Adam's Diary, 1982

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatDubh

Refugee
This is so cute! I don't know if any of u, gals already have read it, but I thought I'd share
smile.gif

"February 14th Valentine's Day

Today is St. Valentine's Day and where is my Valentine? On the drive from Austin to San Antonio we stopped off at a snake farm/amateur zoo. It was very depressing. Lots of caged animals not looking very healthy. The high point was a mad monkey which had epileptic fits accompanied by blood-chilling shrieks. It was really quite a scream because Bono started singing. This infuriated the creature even further -- its shrieks grew louder. Bono matched its volume until the deranged creature started to beat his head against the wall. Eventually a very brusque woman ran over and dismissed us, complaining how cruel it was to drink sodas in front of our friend as there was nothing it liked more than a glass of Coke.

On to the gig. During the show, Bono handed out flowers to girls. Wish I'd done that. He's got friends for life. Afterwards we spent a long time with the punters. The Texans are a nice simple people, consequently conversation lasted long. 3.15 a.m. back to the hotel via The Alamo, which received the dubious accolade of consecration with Ozzy Osbourne's urine.

Fort Apache, The Bronx was on the HBO cable. Great film and Paul Newman's best performance in years.

Friday

Up too early with everyone looking wrecked. Arrive in Denver and Edge discovers a ski resort 50 miles up country. The four of us head off. It had to be hushed up as a broken leg at this stage of the tour would not be welcome. Stories were fabricated and changed so that no one had any idea where we were. It was a lovely drive through the Rockies to the resort. Once there, Edge organises the activities, as he is the experienced amateur. We get our skis on and Bono falls over immediately. We potter about on the nursery slopes under Edge's instructions. I eventually feel confident enough to try my luck on the mountain. I wish I hadn't. I've never been so frightened in all my life. To reach the top of the mountain we have to hang on chair lift, hundreds of feet above the ground with no safety bar. I was so hysterical I would have gladly thrown myself off had Edge not kept me talking.

At the top it soon becomes obvious that I had been over optimistic. I tell Edge to go off and enjoy himself, I'll walk down. The mountain very nearly claimed me. Edge goes up and down twice in the time it takes me to walk. Then he did a black slope. As you might know black slopes are very serious. And then some, like black holes and black belts. We retire to the bar for the only bit of ski I like -- apres ski and Gluewein. We make the mistake of ordering Irish Coffees, which are barely coffee and certainly not Irish. The cream comes from one of those aerosol jobs and there's a nasty green mint liqueur to boot. Once back in the hotel we decide to go and see Reds. It's a good film but I felt it lost its punch in places, but maybe that's because I was so tired."

I think it's just sooooo cute!!!
biggrin.gif

CUTE indeed !!! the picture of B. in front of the cage trying to outscream (is this a real word?) the poor mad monkey... OMG !!! LMAO !!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

where did u find it?

On to the gig. During the show, Bono handed out flowers to girls. Wish I'd done that. He's got friends for life.

I love this part!! I remember reading it in a RS article- It's also in that book which is a compilation of all the RS articles of U2. He's just too adorable!! Sparky!! I'm comin'....!! See you soon!!!
smile.gif

------------------
Move me a mountain

My fanatical U2 webpage: Take Me Higher

To reach the top of the mountain we have to hang on chair lift, hundreds of feet above the ground with no safety bar. I was so hysterical I would have gladly thrown myself off had Edge not kept me talking.

my poor baby. And thanks Edge for saving his life. I guess I?d freaked out as well in this chair lift.

Thanks Cat for posting them.

BTW - I lost your e-mail address (stupid U2Dublin) Please mail me at am_iceland@hotmail.com
smile.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Ohhh...how cute...thanks for posting it, dear, it's always nice to read something written by our own guys! Thanks again!
smile.gif

very sweet, Cat, from 22-year old Sparky. But how dare he be so articulate at that young an age.
wink.gif

I'm with Adam - were I to venture onto the slopes (bunny hill or not), I'd be a shrieking, hysterical fool!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

However, just the *mere picture* of all of the guys in SKI GEAR, shussing on the slopes, is something I'd pay money to see...even a picture!!!

Originally posted by Discoteque:

However, just the *mere picture* of all of the guys in SKI GEAR, shussing on the slopes, is something I'd pay money to see...even a picture!!!

We get our skis on and Bono falls over immediately... (Adam '82)

------------------
Move me a mountain

My fanatical U2 webpage: Take Me Higher

Adam's diary cracked me up. I know exactly where that place they visited on the way to San Antonio is! The Snake Farm is the subject of an inside joke between myself and my best friend...I've always wanted to go just because the billboards have a picture of this very angry snake and underneath they advertise the petting zoo, as if the snake is what you'd be petting. Now that I know U2 has been there I must take the trip - it's hallowed ground!

Courtney :)

------------------
"Thank you. It was an amazing night."
- What Bono said to me after the April Dallas show, and what I think every female U2 fan would like to hear.

Hello.

I'm new to PLEBA. But it been great reading alot of the posts..

After being in from of Adam in Dallas, I fell in love with him... he has the best smile I've ever seen, and he came over at the end of the 1st set and shook my hand.. I was a goner. So this diary entry makes him sem even more adorable..

thanks for posting it,
fatima

Back
Top Bottom