Adam's Groove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sting

The Fly
I remember the first live videos I saw (and paid attention to the band members) alot was Slane Castle.

Adam was as stiff as a board and rarely moved... sure he had his head bobbin a bit but it wasn't much. And those clothes he was wearing - certainly not very cool! (Even Adam couldn't make those Orange Camo pants look good!)

When I saw the Chicago Live DVD.. I was amazed! Adam walked around, moved alot more... and he looked fookin cool!

Seeing more and more older live vids made me appreciate this guys stage prescence alot more.

He looks awesome in Rattle and Hum when he goes walkin towards Bono all the time and is flowin the music. Probably my favourite Adam "groove" is in Rattle and Hum.

Appreciate Adam's Groove here! Lets get some Animated Gif's of Adam rockin out!

You should've seen Adam on the Red Rocks video, now that's wild, especially as they go into 'I Will Follow.'

Orange camo pants? You mean his Popmart stuff? I think that was a very cool look for him.

I still can't find those Elevation era cargo pants he wore, those are way cool! Though I'd prefer them in blue instead of red.

Keep an eye on him in other concert videos, he's got rhythm. ;)

A funny moment, Adam was about to spin around while playing bass during "Streets" on Rattle and Hum and Bono went over to where he was. He sorta stopped and spun the other way to avoid hitting Bono with his bass.

Another...during Mysterious Ways on Popmart Mexico.

Adam does this cute thing of bouncing on his heels to the beats of the music quite a bit. He does a sorta side to side bounce on Slane Castle a few times.

Edge has his "stomp." Adam has a "bounce." ;)

my fave adam groove :drool: I saw it yesterday on TV, during the MTV top 11 at 11 Lovesongs...
number 6(should've been no. 1!)

With or Without You... the way he mooooooooves there!!! wow!

In R&H, when they're watching the choir sing "Still Haven't Found" in the church, there are several shots of him clapping his hands and swaying along. It's absolutely adorable and makes me giggle every time.

edibleflowers said:
My favorite Adam Groove? Rattle & Hum, during Bad. The lights are behind him, and he's silhouetted, just moving smoothly to the music, shoulders twisting a little in time with the beat.

I need a moment.

Right on sister!!:drool:

Adam was rocking hard! I love the intro to Bullet too.
When he is sitting at the bar with is beer and cig. He says"people say you should not mix music and politics, well , I think that is kinda bullshite."

Classic

Magpie said:
In R&H, when they're watching the choir sing "Still Haven't Found" in the church, there are several shots of him clapping his hands and swaying along. It's absolutely adorable and makes me giggle every time.
I noticed that. I also noticed that Larry was sitting completely still (with his arms crossed as well, if I recall).
My general reaction was "Hey! Which one of you is supposed to be the Christian around here?!" :p

I love the Adam bounce though :drool:

Carmelu2fan said:

Right on sister!!:drool:

Adam was rocking hard! I love the intro to Bullet too.
When he is sitting at the bar with is beer and cig. He says"people say you should not mix music and politics, well , I think that is kinda bullshite."

Classic

One of my favorite Adam quotes of all time. And I love that it comes from one of the guys who's not known for making political statements, just sort of underlining that all four of them are in it together.

1987 was when I got into U2 so that image of Adam, with the short dark hair and the specs, is forever engraved in my mind... He does look amazing in the WOWY video, sigh. Still beautiful these days too.

edibleflowers said:
My favorite Adam Groove? Rattle & Hum, during Bad. The lights are behind him, and he's silhouetted, just moving smoothly to the music, shoulders twisting a little in time with the beat.

I need a moment.

Absolutely one of the best parts of R&H. I rewound that part so much my VHS tape finally gave out on me. Doing the same thing to the DVD now! The backlighting throughout that whole song is just amazing. Even now, watching that leaves me breathless!

edibleflowers said:

One of my favorite Adam quotes of all time. And I love that it comes from one of the guys who's not known for making political statements, just sort of underlining that all four of them are in it together.

1987 was when I got into U2 so that image of Adam, with the short dark hair and the specs, is forever engraved in my mind... He does look amazing in the WOWY video, sigh. Still beautiful these days too.

I concur EF( hope that is ok, if I call you that) I know that Bono would not be able to do as much political work if his boys where not behind him 100% . I have always believe they felt the same as Bono does on the issues but choose to let Bono represent. Let's face it Bono has the gift of GAB:blahblah:

Do not get me started on JT Adam when he looked like that he reminded ne of my Jr. High school teache I was nuts about...I called him Professor Sexy.:giggle:

I love his Vertigo on-stage stance and smiles and how he walked around the ellipse and just beamed at everyone!

This is still my wallpaper at work . . . .

BonoAdamBoston.jpg

Right on MsPurrl, Adam has got that stance down:combust:
I bet all you need to do is look at your screen and it cheers you right up, am I right?:wink:

Larry always sits completely still. Heh. that's so me most of the time. Lookin' all :grumpy: and not feeling a bit so.
And Adam was indeed cute, the way he was digging on that whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom