knowing what he's talking about* No, she can concieve again, thankfully.
Larry: So why'd she run over to Mac just now?
Adam: Because he's the only one who would understand what they did to her. Speaking of, she ought not be in the room when Bluey wakes up...
Larry: She wouldn't hurt her...
Adam: With the level of hatred she has right now, it wouldn't surprise me.

*Larry bolts up and out of the room, across the hall and he bursts in, relieved to see Bona has been unharmed. He runs over to her and practically knocks her over with a hug. He picks her up and spins her around, showering her face with kisses.*
Bluey: *half believing MacPhisto but still seething* Hi Larry.
Larry: *indifferently* Hi, Bluey. Glad to see you back.
Bluey: Larry? Can I ask you a question?
Larry: Sure.
Bluey: Do you know how long your BITCH of a girlfriend has been after MacPhisto?
MacPhisto: I thought I told you it NEVER HAPPENED!
Bluey: *still with a venomous hatred for Bona* And have you noticed that every time you turn your back she's in MacPhisto's arms again? Did you happen to notice their enormous attatchment to each other? That right after you proposed to her she ran to MacPhisto?
Larry: That was a lie, Bluey. And by the way, she lost the baby.
Bluey: I know.
Larry: You know?
Bluey: Yeah. I was the one who took it from her, after Screwtape had tagged it.
*Larry's rage rises, and MacPhisto's mouth hangs wide open. Bona just shakes with tears and shock*
Larry: Why?
Bluey: Because I was told to and I hate her. *spitting the words out, shouting at Bona* She fucking deserved it!
Larry: Really?! *spinning around to face her* There's a few things you need to know, Bluey. First of all, the tape was fabricated. But we've told you that how many times already and you still don't seem to get it? Do you want to know what really happened in the basement between Bona and Mac? Hmm? He kissed her to make her a devil so she could come down and save you! She was just as horrified as you were when she found the tape, and her only goal in Hell was to get you out! *Larry has been inching his way toward Bluey this whole time. Now he has her cornered, but he does not touch her. He only has his face inches from hers and he spits the words out at her like bullets.* Bluey, Bona nearly died trying to save you! Do you understand that? She almost died for you! The only reason she survived was because of Jesus and then she wakes up to discover the very woman who she was trying to save was the very one who took her child, her pride and joy from her? That's one hell of a way to thank somebody, Bluey.
*Larry spins around and heads for the door. Bona starts to follow him, still very nervous and wanting only to get out of the room. Larry suddenly spins around again.*
Larry: And by the way, did you know that MacPhisto was writhing with pain knowing that there was no way he could save you? He sat in the basement for hours sobbing his eyes out and he even tried to kill himself because he thought it would get him into Hell so he could save you. We all hated the fact that you were tortured down there. We all wish that you would never have been kidnapped in the first place. And you have every right to be angry, hurt, upset, whatever, but the two people you hate the most right now were the very two people that sacraficed their lives trying to save you. And you thank them how?! Think about that. *to MacPhisto* I'm sorry, Mac, but it had to be said.
*Bluey stands with a stunned and truly sorry look on her face.*
*Larry quickly spins around and walks out the door before he loses control of his temper and ends up hurting Bluey or anyone else. Out in the hall, Bona catches up to Larry and takes his hand, if only to try and calm his anger. They get into the room and Larry plops down on the bed, Bona next to him, rubbing his back trying to get him to relax a little. Adam, Bono and the Fly stand with awed looks on their faces. Adam sits next to Larry and as Bona holds him, he speaks.*
Adam: I hope you got through to her, but I'm only sorry it had to be that way...

*Bluephisto stands as still as a stone. Larry's words pulled the rug out from under her feet and for the first time since she woke up in the black room, she feels totally awake.*
Macphisto: *gently* Bluey.
Bluephisto: *Jumps* I didn't know you were still here. *She looks at him apprehensively, waiting for his anger to fall on her like rain*
Macphisto: *He recognizes the look on her face. It is the same look that plauged his face when she walked in on him after he had cut Bona. It seemed like so long ago, but in her expression he remembered precisely what it felt like to realize what you have become...and to hate it. She shivers and he takes off his black velvet jacket and drapes it across her shoulders. She looks at him, puzzled.* You look cold...maybe you should sit down.
Bluephisto: I don't deserve this...especially from you.
Macphisto: We all make mistakes.
Bluephisto: Not like this...What have I done?
Macphisto: They can have another.*She turns away, upset and he rubs her back through the jacket*
Bluephisto: I killed their child.
Macphisto: You weren't even sane...it's not your fault.
Bluephisto: Why are you being so...kind?
Macphisto: *The corners of his mouth turn up slightly* I think you already know the answer to that, dearest. *She pulled the jacket around her tightly and sat on the bed* You really kissed Bona to make her a devil?
Macphisto: Yes. Only to make her a devil...*He pauses and sits beside her, smiling again* If it makes you feel better, I kissed The Fly too.
Bluephisto: *Whipping her head around to face him, her eyes wide* The Fly!?
Macphisto: *smirking mischeviously* Yes...Well, he grabbed me and kissed me to try and make himself into a devil. *He makes a face at the memory*
Bluephisto: *Almost laughing* Wow...that's loyalty.
Macphisto: *Raising an eyebrow* He's actually not a bad kisser...I can see why you went for him. *Bluephisto bursts out laughing* I mean...if I didn't know you liked him, I might go for him.
Bluephisto: Macky! How can you possibly make me laugh at a time like this? That's just awful! *She makes herself stop smiling*
Macphisto: *Wistfully* You haven't called me that in a very long time.
Bluephisto: *Looking at the floor, serious again.* I'm so sorry.
Macphisto: It's alright.
Bluephisto: I mean *She looks at him, and he melts as her eyes meet his.* I'm really really sorry, for everything.
Macphisto: Really, darling, it's fine. I'm just relieved you are back. *He looks into the fireplace and she contemplates his face for a moment*
Bluephisto: Mac?
Macphisto: Yes?
Bluephisto: Why did you become an angel? When did that happen?
Macphisto: The morning after we...*He smiles again* slept together I woke up and you were gone. I knew you thought I couldn't be trusted, so I made a phone call.
Bluephisto: You became an angel just so I would trust you? Are you serious?
Macphisto: Well, I can't lie can I? *He looks younger than he did, brighter and smoother.* But, I went to the wedding to stop you if you were going to marry The Fly anyway...but you never came. And by that point, I couldn't help you.
Bluephisto: I know. It was a rule imposed by God to protect angels from abduction, and also by The Father to stop an invasion... It had to be enforced by both sides. *She pauses and Macphisto examines her the devil sitting beside him. The already dramatic features of her face were made even more striking by the smoky makeup. He realized that there would never be a moment when she could be unlovely to him*
Bluephisto: Mac...do you think Bona and Larry will be alright?
Macphisto: Eventually, darling.
Bluephisto: God...I feel awful.
Macphisto: Would you like anything?
Bluephisto: No, no. I'm as fine as I will ever be...*An idea strikes her, and she fights to keep her face and thoughts from being too excited* Actually, *She turns to Macphisto and smiles* I would love a drink or something...
Macphisto: Of course dearest, what kind of drink?
Bluephisto: A glass of wine from the cellar would be perfect. I've never had wine before.
*Macphisto nods and leaves the room gracefully and saunters down the hall and the many stairwells to the cellar to retrieve a bottle of wine for Bluey*
*As soon as he is gone, Bluephisto leaps off the bed and runs to the bathroon searching under the sink for something*
Bluephisto: Pulling out a box and opening it Elvis, you little gun fiend you! *She takes out three guns and hides two, fully loaded, in the coat, loading the third as she races down the stairs.*
*Macphisto is in the wine cellar, trying to select the perfect bottle of red to introduce someone to wine with when he realizes something*
Macphisto: I will never drink this again...Hmm. Small price to pay I suppose. *He remembers Bluey after she drank only one bottle of vodka, and smiles. His thoughts turn to her and he focuses on her...The bottle drops to the ground and he sprints up the stairs. She is thinking just for him as she runs, armed towards the hidden room in the basement*
Bluephisto: I'm so sorry Macky..I have to do this. Tell Bona and Larry I'm sorry and I will make everything right again
*Bluey rushes down the final flight of stairs and reaches the bottom just as a panicked Macphisto reached the top. She turns into the hidden room at top speed. Macphisto is running so fast he almost falls down the last half of the stairs and reaches the door just in time to see her dissapear into the portal with a gun in her hand*
Macphisto: STOP!!!

*Bluephisto pulls the hammer back on the gun in her hand as she walks towards Screwtape's office. She finds it, and pushing the sickening memories of the last time she was here to the back of her mind, she kicks the door in. He is sitting at his desk on the phone.*
Screwtape: (into the phone) I'll have to call you back. *He hangs up and smiles at her* Well, well, Bluephisto...back for more I see?
Bluephisto: *She raises the gun at his head* Give Bona her baby back you son of a bitch.

*Macphisto bursts into Larry and Bona's room, absolutely beside himself and out of breath.*
Macphisto: SHE'S GONE!!!
Adam: What do you mean she's gone?
Macphisto: Bluey, she ran back into Hell.
The Fly: WHAT!? I just got her out of there!
Macphisto: She's gone..*He looks at Larry* She's gone to get your child.
Larry: Oh my God! I didn't want her to do that!
Macphisto: *Shouting* Well she's gone now! You idiot! Do you have any idea what could happen?

Screwtape: *Startled at Bluephisto's complete change in attitude. He liked her better when she was broken and cowering in fear.* Bluephisto...that is no way to talk to a superior demon.
Bluephisto: Give the baby back...NOW or I am going to blow your disguisting head off.
Screwtape: I don't know what you are talking about *Bluephisto fires a bullet into his shoulder. He clutches his arm as it bleeds* FUCK!!!! What are you DOING!?
Bluephisto: I'm getting really tired of this. Give the baby back now Screwtape. *She walks right up to him and holds the gun to his temple. He knocks the gun away with his free arm, but as soon as it is out of her hands she has two more...one in each hand. He gasps* I'm going to shoot you everytime you make me repeat myself.
Screwtape: Fine...fine, you crazy bitch. *He pulls a file out of his desk slowly and leafs through it, signing some blank lines. She shot him in his writing arm, and he winces with every stroke of the pen.* There, done. It's back.
Bluephisto: Really?
Screwtape: Yes.
*Bluephisto picks up a phone and dials, keeping a steady gun on Screwtape at all times*

*The phone rings in Larry and Bona's room. All three angels and The Fly lunge for the phone at the same time. Adam grabs it first*
Adam: Hello? Bluey?
Bluephisto: Adam...Get Bono to check Bona.
Adam: What?
Bluephisto: No time to chat Adam.
*Bono, sensing the conversation helps Bona up off the bed and holds her, closing his eyes. He waits and shakes his head.*
Adam: Nothing Bluey.

*Bluephisto frowns at Screwtape*
Bluephisto: What are you trying to pull?
Screwtape: Nothing...I have no idea!
*Bluephisto lowers the gun from his head and aims it between his legs. His eyes widen*
Bluephisto: I can make this very painful.
Screwtape: Okay, okay...*He signs a page at the end and backs up again, his hands in the air*
Bluephisto: (in the phone) Try again.

*Adam motions for Bono to try again, he hugs Bona again and nobody in the the room exhales. A smile spreads across his face and he nods.*
Adam: It's back. *Bona cries from relief, and collapses on the bed beside Larry, who hugs her*
Bluephisto: And there are no birth defects of any kind?
Bono: No.
Bluephisto: Okay. Great. Let me take care of a couple of things and I will be back soon. See you all later. *Macphisto reaches for the phone, but she has already hung up*.

*Bluephisto hangs up the phone and as she does so Screwtape dashes to the other side of the room and grabs the gun she dropped. Triumphantly he points it at her head. They stand in the center of the room, pointing guns at each other in a standoff.*
Screwtape: You idiot.
Bluephisto: *Tightening her grip on her guns* Drop it. Drop it now.
Screwtape: No, I don't think I will. *With lightening speed he knocks the other two guns from her hands and shoves his gun into her temple.* Now that's more like it. Take your clothes off.
Bluephisto: No.
Screwtape: *He shoves her against a wall* You are in no position to talk back. Now come on...
Bluephisto: *Calmly* No. *Screwtape lunges for her, and she shoves him back. He squeezes the trigger and the bullet hits her in the chest. Bluephisto falls to the ground.*
Screwtape: *Walking over to her...he leans down to see if she is dead. Suddenly, she springs to life kicks him in the head...sending him crashing into the desk. She is not even bleeding.* What the!?
Bluephisto: I knew you'd go for the one I dropped... all the bullets but the first one are blanks.
*Screwtape lunges for her again, but she jams a gun against his head. His eyes widen as hers narrow. He glances at the door*
Bluephisto: Oh...is someone going to burst through the door and save you from me? *He scowls, his words coming back to haunt him* Not this time... Sorry. *She pulls the trigger and he is no more.

*Macphisto, The Fly, Bono and Adam are all waiting in the hidden room, staring at the portal*
The Fly: Should I just go get her again? They like me down there...(to Macphisto) Your boss is a pretty reasonable guy.
Macphisto: You met the Father?
The Fly: Oh yeah...Blondie. *All three angels stare*
Bono: Blondie?
The Fly: Yeah...threw me for a loop. But, whatever I guess.
*The door at the end of the room opens and the four men turn. Bluephisto walks out of Hell, her hands covered in blood. All four men stare at her.*
Adam: Bluey! You're bleeding!
*Bono whips his vest off and wraps them around her hands, trying to find the source of the blood*
Bluephisto: Not my blood Bono. I'm fine. How is Bona?
Bono: She's good, everything is back to normal...I really can't believe it.
Bluephisto: It was a long shot I suppose.
*Her eyes land on Macphisto.*
Macphisto: *Walking towards her slowly. His voice is faint and trembling* Bluephisto...are you trying to kill me?
Bluephisto: No...I'm sorry.
Macphisto: Darling, you could have been...
Bluephisto: I know.
Macphisto: Don't you dare do anything like that again!
Bluephisto: Can't promise that...what the hell, I can lie now. Sure, I promise.
*Macphisto unwraps Bono's vest, and takes her hands in his*
Macphisto: I'm quite serious dearest.
Bluephisto: I know.
*The Fly clears his throat loudly*
The Fly: Hi...remember me? The guy who dragged you out the first time?
Bluephisto: *Laughs* Yes, of course Fly.
The Fly: Well, I just want to make it clear that I am also glad you are back. I'm not an angel or nothing, but I am still also glad. Very glad. Equally glad in fact. Glad.
*The Fly smiles, relieved to have broken the moment between Mac and Bluey. Mac is not so relieved, and raises an eyebrow at the Fly.*
Adam: Well, I'm going to check on the other two...or three I should say.
Bono: Yeah, we should, shouldn't we?
Bluephisto: I'll come say hello and try to make up.
Adam: *As they head up the stairs* I think you did...
*Macphisto and The Fly are left alone in the room. They stare at each other.*
The Fly: Well, if it isn't Ashley Wilkes...
Macphisto: If you think you're Rhett Butler in all of this, you are even more deluded than I previously imagined.
The Fly: Well, if I'm not Rhett, who the hell am I?
Macphisto: *Smirking* What was the maid's name again?
The Fly: Shut it, pale face.
Macphisto: *Raising his eyebrows and lighting a cigar* So...we're back to this are we?
The Fly: I guess so. *They start to walk up the stairs, to catch up with Bluey* Well, at least I know you're a lousy kisser.
Macphisto: I wasn't prepared!
The Fly: Whatever...

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-15-2001).]

*Adam motions for Bono to try again, he hugs Bona again and nobody in the the room exhales. A smile spreads across his face and he nods.*
Adam: It's back. *Bona cries from relief, and collapses on the bed beside Larry, who hugs her*

*Bona buries her face into Larry's neck, and cries from sheer relief and joy. Larry exhales heavily and rubs her back, then takes her face in his hands and kisses her slowly, softly but with passion. The other four in the room sense that they need time alone.*
Adam: We should go wait for Bluey.
MacPhisto: Yes... *motioning for the door* Shall we?
*They head out of the room and close the door. Larry breaks the kiss and smiles at her*
Larry: *whispering* I told you everything would be okay.
*He leans down and kisses her again and she tightens her grip on him. His kiss comes harder and he moves down to her neck, laying her down on the bed. She breaks the kiss and looks up at him.*
Bona: Lars, do you think we have time to do this?
Larry: You may be right. *kiss* But we can try...
*Bona laughs as he continues planting kisses all over her neck and face and eventually she gives, but they only lay there in a tight, relieved embrace. There is a knock on the door and they rise, Larry answers the door. Everyone walks in, Bluey being the last to walk in. Bona smiles ear to ear at her, another set of tears running down her cheeks. Bluey slowly approaches her.*
Bluey: Bona, I'm so sorry. I never meant to---
Bona: I know, Bluey. It's okay. Thank you for making things right again.
Larry: Bluey, you didn't have to do that.
Bluey: I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I hadn't. Your words were a much needed wake up call. I'm sorry for all the greif I've caused you all...
Bona: And I'm sorry about everything I've done to hurt you as well...
Bluey: Forgiven, but if it happens again I'll have to remind you of just how skilled of an assasin I am.
Bona: Fair enough.
*They stand quietly for a moment, awkwardly until Bona moves forward and embraces Bluey in a hug.*
Bona: I'm just glad you're okay...

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 11-16-2001).]

*The dust from Larry's departing motorcycle hangs in the air like smoke and Bona waves at them from the back of the bike, clutching her fiance, and smiling like a maniac. Bono and Adam stand in the doorway waving and smiling*
Adam: Well, all's well that ends well.
Bono: Yeah, that's the way it goes... speaking of which, are we heading off now?
Adam: Yes, we should get back. I need some rest and some therapy before the wedding I think.
Bono: *Sigh* What a party...
Adam: You said it.
*Adam and Bono walk together across the expansive, manicured lawn and dissapear into a haze of fog hanging in the night air*

*Macphisto enters the ballroom, the scene of so many intrigues these past nights and finds The Fly laying on a couch smoking. Macphisto raises a black eyebrow and leans over the back of the couch looking at The Fly as he lights a cigar...*
The Fly: *casually* Oh, hey Mac.
Macphisto: Good evening Fly. *He clears his throat*I hope you enjoyed the party.
The Fly: I did. *There is silence between them. The Fly raises an eyebrow behind his huge shades* Oh, is that a hint?
Macphisto: I was merely enquiring as to whether or not...
The Fly: Cut the crap.
Macphisto: Go home Fly.
The Fly: *Childishly* You go home!
Macphisto: *Looking around him then back at the Fly, blowing smoke out of his lips cooly* I am home Fly...I live here.
The Fly: *Getting up off the couch* If you think I'm going to just walk out like an idiot and leave you and Bluephisto alone for a week, you've got another thing coming.
Macphisto: I never suggested anything of the sort.
The Fly: Oh shut up.
Macphisto: Oh make me.
The Fly: Make me make you!
Bluephisto: *Entering* Make who make who do what? *Both men turn and stare. She is still wearing her black dress and Macphisto's jacket and is smiling at both of them*
Macphisto: Oh nothing...*He walks towards her* How are you dearest?
Bluephisto: Feeling much better thank you.
The Fly: Hey...baby. You've never seen my pad have you?
Bluephisto: No I haven't *Macphisto sneers at The Fly* ...I'd love to sometime.
The Fly: Perfect honey!!! How bout now? You can hang out there with me until the wedding.
Bluephisto: *Hugging The Fly and kissing him on the cheek* You know I would but everything I have is here, and I am very tired from all that's happened. I'm sorry Fly. *She can see the dissapointment on his face, and she kisses his other cheek and he brightens
The Fly: You're really something baby, you know that?
Bluephisto: Thank you. And thank you for helping me earlier. I'll see you again in just a week, alright? I'm just too tired to go anywhere else. Do you understand? I don't mean to dissapoint you, and I have to help Bona and Larry get this place ready.
The Fly: I understand sugar...no problem *He hugs her tightly and whispers in her ear*
The Fly: I still love ya baby, I'll see you soon. *He smooches her quickly and runs out waving at Macphisto and sticking out his tounge at him in a "ha ha I kissed her!" kind of way*

*Macphisto shakes his head for a moment at The Fly and turns...he gasps. Bluephisto has taken his black jacket off and is kneeling on one knee. She is smiling up at him.*
Macphisto: *His blue eyes wide with surprise* Bluey, dearest...what are you doing?
Bluephisto: I thought it was obvious...I'm proposing to you. *He drops his cigar on the floor and she reaches up, smiling, and takes his hand. Macphisto's eyebrows shoot up and he smiles so widely that his face hurts. For the first time in his life, he blushes. He wants to say so many things to her right now, but they all collide into a lump in his throat*
Bluephisto: *Slipping the gold ring that he left in his coat pocket onto his trembling finger. She speaks softly to him,* Macky, I don't care if you are a devil or an angel or anything in between...I love you, and I don't ever want to be without you again. Ever. Will you marry me?
*He is so overwhelmed that he can barely answer. He has gone in one day from being sure he will never be with her again, to being offered the chance to never have to be without her.*
Macphisto: Yes. *He pulls her up, takes her in his arms, and kisses her passionately, repeating between kisses:* Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
*His hands on her bare arms undo the damage done in Hell, and when he opens his eyes and looks at her...she is beautiful, glowing, and happier than he has ever seen her.*
Macphisto: *Grinning down at his fiance* Have you ever made love to an angel?
Bluephisto: Not yet.
*He kisses her again and carries her into the bedroom, shutting the door...The ballroom is dark, and for a while, there is nothing but peace and happiness in the mansion*

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-16-2001).]

Girls, I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy these and how creative and entertaining you are. I don't post because I can't think of anything cool to say but I like to read yours and I want to be a member of the MacPhisto society, even if just a silent partner! One day maybe I'll think of something I'm not too embarrassed to add. Bluey, thanks for making the dungeon a tolerable place for us. Good job darling!

*Edge and Echo are among the last guests to leave the aborted wedding. Echo is no less amused by it's failure than she would have been by its success.*

ECHO: That man was hitting on me not 24 hours ago. Now all of a sudden he's the marrying kind.

EDGE: You said it yourself.

ECHO: Said what myself?

EDGE: About MacPhisto's parties.

*Echo and Edge chat amiably as they leave the garden. Immediately upon their return to the mansion, Echo becomes noticeably uncomfortable.*

EDGE: Are you alright?

*Echo clenches her teeth, as if she is expecting a chill wind to make them chatter.*

ECHO: There is something incredibly not right going on in this house. Can't you feel it?

*Edge closes his eyes and everything is quiet for a moment. When he opens his eyes, he nods.*

EDGE: Let's go back outside. Doesn't MacPhisto have a hedge maze?

*Echo inquires of a butler about the hedge maze and she and Edge are directed to it. Echo becomes apprehensive when they reach the entrance.*

ECHO: Should we be going in there? What if we get lost?

EDGE: Don't worry. (He crouches down and points to a tiny indentation in the stony path.) See that? These tell you how to get in and out. They're all over the maze.

ECHO: How ingenious. Well, that would have made "Labyrinth" about fourteen minutes long.

*Edge and Echo meander through the maze, conversing. Edge lets the chatty Echo do most of the talking.*

ECHO: ...see, Salman Rushdie said that perhaps God is where we put things that have no place else to go. And so perhaps what separates atheists from theists is not any inclination towards sin or virtue, or a matter of ethics or morals...what makes atheists different is that they carry everything around with them. They cannot put things in God's hands. They cannot blame Him, or thank Him, or praise Him, or ask anything of Him, or give anything to Him. They keep everything for themselves, and to themselves. And sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes...it's not. Doesn't make one any more or less inclined to believe in Him, I suppose.

EDGE: I don't understand how someone can live their whole life like that.

ECHO: For some, it's actually easier. God is an obligation.

EDGE: I've never looked at him that way.

ECHO: Edge, if everyone looked at God the same way, U2 would have a lot fewer songs in their catalogue.

*When they reach the center of the maze, Echo sits and bids Edge do so as well. They lounge in a little patch of grass, surrounded by stones of Euclidean perfection.*

*Looking up, the sky is bordered on all sides of their vision by the sky-scraping hedges. The clouds that pass are their own private theater. They lie on their backs, separated no longer by disdain and despair but only by a few blades of grass, and they compare their respective impressions of cloud shapes.*

EDGE: (Points) What does that one look like to you?

ECHO: A suspended mass of water and ice particles.

*As the afternoon expires, the clouds have all passed and Echo and Edge are left in silence with a dimming cobalt sky. It's a more profound quiet than most people know; the quiet produced by one person who gets paid by the word and another who gets paid by the note.*

*Edge feels what he nearly always feels; a serene calm. Unaware of the drama that threatens to crumble the walls of the mansion, he thinks only of a particular middle-eight riff he'd been working on. A slow, minimalist bit, he'd debates to himself if it is too predictable.*

*Meanwhile, Echo is about to explode. She taps her toes imperceptibly inside her boots and bites the insides of her cheeks. Timing, timing, timing. The only thing that controls her overwhelming impatience is her need for the right place at the right time. However, it was a skill honed with the written word, not in the presence of other people. Having no delete key on her person at the time, Echo is frustratedly waiting for the most theistic dependency of all: The Sign.*

*For Echo, The Sign comes in the form of a tiny white suspended mass of water and ice particles that appears in the theater from the east. It arrives alone, as if lost.*

*Echo rolls over and kisses him.*

*Edge's reaction is immediate and urgent. He kisses back. Hard. Echo struggles to stow her incredulity in order to fully enjoy it. She expected a gentle kiss, then she would slowly pull back and they would share a thoughtful gaze. But Edge is more passionate than she expected. He pushes her back into a supine position with only the force of his kisses. Echo hasn't time to open her mouth before he has slid his tongue inside. She savors the taste of his mouth as though it were her last meal before execution. Edge's breathing grows rapid and ragged. He plants one hand on either side of her and wedges first one of his knees, then the other, between hers. He doesn't wait for her to invite him; he spreads her legs with his own and makes her aware of his erection. For Echo this is too much; she breaks their kiss in order to gasp.*

*Ever the director, Echo awaits with lip-smacking anticipation the next line in the script. Tell me how good it is, tell me how good it is, tell me how you regret having waited so long...*

*Edge hovers over her, gazing at the ground to the right of her shoulder as though it were a great distance away. His breathing slows.*

EDGE: I don't know if we should do this...

Okay peoples, this is it...

*Edge sits up looks down, left, anywhere but at Echo.*

ECHO: What do you mean, you don't know if we shoudl do this?

EDGE: I'm sorry, I just...I don't think it's right.

ECHO: (desperate, she clutches Edge's arm) Nothing has ever felt more right to me.

EDGE: (pulling his knees to his chest and resting his chin on them) I can't. I mean, you're a wonderful person. I feel like I have a lot to learn from you. But I just don't feel that way about you, and I can't take advantage of you like this.

ECHO: Look, I am begging you, take advantage of me!

EDGE: Echo, you know I'll only hurt you, in the end. Do you think I'm different than any other man? You don't need me. Look at all you have. You're brilliant, you're talented...

ECHO: Okay you listen to me. All my life I've been told how lucky I am (adopts mocking tone) to be sooo brilliant and sooo talented. You know what? Being brilliant and talented is the air I breathe. I'm brilliant and talented every day of my life. It might be something special to you, but it means nothing to me because it's all I've ever had.

EDGE: I'm sorry. But I'm not in love with you, and it wouldnt be right. I'll only toy with your emotions. What you need is peace of mind, and that I can't give you that.

ECHO: I don't want to live in tranquility. Good prose doesn't grow there.

*Echo stands and adjusts her mussed hair. She leaves him hunkered in the grass.*

ECHO: It's a small world, Mr. The Edge, and our paths will surely cross again.

*She smiles cryptically and looks down at the stony path to find the arrow that will lead her out of the maze.*

Back
Top Bottom