African Well Fund photo auction starts today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup, it's underway! I'm so excited I already bid on three pics. :ohmy: I'm especially happy there are pics from the west coast and hawaii to choose from, and my bday show last year. Makes it extra special.

Happy Bidding!!

I was coming to post in here that the auction is on, since I didn't see a news item, but someone beat me. Here's a link to my three one-time montages: http://u2photos.com/awf-2007.html

There's a ton of great stuff; 108 auctions and some of them are multi-print auctions so there's lots to look at.

I was just looking at those! They are great. It's so nice of you and all the photographers who donated.

I'm having a sort of personally rough year and I didn't contribute as much as I'd have liked to but some people - wow. Tons and tons of great stuff in there.

Otto...

I do hope things get better. It's early in the year still.

I agree, there are some great photos up for auction. I like the way you made yours like a poster. I made some bids, and hope more people do even though I'd love to win at least one! It's all for such a great cause.
Bid people!

The picture I got through the auction last year was beautiful. I went ahead and put in bids on two auctions. I was planning to go to the Music Rising auction, but since I can't afford a ticket, I'll put the money into this.

less than 24 hrs to go!

all items have bids now but there are still a lot of very affordable fantastic shots up for grabs!

Yeah that's pretty great that one item is doing so well; that's 3/4th of a well by itself!

But there is tons of other affordable stuff; even one of my 12x36 montage prints is I think $36 right now. Remember all the money goes to the AWF, not the photographers, so with 108 choices something should look good!

:ohmy: That took a $200 jump since last night. I'm still keeping my eye on a few auctions, but many prices are starting to get a little high for me.

But my Edge picture from last year needs a new friend :wink:

Ottofilm said:
Yeah that's pretty great that one item is doing so well; that's 3/4th of a well by itself!

But there is tons of other affordable stuff; even one of my 12x36 montage prints is I think $36 right now. Remember all the money goes to the AWF, not the photographers, so with 108 choices something should look good!

good point Otto -

if you were planning to donate to the Bono Birthday fundraiser anyway, this is a way to do it and get a gift for yourself in return

:)

I won two auctions, and I am thrilled! Yay to the photographers and yay to clean water!

I won 3 auctions and have paid for them so I'm not tempted by any more! I was surprised all 3 of them went for as little as they did. I got four 8 x 10 pictures of Edge and a 9 x 12 of Adam for not much more than I paid for one 5 x 7 of Edge last year. So last year's Edge has some friends now :applaud:

Happy birthday Bono a few weeks early!

I bet we did. I initially bet on 10 of them. I did win my first choice, but had to keep increasing my bid. We could all just move in together and enjoy them.

Last edited:
My photos arrived today in a padded mailer with only a thin piece of cardboard inside, and all five of them are bent in the middle with visible creases :|

The packaging on the photo I won last year was top-notch; had I known this was the packing that would be used (for a $24 shipping charge for the three auction combined), I would've just made a donation to the AWF and not even bothered with the auction. I've contacted the seller, but I feel like the only solution is going to be to send them back, because these are the only copies of them they have :sad:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
My photos arrived today in a padded mailer with only a thin piece of cardboard inside, and all five of them are bent in the middle with visible creases :|

The packaging on the photo I won last year was top-notch; had I known this was the packing that would be used (for a $24 shipping charge for the three auction combined), I would've just made a donation to the AWF and not even bothered with the auction. I've contacted the seller, but I feel like the only solution is going to be to send them back, because these are the only copies of them they have :sad:

Are they coming from the same seller/packager? I am so nervous now! I want mine in pristine condition. I will send mine back and ask for another. That's just wrong.I'm sure they can be reproduced by the photographer.

Back
Top Bottom