Adam's Pants!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OnTheEdge

Refugee
From @U2's Answer Guy:

I was wondering wear Adam Clayton, the poshest member of the band, did his shopping. Especially those sweet redish camouflauge pants. THanks. - An Adam Clayton Obsessed Amateur Bassist

Dear AACOAB:

As a bassist, you must know that once you master the four strings, it's up to your stage outfit to impress the fans. Adam knows this better than anyone.

All of Adam's pants are provided by Spanky's House of Fatigues which is located in Dayton, Ohio. During his travels around the country while making the Rattle & Hum album and film, Adam found Spanky's quite by accident. Adam was looking for a colorful, unique, durable, and let's be honest, roomy pant that he could wear during live shows. The pants all have plenty of pocket space for his lighter and the five packs of cigarettes he keeps on his person at all times. I'm told one pocket is for his picks, another pocket for his 'little black book' (now a Handspring PDA with extra memory so each of the supermodels can have their own entry). There is a small pocket at the back of the pants for any new additions to his spoon collection. So you see, Adam and Spanky are a fashion match made in heaven.

Spanky makes his pants in many colors, but Adam has lately been partial to the red ones, although its hard to say in what sort of landscape he'd be camouflaged.

------------------
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness:
"To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

this is bullshit. I have just called Dayton Ohio and all the Spanky's are STRIP CLUBS!

not that i doubt Adam would go in to a strip club. He probably owns a dozen.

but there is no SPANKY'S HOUSE OF FATIGUES.

damn it all to hell!!!! PANTS! where are you PANTS!!!

i'm going to keep calling.

you know, that previous post of mine was really rude. I'm so sorry. I feel terrible about it and want to take it back.

see what the pants have done to me? *SOB*

<deep breath>

ok, let me first thank On The Edge for her sincere concern for humanity. That posting is so important.

next step: where did you read it, so I can go there and ask more questions?

Ok .... deep breaths elizabeth. Go to your happy Adam place ... deep breaths.

Ok ... the Answer Guy from atu2.com just makes up the answers ... so there really is no Spanky's House of Fatigues.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

<*sigh*> I am in my Adam happy place....it's so pretty here...*cough cough* a little smoky but whatever...

i hate the answer guy.
he had a good laugh at my expense.
i will probably laugh in a day or two.
i was willing to drive to Dayton. I live in Pittsburgh, so it was well worth it.

<in my "i see dead people" voice>
i need help...

Originally posted by elizabeth:
<*sigh*> I am in my Adam happy place....it's so pretty here...*cough cough* a little smoky but whatever...

i hate the answer guy.
he had a good laugh at my expense.
i will probably laugh in a day or two.
i was willing to drive to Dayton. I live in Pittsburgh, so it was well worth it.

<in my "i see dead people" voice>
i need help...

it is okay...you have to have faith that one day you will find his pants...don't give up!!
biggrin.gif

you know, that previous post of mine was really rude. I'm so sorry. I feel terrible about it and want to take it back.

see what the pants have done to me? *SOB*

<deep breath>

It's okay! The pants are a powerful thing. I'm sorry to get your hopes up.

ok, let me first thank On The Edge for her sincere concern for humanity. That posting is so important.

Uhhh... sure, you are welcome.

------------------

Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness:
"To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

LOL,

Spanky's House of Fatigues! I love it!

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Bono: I don't walk, I swagger! I sashayed once, but just once. It wasn't for me.

i know this is a joke, but i've actually been to dayton, ohio. my dad went to the university of dayton and i might go to college there, as well.

smile.gif

------------------
Happy Hannukah!

"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover, then you discover what you thought was freedom is just greed...

Ummmmmm.....

What kind of a search were you doing when this came up?

But it was kinda funny...hehe.

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Bono: I don't walk, I swagger! I sashayed once, but just once. It wasn't for me.

lol @ sparky's fatigue thingy lol

anyway i saw a pair of his pants inthe mall the other day! I spotted them immediately (the gray colored ones) and sort of stared at it, then looked around to see if anyone was watching (b/c obviously everyone would know what i was up to) and then sort of casually sidled up to them and touched them! LOL. they were boy's pants, plus I couldn't reallllly justify ever buying them... um..
wink.gif
but it was fun! who'd a thought Adam shops at JC Penny!
tongue.gif

------------------
Show your heart....
Show your heart, and your soul!

*%* U2 Take Me Higher *%*

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
and then sort of casually sidled up to them and touched them!

LOL I've done this! Once I saw shiny silver Zoo Edge pants, I wasn't going to buy them, but I liked being near them.
biggrin.gif

------------------

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness.....
To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

You know, I've been saying 'eeeee!' far too much lately. And this topic doesn't help.

^_^

I have a friend who works at Penney's..... maybe she'll let be abuse her discount.

izzy (!!!!!)

------------------
'twas brillig and the slithy toves
did gyre and gimble in the wabe
all mimsy were the borogroves
and the mome raths outgrabe.

Originally posted by izzybeth:
You know, I've been saying 'eeeee!' far too much lately. And this topic doesn't help.

^_^

I have a friend who works at Penney's..... maybe she'll let be abuse her discount.

izzy (!!!!!)

off topic, but IZZY- is your sig Lewis Carroll?
quite cool!

Someone on Wire was just requesting information on The Pants! Someone then replied with Answer Guy's answer. Elizabeth, you might want to follow up.
wink.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

....what's a Bono?

Originally posted by On The Edge:
Someone on Wire was just requesting information on The Pants! Someone then replied with Answer Guy's answer. Elizabeth, you might want to follow up.
wink.gif

Hehe...I saw that too! And I was gonna say something but then decided that Elizabeth might HAVE A COW or something!
wink.gif

Wow...I haven't said THAT since the 80s
wink.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

have a cow???

me???

i prefer having psychotic sheep, thank you.

anyhooo......I am getting closer and closer to the pants...i know it....they will be mine. i will kill the person on wire if they get the pants before me!!!!

what is wire?

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
who'd a thought Adam shops at JC Penny!
tongue.gif

ROFL! I work at JC Penney. I can just see myself giving excellant customer service by stalking him all over the store!
wink.gif
lol
I also saw a coat that looks like the one Bono wore in the Stuck video where he's rolling around on the ground. Everytime I see it I call it the Bono coat. They all just roll their eyes at me! ~Jen

Originally posted by JennyBean:
ROFL! I work at JC Penney. I can just see myself giving excellant customer service by stalking him all over the store!
wink.gif
lol
I also saw a coat that looks like the one Bono wore in the Stuck video where he's rolling around on the ground. Everytime I see it I call it the Bono coat. They all just roll their eyes at me! ~Jen

get me some damn pants, jennybean!

and i'll take a jacket, too. YEAH.

have a cow???

me???

i prefer having psychotic sheep, thank you.

BUWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Baaaaaa
biggrin.gif

That's one feckin scary sheep elizabeth!
wink.gif

WIRE is an e-mail thing...check the home page of interference
biggrin.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

get me some damn pants, jennybean!

and i'll take a jacket, too. YEAH.

There aren't any Adam pants at the one I work at. I am going shopping this weekend and may have to make a stop at a bigger Penneys.
biggrin.gif

I'll keep you posted if I spot them! ~Jen

Elizabettthhhh!!! They're Gucci. (Was that already figured out?) They're apparently not custom, they cost a few hundred and used to be featured on a Gucci website.
Is this new info?
biggrin.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

....what's a Bono?

Elizabettthhhh!!! They're Gucci. (Was that already figured out?) They're apparently not custom, they cost a few hundred and used to be featured on a Gucci website.
Is this new info?
biggrin.gif

see, here is the funny part. I have heard gucci AND versace and Armani...and all were "certain."

so i looked casually on websites.

didn't really see them.

so i got sad and stopped looking and just decided to dream....

see, here is the funny part. I have heard gucci AND versace and Armani...and all were "certain."

so i looked casually on websites.

didn't really see them.

so i got sad and stopped looking and just decided to dream....

frown.gif
Awww... Okay.
frown.gif

Aren't fashion sites fun though??? I was lmao the whole time I was on the Gucci site. Don't know why exactly...

frown.gif
Awww... Okay.
frown.gif

Aren't fashion sites fun though??? I was lmao the whole time I was on the Gucci site. Don't know why exactly...

I just did look at the gucci website---because i was hopeful...but i didn't see them...BUT i was laughing, too!!

those dudes were all....*supremely bored*
and *fashionably trashy*. I was cracking up!!

so that's one good thing the pants have done for me today. given me a good laugh. they are such nice pants to do that for me.

sometimes i think the pants are like angels, going from one person to the next spreading love and joy.

Back
Top Bottom