Adam's Folly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biff

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Here's a minor story for you Clayton people (I just liked the headline):

U2's Adam hopes to get the nod for his folly
Sunday September 18th 2005

RALPH BENSON

ADAM CLAYTON is waiting for the planners to give the go-ahead for his application to make changes to his Rathfarnham listed property, Danesmoate Demesne.

The U2 bassist wants to extend the length and width of previously approved changes to a 'Folly', and make some other changes which "relate to development". Barely a month goes by without a planning application from one or other member of the world's biggest rock band to modify their Dublin homes.

U2 rented the protected Georgian house and worked there on The Joshua Tree, the 1987 album which remains one of their best. Clayton later bought the house, no doubt helped by the album sales.

"In architecture, a folly is an extravagant, useless, or fanciful building, or a building that appears to be something other than what it is."

biff said:

Barely a month goes by without a planning application from one or other member of the world's biggest rock band to modify their Dublin homes.

Edge's always seem to get denied as well. :madspit: The man wanted a blackroom and a new sewage system and they wouldn't give it to him! :mad:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom