Adam's Camouflage Pants...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WARNING! WARNING WILL ROBINSON! *robot waves arms fiercely* Sparky's cammo pants on Guam are protected by a bunch of these things!!!
btree.gif

(brown tree snakes - they're taking over Guam)

---
LMFAO, elizabeth!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
That is an awesome pic! Which of course, I'm SO stealing to use in myself when necessary.
wink.gif

Never has a mushroom cloud looked so...lovely (gah! can't believe I even said that!)

*THINKS unforgettable fire...unforgettable fire*
frown.gif

nuclear1.jpg

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 01-08-2002).]

pants

Pants are clothes we wear on our legs. Some people call them trousers.

pants.gif

Arty Smartypants has big pants, doesn't he? They're like a clown's pants that you might see at the circus.

The Spanish word for pants is los pantalones.

Thanks to PBS Kids for this contribution!

Originally posted by Discoteque:
btree.gif

(brown tree snakes - they're taking over Guam)

Snake Population Distribution on Guam
There are little parts of Guam, maybe 3/4 of a football field in area that, according to some reports, have a lot of brown tree snakes. These aren't poultry farms. If you own real estate in these places you might wake up one morning with an 8 foot snake on top of you getting heat from you cause it doesn't make its own heat like you do. You might have to kill 6 or 8 snakes in a month from inside your house. This is an atypical Guam situation. In my seven years on Guam I never saw an uninvited snake inside my house. Why do so many snakes live there? Maybe these are little valleys which are more cool and moist. But what if it's something else?

and....

The Brown Tree Snake
Wildlife Services
November 2001

The brown tree snake was accidentally introduced to Guam in the late 1940s or early 1950s, probably from the Solomon Islands. A native of Australia, Papua New Guinea, and the Solomon Islands, the brown tree snake (Boiga irregularis) is a dangerous threat to the economy and ecology of Guam and is the subject of a cooperative program to control snake populations on Guam and prevent its spread throughout the Pacific Rim.

Biology

Brown tree snakes are about 15 inches at hatching and may reach 10 feet in length as adults. Most brown tree snakes are 3 to 4 feet long. This snake is a rear-fanged semiconstrictor and is mildly poisonous. Both constriction and venom are used to help immobilize prey.

The snake's venom trickles into a bite victim along grooves in the rear fangs. Because of the relatively small size and position of the fangs, a brown tree snake must chew to allow the fangs to penetrate the skin.

The brown tree snake will readily strike when aggravated, but it does not present a danger to adults. A bite from this snake will not penetrate most clothing. However, babies less than 6 months old may be at risk from both brown tree snake bites and constriction. A young victim of a brown tree snake bite should receive immediate medical attention.

The snake is active at night and inhabits trees, shrubs, and forests. Although snakes are usually found in vegetation, they can be encountered almost anywhere. The brown tree snake spends most days coiled in a cool and dark location, such as a treetop or a rotted log. They are adept climbers and can crawl through very small openings.

The brown tree snake is extremely abundant on Guam, with localized estimates sometimes reaching 20 or more snakes per acre of jungle. These population density estimates are among the highest snake densities ever recorded. The only other snake on Guam, the introduced blind snake (Ramphotyphlops braminus), resembles a worm in size and shape and is harmless.

Damage

The brown tree snake has caused extensive economic and ecological damage to Guam. It is responsible for numerous power outages across the island each year. This species is an opportunistic feeder and has eradicated most of Guam's native forest birds.

As bird populations have declined, the snake has turned its focus to Guam's lizards. Rats, mice, domestic birds, and bird eggs make up the rest of the snake's diet on Guam. In the snake's native range, its populations are kept in check through natural processes such as disease, competition for food, and predation. Although these processes likely occur on Guam, they are not adequate enough to control the brown tree snake population.

Conflicts With People

Even though the snake is abundant on Guam, most people rarely encounter a live brown tree snake. These pests do not hang from trees in giant bunches, nor do they actively search out people to bite. In fact, many residents have lived on Guam for years without ever seeing a single snake.

The brown tree snake may be attracted to residential areas by an abundance of rodents, lizards, poultry, or debris that serves as habitat for snake prey. The snake may occasionally enter buildings while searching for food.

Simple precautions, such as keeping doors and screens secured, screening air ducts and pipes that open outdoors, keeping garbage and pet food in secured containers, and removing surrounding vegetation may make a building less attractive to brown tree snakes.

If you encounter a brown tree snake indoors, you should call local authorities for removal.

Originally posted by sparkys girl:

omg....danesmoate is bugged! so exactly what did you guys hear?!?! *blushing* great, now we are gonna have to 'go outside' for privacy...
tongue.gif

*spits out water all over keyboard* lol.

ick, snakes. they creep me out. almost as much as bugs. blah!

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

Originally posted by elizabeth:
pants

Pants are clothes we wear on our legs. Some people call them trousers.

Now this brings us back to a question as old as time, Pondered by great philosophers(Mona, Hippy, and I)if you wear only half of a pair of trousers (pants, slacks, etc). Is that called a "Trouser" ???

Whoa.. :)

I did find a pair, and ya'll girls made me smile. Thanks, I think I might have to come here more often..

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 01-09-2002).]

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
Originally posted by madonna's child:

sounds from adam's bedroom...
MARIA (sparky's girl): wow... it's... EL-E-VA-TION!!!

wink.gif
biggrin.gif

omg....danesmoate is bugged! so exactly what did you guys hear?!?! *blushing* great, now we are gonna have to 'go outside' for privacy...
tongue.gif

you two can stay at my place...

what (evil)-AM is not telling is that she?ll lock sparky?s girl into the hotpress and have Adam for herself....
and yeah, you can have the pants then, Adam won?t need them i my pad....
biggrin.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by Lemonite:
Whoa.. :)

I did find a pair, and ya'll girls made me smile. Thanks, I think I might have to come here more often..

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 01-09-2002).]
Where did you get them?? I think that someone around here was looking for a pair, and would proboablly be very happy to hear that!

Originally posted by Lemonite:
Thanks, I think I might have to come here more often..

biggrin.gif
What sunglasses did you get help finding? I'm looking for the glasses with the violet lenses.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

*wipes tears from eyes*

Oh my...I miss one evening filled with so much fun!

youse guys are too funny...
biggrin.gif

------------------
And your earth moves beneath
Your own dream landscape

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

I believe that the original pair is Versace

gallery

------------------
Zooming in
Zooming out
Nothing I can't do without
A lens to see it all up close
Magnifying what no one knows
Never in company
Never alone
No car alarm
No cellular phone
- Adam Clayton / Passengers

***Sparky's Whore***

If I Didn't Have My Spoons, I'd Go Insane!

Originally posted by CatDubh:
I believe that the original pair is Versace

gallery

really?
so many people have named labels, i hardly know what to believe anymore.

Anyone remember "Spanky's House of Fatigues"?
That sent me on a wild goose chase.....

images

Originally posted by AM:
hm, sounds expensive
frown.gif

only the best for lord clayton.

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
Oh, I remember Spanky's well. It was supposedly in Cleveland if my memory serves me right. I have a friend in Cleveland, so I was all prepared to call her up and be like "Dude! you have go to Spanky's and get me a pair of these mofo awesome pants! What do you mean, are they U2-related? What kind of crazy person do you think I am..."
icon39.gif

Dayton.

Not even Cleveland.

They were supposed to be in friggin DAYTON!

Originally posted by elizabeth:
Anyone remember "Spanky's House of Fatigues"?
That sent me on a wild goose chase.....

Oh, I remember Spanky's well. It was supposedly in Cleveland if my memory serves me right. I have a friend in Cleveland, so I was all prepared to call her up and be like "Dude! you have go to Spanky's and get me a pair of these mofo awesome pants! What do you mean, are they U2-related? What kind of crazy person do you think I am..."
icon39.gif

Hehe...

Calm down elizabeth!

------------------
And your earth moves beneath
Your own dream landscape

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Back
Top Bottom