Adam's house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
W11 is the Holland Park / Notting Hill / Portobello Road part of London. Very nice indeed if you can stretch to it!

Mirjam said:
Notting hill? -Funny:) Im moving there in 3 days:) Will I have a nice neighbour there? ;)

You'd be suprised by many well know people will live in the area.

When we went to London lastyear, we apparently walked past Paul McCartney's home whilst going to the bus stop from Abbey Road :ohmy:

Jim said:
W11 is the Holland Park / Notting Hill / Portobello Road part of London. Very nice indeed if you can stretch to it!

there are some rough sections of Notting Hill. Depends on which side of the road you live on. What street you walk down. Gentrification is fast appraching these rough areas. Properties that were once considered a "pile of bricks" are now sort after gems.

One moment it's quite posh, all lovely and such and then, well I don't walk on those stretches of road at night. I've been here for a few years now. Homes that went for 900K only 2 and 3 years ago are now selling for the ridiculous price of 3.5 to 4.2M.

The big price jump is the result of foreign capital. I'm a part of the brigade of the "foreign capital"

Notting Hill has the feel of NY about it. At least that's what my friends from NY say when they visit.

Now saying all that, back to Mr. Clayton's property. It's modest in comparsion to some of the homes in the area but I'm sure it's cost a pretty penny.

Now Paul's house is more impressive! And the area that he lives in, well there are a bunch of hob nobbin' goober smootchers who live around him. Posh indeed.

Last edited:
Notting Hill has a dodgy end so just keep your wallet close, but yes, there are parts that are very posh.

Not surprised to hear Adam lives in W11 since so many musicians and actors (and even a few writers) do.

So which part of town does PmcG reside in???
Maybe he was my neightbour...

[/B][/QUOTE]
Now Paul's house is more impressive! And the area that he lives in, well there are a bunch of hob nobbin' goober smootchers who live around him. Posh indeed. [/B][/QUOTE]

IsDinnerReady said:
So which part of town does PmcG reside in???
Maybe he was my neightbour...

Now Paul's house is more impressive! And the area that he lives in, well there are a bunch of hob nobbin' goober smootchers who live around him. Posh indeed. [/B][/QUOTE] [/B][/QUOTE]

w11 as well

Last edited:
rihannsu said:

Larry and Adam used to rent while there but I believe Larry has bought his own place there now. They did not usually stay with Bono and Edge. Larry emphatically told Bono he didn't mind going to South of France but he was NOT living in the same house with Bono. :wink:

In reading the INXS biography I discovered that Adam bought Michael Hutchence place in France after the probate was settled.

Of the two houses that Bono and Edge bought together I believe they joined the yards and Edge commented in an interview once that they swapped houses every couple of weeks. Don't know if they still do that but it sounds like a great way to keep it feeling like vacation instead of just another home.

Also the reason that they all holiday near each other is that they found that if they went their separate ways too much between albums that it was harder to get everybody on the same page musically. Also if they are relatively close they can get together anytime inspiration hits and so don't miss out on some of the creative opportunities they may have before.

Dana

:yes:

They even built a studio on the domain ;)

Back
Top Bottom