Adam's mouthwatering cannelloni!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just read this over at atu2.com:

With Or Without Stew!

Multi-millionaire U2 man Adam works in kitchen of Jamie's jobless

The People, October 31, 2004

Simon Byrne

U2 star Adam Clayton spent a secret week in the kitchen of top celebrity chef Jamie Oliver - in a bid to improve his cooking skills!

The millionaire musician washed pots and took orders from other chefs after he enrolled to join Oliver's Fifteen restaurant.

The idea behind the restaurant is to take kids off the street and give them top tuition in how to become a chef.

The spin-off TV show, Jamie's Kitchen, was a huge TV hit. The restaurant, which is based in London, is a frequent haunt of dozens of celebrities including Ronan Keating, Madonna and Tony Blair.

However, so taken by the idea was mild-mannered rock star Clayton that he asked to work there for a week.

Oliver revealed that Clayton mucked in like everyone else and turned out to be a top chef.

"He was a good bloke. He was just like "Can I come and work in the kitchen? Yeah, of course. He wore the same whites as everyone else, he got changed with the students and he got told and briefed like everyone else.

"And I'll tell you by the end of the week he was making the best cannelloni," revealed Oliver.

The 29-year-old 'geezer' said he was completely refreshed by the U2 star's down-to-earth attitude.

"I was totally refreshed by Adam and the students just treated him like anyone else and he was the same to them.

"He can make a whole selection of things on the tour bus now for Bono and the boys," laughed Oliver.

Friends of the U2 star say that Adam is a very private person and didn't talk about what he did outside of the supergroup.

"Adam is always going off and doings bizarre things. He really likes his own space when the group are not on tour.

"He might go on long treks and you wouldn't hear from him for weeks on end and then he'd pop up again.

"He's a very cool individual and the most unlikely of pop stars," said the friend.

Meanwhile, spending a few quid on ingredients certainly won't be a problem for Adam and his fellow U2 megastars.

The band's deal with computer giants Apple for their new iPod has netted them another fortune.

With U2's backing the computer giant's shares have jumped to an all time high.

(c) The People 2004

How cute is that!!! I'd love Adam to cook me some of his delicious specialty! :drool:

Hah, that's so cute. That headline cracked me up big time... 'with or without stew'.
Lucky Suzie - not only does she get the cutest bassist in history, but she also gets one who cares about whether or not he can cook.

Last edited:
"The band's deal with computer giants Apple for their new iPod has netted them another fortune."

I thought it was said that no money had changed hands....or is this talking about something else?

:scratch:

Not that it matters to me either way....

TheBrazilianFly said:
:hyper:

That's great!!! I really liked the first show!!! :up: :up: Do you think that they recorded Adam's week there?!!? Adam rocks!! :love: :bow:

I doubt it :( He's so private, I can't see him allowing it.

very, very cool. not only did these kids get a break and some on-the-job training, they got to hang out with one of the coolest musicians ever. our boys rock in so many ways.

beau2ifulday said:
Hah, that's so cute. That headline cracked me up big time... 'with or without stew'.
Lucky Suzie - not only does she get the cutest bassist in history, but she also gets one who cares about whether or not he can cook.

hey Suzie! take the canelloni and leave Adam to me! that's a fair deal, isn't it? :wink:

That is great :up:

Adam is quiet and private, but I get the impression he is such a genuinely nice man. Sometimes I feel he's almost the "unsung hero" in U2 :)

I wonder if he wore a sarong when he was cooking..but then again, that could be, em, uncomfortable near the stove :wink:

MrsSpringsteen said:
That is great :up:

Adam is quiet and private, but I get the impression he is such a genuinely nice man. Sometimes I feel he's almost the "unsung hero" in U2 :)

I wonder if he wore a sarong when he was cooking..but then again, that could be, em, uncomfortable near the stove :wink:

I think you're right though, Adam being the "unsung hero" of U2.

Back
Top Bottom